• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

JTR Subs for HiFi and Music Primarily

CJPopovich

As someone who is competent in subwoofer design, you won't go wrong with JTR. The biggest part will be incorporation and calibration, but as a sub they're first rate.

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm currently thinking of two RS1's. I rarely enjoy music that loud on speakers (only in headphones and at EDC :).

And I'm going to be doing a Genelec 8351B-based active monitor HiFi system, so I am more looking for clarity and range than crazy SPL.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm hoping it will come close to a decently-high-end passive system? (I was originally thinking a D'Agostino Progression Integrated amp and Focal No. 2s)
  • 2 x 8351B's for Left/Right Highs
  • 2 x W371A's for Left/Right Mids
  • 2 x JTR RS1s for Left/Right Bass
And then all that leveled and smoothed out with a Storm Audio MKII Processor using DIRAC.

View attachment 123759

Since your room is not that large, I would start with W371 plus your 8351B. I get 100dB at 20Hz in a similar room with 8361 on top of W371 with a concrete wall behind the speakers.

I would add 1 sub only to start with and see if you really need it (for music I am unsure). JTR or another Gelenec like 7380 can do it. If you buy W371 I am sure you can ask the dealer to lend you 1 or 2 subs to play with and see how many you need to optimise your room.

galanakop

My saliva really falls and only with the idea 2x 8361 2x w 371 2x 7380. But we will have to reach about 30,000 euros. It's a lot of money my friends.

Top Bottom