• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D30 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Gust22

@amirm this dac is MQA full decoder and does not need programs like roon or audirvana to make the first deployment? And by coaxial and optical input is it renderer nothing else?

SylphAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Just got mine yesterday. Thanks to Amir's review. Hoping for good measurements with my cosmos ADC. :)
It also sounds good :) I like the bass.

252115324_570099094069854_2216907915482541877_n.jpg

252716144_717623222964773_5162509748669885065_n.jpg

Edit: The sound is very good, but I can't get good THD measurements, I already emailed their support.

Attachments

• Loxjie Bluetooth input.PNG
    Loxjie Bluetooth input.PNG
    114.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Loxjie USB Audio.PNG
    Loxjie USB Audio.PNG
    109.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

SylphAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Update: I was able to get a good THD output (for USB input) when I downloaded XMOS usb driver. Bluetooth output remains the same (even on low output levels), it's expected because BT input is standalone. I believe a firmware update can fix this.

audiofun

Bluetooth performs bad because it's a compressed format. It's the reality of the technology. no firmware can fix that. Just use USB if you want good THD result.

mamadu

I’m very torn over whether to get the Loxjie D30 or the Topping DX3 Pro+ as a Bluetooth DAC (with bonus headphone amp) for my vintage stereo setup. Which of the two would you recommend? Any notes on the sound quality of either DAC? Best place to order online for a Canadian? Cheers! (Also: first post)

ManuMaker

I’m very torn over whether to get the Loxjie D30 or the Topping DX3 Pro+ as a Bluetooth DAC (with bonus headphone amp) for my vintage stereo setup. Which of the two would you recommend? Any notes on the sound quality of either DAC? Best place to order online for a Canadian? Cheers! (Also: first

I’m very torn over whether to get the Loxjie D30 or the Topping DX3 Pro+ as a Bluetooth DAC (with bonus headphone amp) for my vintage stereo setup. Which of the two would you recommend? Any notes on the sound quality of either DAC? Best place to order online for a Canadian? Cheers! (Also: first post)
Loxjie measures better as dac (I think, I still don't understand all the graphs and measurements) but the topping has LDAC which in theory is the best codec, the same I am not so demanding with BT.

ManuMaker

well, I've been testing it for more than 48 hours, almost non-stop jajajaja, as dac is something amazing, during the wait I got about 130gb of hi res files, so I'm giving it hardcore. As the DAC is spectacular, I tried it with several headphones and the power is almost correct, if not fair, about 30% of the albums that I listened to I did with the volume to the maximum, so in the future I will add an L30 (maybe something better come out), I tried it by connecting the headphones to a NAD Integrated amplifier and it also sounds excellent (20% more power would have been enough for my headphones), finally I tried it with the NAD amp and some PSB speakers and it was glorious , what a great change after 3 cd players that I had (they all broke). Thank you very much for all the help and information. Now to look for a headphone amp.
P.D: i was surprise with the sound of MQA files, really great, AND with albums that i really know.

Last edited:

Ramdi

I have the loxjie d30 with the little tube amp Xduoo mt602. I am very impressed with the powerfull and the quality of this team.

mamadu

Loxjie measures better as dac (I think, I still don't understand all the graphs and measurements) but the topping has LDAC which in theory is the best codec, the same I am not so demanding with BT.
Ended up buying the Loxjie D30 when it went on sale during Black Friday. Arrived yesterday (shipping to Canada can be slow), but so far I absolutely love it! Connects all my digital sources to my Technics SA-5550 integrated amp, Bluetooth connects my iPhone (super convenient), headphone output (not the star of the show, but good to have), and it comes with MQA (not something I want/need, but nice to have onboard). All for $300 CAD. What a time to be in the stereo hobby!

Attachments

• 73070714-D2E7-49A3-B3F3-640F6F891A2C.jpeg
    73070714-D2E7-49A3-B3F3-640F6F891A2C.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 151

ManuMaker

hello people!! im having such a really good times with the d30 and a kph30i, but using foobard2000 got a problem, sometimes i lost the fisrt second of the song and with mqa i lost the 2 or 3 first second, can someone gimme a hand??

Zaino

i own a power amplifier, Atoll MA100, do you think that Loxjie D30 can work nicely, as a preamplifier with Atoll power amplifier?

ManuMaker

Hi, I tried it with a rotel power amplifier and an integrated NAD amp, as it has the options fixed and variable you can manage the volume from the dac, I don't know how convenient it could be since as I read, quality is lost when lowering the output of the DAC, I think that My knowledge is not able to recommend you, in the test I did, while we drank beer and chatted ... it sounded very good. The DAC is spectacular as the DAC.

lemon07r

Is this the akm or ess one that's measured here, and which should I get? Im looking to get a good desktop dac with rca out that doubles as a headphone dac with 3.5mm out as well for around 200 bucks.

EDIT: Ignore this, figured it out.

Anyone who came here to ask the same question this is for the newer one. The older one is cheaper and reviewed here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d30-dac-and-headphone-amplifier-review.16679/

EDIT2: Man this was out of my budget, but I cant find the cheaper akm version anywhere.

I also needed to buy a headphone dac anyways and a clean low noise power supply cause my system and old d10 was picking up a ton of noise for some reason in my new house (old house had no issues with noise).

So that would have been around 40-80 for a linear power supply (though I could probably find something less fancy and good enough for less), 130+ for a good dac that can take power from an auxillary power source (like the smsl sanskrit 10th mk2 or topping e30) cause my usb power is even noisier for some reason (lol if i even move my mouse or get any gpu/cpu usage my speakers go brrrr, and that was with a topping d10 too before I sold it), and another 100 for a good headphone dac (or I guess I could skimp for a cheaper good enough one but then I would just end up wanting to upgrade it later on).

At this point I realized why don't I just get something that has all three.. like the loxjie d30. So I ordered one off hifi-express for $255. While out of my initial budget for a desktop dac, I realized it does fit my budget for a desktop dac, headphone amp and low noise power supper, all while being better than any combination of those things I could have got for $255 or less.

The akm version one would have been more ideal at its cheaper price but at least I won't have to upgrade for a very long time now that I've splurged a little for something pretty much top end.

Also I know a lot of us like to say nobody needs anything like a good power supply or anything like that but I've learned the hard way that isnt true. I think the closer truth is most people dont need one. Im sure a clean power source wont make a difference for most people but sadly my system and power outlet beg to differ :(. It's not just a matter of having a dac with good noise rejection sometimes, unless the topping D10 I had doesnt count.

There is one con to getting the new D30 I just realized.. by buying this we support the scam known as MQA sadly. Nothing wrong with MQA in itself, but the marketing, especially Tidal's is really predatory and inaccurate. Tidal is shit anyways.

Last edited:

mamadu

hello people!! im having such a really good times with the d30 and a kph30i, but using foobard2000 got a problem, sometimes i lost the fisrt second of the song and with mqa i lost the 2 or 3 first second, can someone gimme a hand??
I’ve experienced this with my D30 playing MQA files on Tidal. But, I’m also playing Tidal on an old iPad which is running an old version of tidal. Haven’t had any other issues with other apps or file formats, just MQA in Tidal (which I’m not going to stick with for long anyway).

Would love to know if anyone else knows the reason behind the 2-3 second dropouts at the start of MQA files.

lemon07r

I’ve experienced this with my D30 playing MQA files on Tidal. But, I’m also playing Tidal on an old iPad which is running an old version of tidal. Haven’t had any other issues with other apps or file formats, just MQA in Tidal (which I’m not going to stick with for long anyway).

Would love to know if anyone else knows the reason behind the 2-3 second dropouts at the start of MQA files.
Tidal is just a trash buggy app. I've had issues for it for years and support never actually bothers to help. They tell you they're looking into it then completely ghost you no matter how much you try to reach out to them. My entire account is bugged and filled with duplicates and it's been years since they told me they were looking into and trying to fix it lol. They never responded to me again. Terrible company. And for some reason tidal always sounded artificially sharper and boosted a few db to me. Didn't sound right. Even YouTube sounded better to me. For the longest time I thought that meant I just didn't like hifi lossless audio and that it may have even just been a placebo that my mundane brain couldn't tell the difference of to begin with. Lo and behold, I find someone's thorough examination of their content only to reveal that it IS boosted by a few db compared to Redbook, AND that it doesn't even match master source because most mqa tracks on tidal are not only lossy but seem to be just upsampled from CD quality rather than using the actual source. I forget which artist there was, but they took their work off after they found out tidal posted "master" quality audio of their work when they never even submitted their master quality source yet. Even though I will finally have an mqa capable dac I will not bother using mqa. Shady business practices like these need to be stopped. They basically just made up a proprietary audio format to milk ppl of money with licensing fees and the such. MQA COULD have been decent if it was actually used properly for it's intended purpose, as a lossy format that contains source quality audio in a CD quality data size, which would have been a good in between for streaming that could fit in between CD quality flac and master quality flac (since master quality flac will still always be better), but instead, at least in most on tidal, it's ended up being worse than both. I want to be mad at companies for even adopting mqa into their chips cause it's all a hoax, but it's not their fault, they need to make things that consumers want, and us dumb consumers not knowing any better have wanted mqa dacs enough to push manufacturers into to put mqa into their stuff and further supporting this madness. Well at the end of the day I'm fine with mqa gaining traction but only if there's going to be more transparency about what it's actually good for, and if tidal dies out completely cause it's a shit service. Anyways, my rant aside, here's a good read in mqa:

Even if this doesn't help you fix your issues at least you won't feel like you're missing out on anything and can just move on to a better platform, which would be a better solution to your issue anyways.

Top Bottom