• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

discy

I plugged your numbers into Crown's amp calculator. At 4 meters and for loud listening with a little headroom you're probably just at the edge of the capabilities of the A30 (this really becomes questionable if Dali overstates their sensitivity.)
View attachment 144867

What spec or graph did you look at to arrive at this conclusion? Is it the 18 watt @ 8ohm from the measurements vs the 23 watt from that calculator?

milan616

Forum Donor
What spec or graph did you look at to arrive at this conclusion? Is it the 18 watt @ 8ohm from the measurements vs the 23 watt from that calculator?

The Oberon 7 are 6 ohm nominal. Amir measured 18W at 8 ohm and 40W at 4 ohm, so you can roughly split the difference for 30W at 6 ohm. Most manufacturers have a little bit of upward fudge in their sensitivity specs, but unless Dali outirght lies like Klipsch you've got a few watts left of headroom.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered mine from AliExpress in mid-June and the tracking shows customs cleared and then has been sitting on "Delivering" since July 1. Anyone else ordered from AliExpress?

peterwen

Audio Company
I ordered mine from AliExpress in mid-June and the tracking shows customs cleared and then has been sitting on "Delivering" since July 1. Anyone else ordered from AliExpress?
Can you give me your order number? let my aliexpress colleague help you check it again

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

miktin

Hello I got my A30 today. The sound is great. I then have it on the Mac Mini via USB. I set HiRes 24/192 in the music app and then switched to 24/192 in the midi settings. But then only music pulp comes out. The Loxje accepts a maximum of 32/96 or 24/96. Anyone have an idea what it could be?

miktin

I found the problem. It's the Hue Sync app. As soon as I start it, I can transmit max 96khz. If I stop the whole thing, it goes up to 384khz

Last edited:

ButteredToast

I’m a bit confused about best matching practices between amp and speakers and I could use some sage advice: I put together a 2.0 system using the A30 and a pair of Elac DBR62’s. I now, after doing some more reading, understand that the A30 is considered underpowered for driving these speakers.My question is do I need to replace the A30 with something that has a higher wattage rating?

I’m using the system as a HT set up and to play vinyl records in a very small, open style, apartment living room/dining room. At 30 on the dial, the sound is already louder than I would be comfortable playing with the neighbors in mind, and at 26, sitting on my couch which is about 2M away from the speakers, I am already getting a better audio experience than I did with my old sound bar/sub set up.

I understand that having to crank up the volume with an underpowered amp is dangerous as you can overheat said amp and clip on the speakers which might lead to damage, but since I am no where near the 50 on the dial that I’ve read here as a red-line, can I live with this set-up as is? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m a bit confused about best matching practices between amp and speakers and I could use some sage advice: I put together a 2.0 system using the A30 and a pair of Elac DBR62’s. I now, after doing some more reading, understand that the A30 is considered underpowered for driving these speakers.My question is do I need to replace the A30 with something that has a higher wattage rating?

I’m using the system as a HT set up and to play vinyl records in a very small, open style, apartment living room/dining room. At 30 on the dial, the sound is already louder than I would be comfortable playing with the neighbors in mind, and at 26, sitting on my couch which is about 2M away from the speakers, I am already getting a better audio experience than I did with my old sound bar/sub set up.

I understand that having to crank up the volume with an underpowered amp is dangerous as you can overheat said amp and clip on the speakers which might lead to damage, but since I am no where near the 50 on the dial that I’ve read here as a red-line, can I live with this set-up as is? Thanks in advance for your advice!
Sounds like you are golden with nothing to worry about.

ButteredToast

Sounds like you are golden with nothing to worry about.
Thank you for the reply. That’s good to hear. So, I guess, other than volume, that there’s no other tangible benefit to dynamic range, Bass, etc. that having a bit more wattage at my current listening levels would afford? I’m still within the return period for the A30, that‘s why I ask.

discy

I was in the same boat and not sure if this is the way but I did frequency sweeps (like this one) and slowly increased the volume to see if I needed more wattage for low frequencies and figured I certainly don't.

I also liked this movie test
And some songs on spotify:
Sense of direction
Sweet but psycho
Blinding lights

I figured if I want more bass at lower volumes I can use the eq or, even better, buy a sub.
Don't see how peak-wattage can be a limiting factor if it can go much louder than I want to.

Plesse correct if wrong.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was in the same boat and not sure if this is the way but I did frequency sweeps (like this one) and slowly increased the volume to see if I needed more wattage and figured I certainly don't.

I figured if I want more bass at lower volumes I can use the eq or, even better, buy a sub. Don't see how peak-wattage can be a limiting factor if it can go louder than I want to.

Plesse correct if wrong.
Something sounds off in that YouTube bass test video frequency sweep. Try this. It doesn't frequency sweep although you can sweep it yourself and dial in to the frequency more accurately.

Ismapics

I was in the same boat and not sure if this is the way but I did frequency sweeps (like this one) and slowly increased the volume to see if I needed more wattage for low frequencies and figured I certainly don't.

And some songs on spotify:
Sense of direction
Sweet but psycho
Blinding lights

I figured if I want more bass at lower volumes I can use the eq or, even better, buy a sub.
Don't see how peak-wattage can be a limiting factor if it can go much louder than I want to.

Plesse correct if wrong.

I just realized the sub and the mains are sounding the same bass. Ahh? Just tested a sweep and at 30hz the mains woofers were dancing like its no ones business. Is there a cress over when using a Sub? Seems like there is none. Using this site. https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencychecklow.php

Ismapics

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 2.37.44 PM.png

I just wonder how the Loxjie identifies itself in your computers. Here is how it appears in mine. Its not connected to a Type C port actually a USB hub with my keyboard.

discy

That's correct. There is no high-pass filter to filter bass from your main speakers.

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
D

Deleted member 9685

This looks like the best budget amplifier. It even comes with digital volume control and a remote controller.

Digital volume control is better than analogue volume control which has volume imbalance at low volumes.

PeterMac

Question : Does this LOXJIE A30 has somewhere Serial number on mainboard or somwhere same as S/N on carton box ?

Top Bottom