• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

KU713

Hello. I wonder if it is better with Loxjie A30 using USB input compared to optical input. Did anyone do any measurements? Thanks.

Ismapics

No way the unit Amir tested was cherry picked. I drop shipped it to him on Amazon. Loxjie couldn't possibly interfere with that.

No issues with analog or digital on this one.

Mine is working great , just now while working. No issues, its on top of the Mac mini M1 and none of them get hot at all.

AndreaT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Right Piano, right voice, right sub output, excellent build quality. Can you ask for more at this price? It would be divine to have a model with double the power, at a bit higher price, with the same excellent measurements.

yeyonghe

Good Day Everyone. Sorry to bother you all.

My Loxjie A30 has some noise problem as per the following:
1627312318368.png

Are everybody experiencing the same problems or is it just me? In other words, is this due to the design of the amplifier or manufacturing defects? If it is due to the design of the system, I will just accept it. If this is a manufacturing defect, then I shall contact Loxjie for further actions.

Are there any clever DIY fix for this issue?

But still, from the perspective of someone who has never listened to a dedicated HP amplifier, I like the HP output of this device very very much when it is operating under the no noise condition when the usb cable is connected to the pc, listening to FLACs of 44.1khz 16bit from my PC.

I still haven't tested the speaker output because I'm still in the process of building my own diy speakers, "Overnight Sensations" designed by Paul Carmody.

Will greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

Amplifier owner from Malaysia

Ismapics

View attachment 143593

Are everybody experiencing the same problems or is it just me? In other words, is this due to the design of the amplifier or manufacturing defects? If it is due to the design of the system, I will just accept it. If this is a manufacturing defect, then I shall contact Loxjie for further actions.

But still, from the perspective of someone who has never listened to a dedicated HP amplifier, I like the HP output of this device very very much when it is operating under the no noise condition when the usb cable is connected to the pc, listening to FLACs of 44.1khz 16bit from my PC.

I still haven't tested the speaker output because I'm still in the process of building my own diy speakers, "Overnight Sensations" designed by Paul Carmody.

When you say According to: may ask who? Your experience? Mine is great and no noise whatsoever. Great power easy use remote. So for me there is no DYI fix, sorry.

Helicopter

Major Contributor

View attachment 143593

If I understand correctly, fingers on USB is the only thing positively correlated with noise. I would say, don't touch it then.

yeyonghe

If I understand correctly, fingers on USB is the only thing positively correlated with noise. I would say, don't touch it then.
negatively correlated.
"fingers touching USB metal shield when USB is not connected to PC" has less noise than "fingers NOT touching USB metal shield when USB is not connected to PC".
Meanwhile:
"fingers touching USB metal shield when USB is not connected to PC" has more noise than "when USB IS CONNECTED to PC".

Ismapics

negatively correlated.
"fingers touching USB metal shield when USB is not connected to PC" has less noise than "fingers NOT touching USB metal shield when USB is not connected to PC".
Meanwhile:
"fingers touching USB metal shield when USB is not connected to PC" has more noise than "when USB IS CONNECTED to PC".

So as I understand, no noise when there are no fingers? Isn't that being too finicky specific. I dont have any problems whatsoever. I dont touch it nor I want to, I rather listen to it.

JoostE

Seems like the USB need to be connected to something to have no noise. Seems weird for sure.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Gotcha. Strange. I never connected anything to my USB or touched it while running, and never had any noise.

Malis

I am using it mainly with Bluetooth, and no issues still.

Maybe you can disassemble it (I posted a video on how to do it, it is very easy) and check if there are any clearly visible faults on the board or usb connector (possible soldering issues on the board or maybe something is touching the case). Also, try to put the power plug in other room and in different power socket, maybe there are some issues with your power delivery, and this amp might be very sensitive in your particular situation.

yeyonghe

I am using it mainly with Bluetooth, and no issues still.

Maybe you can disassemble it (I posted a video on how to do it, it is very easy) and check if there are any clearly visible faults on the board or usb connector (possible soldering issues on the board or maybe something is touching the case). Also, try to put the power plug in other room and in different power socket, maybe there are some issues with your power delivery, and this amp might be very sensitive in your particular situation.
Problems Solved! Problems Soooolllllllvvvvvveeedddd!
I did as you suggested, i.e. unplugged it and tried it in other room, and the noise disappeared.
It turns out that the problem is my pc. In the room with my pc, when my pc was off, the noise disappeared, and vice versa. When I put my palm on the amplifier while the pc is on, the noise disappeared. When I connected the usb to the pc while the pc is on, the noise disappeared. The loxjie is super sensitive, it must have picked up some EM wave emitted by my pc.

So, I hereby would like to thank Malis for your suggestion. Also, thanks to the other members, Helicopter, JoostE, and Ismapics for responding. I really love the sound of this Loxjie A30 wonder.

Malis

It is nice to be helpful. Enjoy your AMP and welcome to affordable HiFi community.

Ismapics

Problems Solved! Problems Soooolllllllvvvvvveeedddd!
I did as you suggested, i.e. unplugged it and tried it in other room, and the noise disappeared.
It turns out that the problem is my pc. In the room with my pc, when my pc was off, the noise disappeared, and vice versa. When I put my palm on the amplifier while the pc is on, the noise disappeared. When I connected the usb to the pc while the pc is on, the noise disappeared. The loxjie is super sensitive, it must have picked up some EM wave emitted by my pc.

So, I hereby would like to thank Malis for your suggestion. Also, thanks to the other members, Helicopter, JoostE, and Ismapics for responding. I really love the sound of this Loxjie A30 wonder.

Yes, great news. Enjoy

discy

Will this be able to power my Dali Oberon 7s in my 8x4 living room at decent level?
I am sitting 4 meters away.

milan616

Forum Donor
Will this be able to power my Dali Oberon 7s in my 8x4 living room at decent level?

I plugged your numbers into Crown's amp calculator. At 4 meters and for loud listening with a little headroom you're probably just at the edge of the capabilities of the A30 (this really becomes questionable if Dali overstates their sensitivity.)
1627843856991.png

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I think you'll be fine at the volume I listen, but it might depend how loud you want, and hoe much headroom you want.

Top Bottom