• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I’m pretty sure it does.

The identical looking (but different) Loxjie A30 does. Long push turns it on/off, short push goes to menu, and turning left or right scrolls through the inputs, adjusts filters, colours of screen etc...
Exactly how it works.

Im impressed with the A30 from Loxjie. The sound is kinda thin so might need to upgrade the power supply. Also the dac is also an old unit of ES9023 so an upgrade say topping e30 would be a good option

Veri

Master Contributor
I meant the one that came with it may not have enough power so at low volume it might sound thin. A 24v 10a power supply should do it
You can try it but I would assume the manufacturer supplies a stock PSU that is beefy enough, it would be a big mistake on their part. Besides, Amir tested it with stock PSU. There's no faults particularly jumping out that could be related to insufficient power :)

alekksander

@ninetylol would You be willing to take some pictures of this devices guts? i probably am not the only one curious about its insides.

Sin Hizer

Exactly how it works.

But there is no dedicated shortcut to switch output?

the flow would roughly be: short tap>scroll through menus to find output>tap again to go into that menu>scroll again, then tap again?
Also since you have one have you hooked up any speakers to it?

Kuppenbender

Forum Donor
the flow would roughly be: short tap>scroll through menus to find output>tap again to go into that menu>scroll again, then tap again?
Exactly that, but as ‘output’ is the second menu down, and there are only 2x outputs for the A30 (speakers or headphones), it sounds more complicated than it is.

If you mean the A30, mine’s connected to a pair of B&W LM1’s (8 ohm, 91db), which it powers comfortably. I haven’t tested how loud, as they’re outside and I don’t want to scare the neighbours. It’s certainly loud enough for casual listening.
E13ED2D2-70F0-4EB0-AF8F-EDC544F21FAF.jpeg
C70C4A6B-53F9-4304-9E9E-2CB47006FB33.jpeg

My only complaint would be that it has the world‘s flimsiest speaker binding posts.

Last edited:

Silver1omo

You can try it but I would assume the manufacturer supplies a stock PSU that is beefy enough, it would be a big mistake on their part. Besides, Amir tested it with stock PSU. There's no faults particularly jumping out that could be related to insufficient power :)
He is talking about the "A"30, that one has an Infineon MA12070, Amir tested the "D"30.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Either that or just use the remote, which got its special button for it. Cant ask for more mate :D I got my Topping L30 connected to it which is also powering my active speakers via rca out, but most of the time i use D30 premode out and the remote to change volume with both speakers or headphones.

laudio

Regardless of economics looks like a good deal. Have one on order.

gvl

Major Contributor
You say that like it's a bad thing.
"Semantics: the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning."

I would rather use words correctly. I think (I hope) that's appreciated here.

I think my simple point came across, even if the choice of words wasn't exactly perfect. There is time and place to be pedantic, this discussion isn't it.

PuX

An headphone amp by definition is analog. Did you mean in cases like this one where you have both a dac and an amp in the same box? Then the answer is not as definite.
I meant when there are digital circuits in the amp anyway. So yeah, does not make sense to add digital volume when the amp is purely analogue.

I do think that analogue volume lets you conserve SNR as the noise is also reduced with the gain. And SNR matters a lot when the driver is a few centimers from your ear.
sure, but channel imbalance matters a lot in headphones too and it would be nice to avoid as much as possible.

Top Bottom