• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch The Fives

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
An interesting speaker. Joey just released a video on them featuring in room measurements (better than nothing) that looks like Klipsch might have finally released a speaker without a sharp rise in the treble. Though, generally, as we know, the in-room response will be decreasing in magnitude on the higher end so the speakers may still have a upper tilt. I’m interested to try these myself but the $800 is prohibitive. Has anyone seen any actual anechoic-type measurements for these?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Has anyone seen any actual anechoic-type measurements for these?

Haven't seen The Fives yet. I've seen measurements for The Sixes (which came out in 2016). (Source)
The-Sixes_Top.jpg

1596654437751.png

Kaaron

Does anyone gave a try to these speakers ?
There on sale at "only" 650€ right now, and could fit one of my need, either to remplace large tower, such as RP8000F, or put them on my office, as they have a ton of digital inputs.

Does anyone gave a try to these speakers ?
There on sale at "only" 650€ right now, and could fit one of my need, either to remplace large tower, such as RP8000F, or put them on my office, as they have a ton of digital inputs.
They are on sale again, and I couldn't wait on the Klippel measurements (though I see Erin's Audio Corner is currently measuring), so I bought a pair for our guest room to directly hook up to a TV without the need for a receiver, using the sub out to a pair of SVS Micro 3000. My home theater is a 7.4.4 with Focal Aria and SVS PC-4000's. While the 2.2 system isn't nearly in the same league as my main system, I was pleasantly impressed with the output of The Fives while playing music fairly loud. Not sure they replace full towers but for an office setup should be pretty good and get louder than you should listen to at a few feet away. That said I'm more considering PC to Focusrite Scarlett to SVS PC-4000 to Kali In-5 as I'm assuming they will have a better frequency response, though if the Klippel measurements show a fairly flat response (seems like these are some of the most neutral that Klipsch makes), may also get a pair of The Fives for the office.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Kali In-5 as I'm assuming they will have a better frequency response, though if the Klippel measurements show a fairly flat response (seems like these are some of the most neutral that Klipsch makes), may also get a pair of The Fives for the office.

I’ll save you the wait: For sound quality, get the Kali.

The Fives have other benefits but if it’s sound quality you’re after, the IN-5 owns the Klipsch’s.

I’ll save you the wait: For sound quality, get the Kali.

The Fives have other benefits but if it’s sound quality you’re after, the IN-5 owns the Klipsch’s.

Figured but one could hope. Look forward to your review. To keep things clean in a simple setup the Klipsch does offer some advantages. Hoping other speakers come out with HDMI and sub-out that measure better, than I can give the Klipsch to my wife for her office and upgrade the guest room setup :D

Keep up the good work!

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Figured but one could hope. Look forward to your review. To keep things clean in a simple setup the Klipsch does offer some advantages. Hoping other speakers come out with HDMI and sub-out that measure better, than I can give the Klipsch to my wife for her office and upgrade the guest room setup :D

Keep up the good work!

Well, the Fives aren’t terrible. Especially with the right DSP setting. It’s just that the IN-5’s are really good. And, of course, some may prefer what the Fives have to offer. My review should be up this week so you can see what you think then.

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
or more user DSP controls through the app.
I do recall somewhere online saying that Klipsch informed them a custom/manual EQ mode would be added eventually to the App.

I guess by them adding the “Bass cut” mode it is definitely possible to add EQ feature to customize the DSP.

Please take it as a “rumor” since I cannot find the source.

io53

Top Bottom