• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound Powernode Streaming Amplifier Review

Rate this streaming amplifier

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 98 43.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 102 45.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 16 7.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

Why the discussion ?

I think it is almost clearly established now that almost all devices tested by Amirm lately are beyond threshold of human hearing.
So about every device will do your ears the same favors... the Bluesound Node or the Topping D90.
It is like having a smartphone allowing you to play with 97fps... when your neighbour's lame machine only will get you 96fps... when the human eye can detect about 30fps anyways :)
The difference is measurable.
Will I "feel the difference" ?
Not sure I will...
I may even loose the game despite having one frame more won't I ?
Still, people want the iPhone 15 Pro Max even though they already own the 14 Pro Max...
Why ? Not to be explained...

Same goes here.
Once your device get's beyond a certain point of measurements, the choice will be based on totally subjective reasons (looks, fanboyism for a brand) or mildly subjective reasons (features given there is no perfect device that will give it all) or more objective reasons (this is as far as my wallet can stretch).

And tell you what...
That is the way I like it.
This is what makes audio world so nice.
If we would all go for measurements alone, we would all end up with the same device and would change it as soon as a new device, that measures an ass hair better, is released.
Conformism and utilitarism at it's best.
Me I don't want it and no, I haven't chosen my wife on measurements. Else I would have picked a different one !

Regards.

Last edited:

AltoVariago

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Beware of the objectively proven.

No worries with the rain. It was a complex series of experiments involving a herd of calibrated Beulah Speckled Face Sheep, a dog, a lot of horizontal rain, a specially constructed sheep spin dryer, and a graduated bucket.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No worries with the rain. It was a complex series of experiments involving a herd of calibrated Beulah Speckled Face Sheep, a dog, a lot of horizontal rain, a specially constructed sheep spin dryer, and a graduated bucket.
What degree did the bucket earn?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't have ChatGPT. But if you do, please ask it, when raining, if one runs from the car to the house door does one stay drier than walking and let us know the results.

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Don't have ChatGPT. But if you do, please ask it, when raining, if one runs from the car to the house door does one stay drier than walking and let us know the results.
Hi,

Yeah, that is a good question to ask to AI.
But you can alo fuck chatGPT and ask me.

The answer is no : you'll be wet the same :cool:

I can demonstrate it by simple scientific observation.
You are in your car and drive 100mph. You're under the impression of heavy rain.
You slow down, you're under the impression of lighter rain.

What is there more to demonstrate scientifically ?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

Yeah, that is a good question to ask to AI.
But you can alo fuck chatGPT and ask me.

The answer is no : you'll be wet the same :cool:

I can demonstrate it by simple scientific observation.
You are in your car and drive 100mph. You're under the impression of heavy rain.
You slow down, you're under the impression of lighter rain.

What is there more to demonstrate scientifically ?
Not going to disagree, if the rain is falling vertically it hits the top of your body. Running would expose the lower parts to more rain, in my thought experiment.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My thought experiment is unable to accurately model reality. My car gets thoroughly wet when I drive quickly, but then I cover long distances. My car also gets thoroughly wet when it just sits in the driveway or in traffic. Which is wetter? Denisty and speed probably both play roles here.

AltoVariago

I remind that we are discussing the sound of an amplifier, not the efficacy and the safety of a lifesaving anti-cancer drug.

nygafre

The recent pivot of this discussion.. :D. At least water is Blue.. and propagate sound.

LugsyTL47

Car analogies are always faulty - but if you want one: It is like buying a Tesla - and finding that, though it has all the luxury, and advanced driving assistance features you wanted, it's power and handling** are that of a Hyundai I10 (good enough, hardly exciting, available at 1/4 the price).

** I would say handling (being an objective measurable performance characteristic) would be part of the measurement sweep. See, car analogies rarely work well. :p
To add, HyundaI/Kia have zero handling capabilities when their engines blow like both our Elentra and Sorento, plus the other 1.6 million in class-action lawsuit in Canada & USA. Cars are bad analogies.

Top Bottom