• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
One strange thing to me I noticed, they say both IPS and OLED display?

High-resolution full-view color IPS display.
Humanized operation with OLED display.

Someone shall also explain what they mean by "humanized operation" ;)
User friendly hard translated from Chinese.

noel_fs

amirm if you are gonna measure stuff coming from a phone i think you should use hi-res or openSL HD output, whatever is avaliable depens on manufacturer. UAPP, poweramp and neutron are the apps that support that.

PeteL

Major Contributor
Bluetooth. Was this done without that insane costing add-on module somehow? For anyone wondering the ability to do Bluetooth measurements is like a $7,000 add on from AP.

Loved seeing all the attention this little neat package got with so many measurements (always enjoy seeing new DACAMPS).
Amir talked about "Android resampling" So we can assume the source was a phone or a tablet, not a signal transmitted by the analyser.

alekksander

One strange thing to me I noticed, they say both IPS and OLED display?

High-resolution full-view color IPS display.
Humanized operation with OLED display.

manual (from loxjie official site) also contains contradictory information regarding chip:
Screenshot_20201013_114739.png

milus

Thanks for the review on Loxjie D30. The item in store on amazon and hifi-express now.

@peterwen are you Loxjie manufacturer?
If so, thank you for sending this to @Amir for measurements.

Would you consider please, sending @Amir a A30 Power amplifier / Headphone amp as @Kuppenbender previously asked?
I am curious to see how an Infineon Merus MA12070 powered amplifier performs.

Thank you!!

PeteL

Major Contributor
I'd like to see more of these gunmetal tones in audio gear, not a big fand of the bold blue and red, but we've been limited to black and silver for like 50 years, great to start to have a bit of variety. I'd like to see other subdued metallic colors too.

alekksander

Wowzers, that's a new low, literally. Can't stop thinking about underpaid workers.
please don't bother. it's not that people get payed less. it's that (now) less people is required to achieve the same effect (or better), since great part of titanic work has been done already. technology progress :) there are some more and less interesting thoughts to be found on asr regarding future of dacs.

gvl

Major Contributor
please don't bother. it's not that people get payed less. it's that (now) less people is required to achieve the same effect (or better), since great part of titanic work has been done already. technology progress :) there are some more and less interesting thoughts to be found on asr regarding future of dacs.

Oh, people do get paid less, it would be foolish do deny it. Try to design, manufacture, and sell/support this product in Poland and make profits selling it $135 a piece, and cost of labor in Poland is still below than what it is in Western Europe or US. I don't think the economies of scale really apply to a product like this.

Labjr

Major Contributor
Hard to beat the value. Better than original Auralic Vega. Only thing missing is balanced out. I wonder when someone will break into the top ten with an XLR out model under $150?

Sin Hizer

No quick output selection by pushing in the knob or something similar? Just the remote?

Kuppenbender

Forum Donor
No quick output selection by pushing in the knob or something similar? Just the remote?
I’m pretty sure it does.

The identical looking (but different) Loxjie A30 does. Long push turns it on/off, short push goes to menu, and turning left or right scrolls through the inputs, adjusts filters, colours of screen etc...

Top Bottom