• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

bobbooo

Major Contributor
Just noticed there's actually an option in the developer menu in Android settings to choose the sample rate sent via Bluetooth, so that could just be set to 44.1 kHz to avoid resampling.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seemingly AKM inside?

Had3c8a360ce54a4e9c57b19275e763d3H.jpg

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice to see the panther out on the links. Thank you @amirm for another great review. Your project is proving that lots of expensive electronics are paperweights. This thing is super high value.

alekksander

thanks for the review!

so… is there any reason to choose dx3 pro over this one? (excluding wireless performance)

raif71

Major Contributor
thanks for the review!

so… is there any reason to choose dx3 pro over this one? (excluding wireless performance)
Maybe if someone prefers the 6.35mm headphone jack over the 3.5mm on the dx3pro?

Daverz

Major Contributor
thanks for the review!

I love my DX3Pro, but this is $60 cheaper, so would seem to be the new recommendation for those wanting an all-in-one DAC/headphone amp with bluetooth.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
thanks for the review!

Dx3 Pro has more power in its headphone amp as the measurements show. Alas, post my initial review, it was revised with higher output impedance so that advantage is there for higher output impedance headphones.

xarkkon

Wow, a Loxjie that doesn't look like a toddler's toy block. That in itself is a huge win!

Kuppenbender

Forum Donor
Please tell me they sent you the similar looking, but completely different A30 DAC/power amp to test as well. I have one for the garden (so critical listening not really an issue), but it would be nice to see how it tests.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Please tell me they sent you the similar looking, but completely different A30 DAC/power amp to test as well. I have one for the garden (so critical listening not really an issue), but it would be nice to see how it tests.
No, this is the only unit I have from them.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
thanks for the review!

Yes:
1. Dx3 has two AKM chips, always better than one, no matter the measurements! ;):p
2. Dx3 has an external power brick (my subjective preference :))
3. ahh, and yes, seems like LDAC and APTX HD is missing, you don't care for wireless but "spare" features always count ;)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, DX3 support "dual output (both headphone+line out) whereas D30 not..(?)

On the other hand, my first gen DX3 somehow has a standby power consumption equal to operational consumption of this unit..

Last edited:

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One strange thing to me I noticed, they say both IPS and OLED display?

High-resolution full-view color IPS display.
Humanized operation with OLED display.

Someone shall also explain what they mean by "humanized operation" ;)

Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor
Bluetooth. Was this done without that insane costing add-on module somehow? For anyone wondering the ability to do Bluetooth measurements is like a $7,000 add on from AP.

Loved seeing all the attention this little neat package got with so many measurements (always enjoy seeing new DACAMPS).

Top Bottom