• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 4305p

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@AnalogCircuit They work great for near field. The imaging was fantastic and they are adjustable if you need to put them near a wall as well. I ended up returning the set that I had, though. I have really sensitive hearing, and there was something to them that was making my ears feel uncomfortable. I don't know if it's that strong peak at the end of the tweeter's response, but something always felt uncomfortable. I tried to EQ them to remove it but wasn't able to; beyond that they were amazing, but I couldn't deal with that issue (but it doesn't seem to be common from others that have experience with JBLs with the same tweeter). I've owned probably somewhere near 100 pairs of speakers at this point and I've got a set of JBL S3900 so I'm no stranger to horns, so I'm not sure what the issue was.

The 1” 2410h-2 is used in the HDI and 4305p, but it’s a step down from the 1.75” compression driver used in your S3900 which is one generation before the 4349 driver.

IMG_7565.jpeg

firestart3r

Hi @hardisj , did you measure the 4305p using the analog or digital input?

Would using an external preamp like the MiniDSP Flex (TRS outputs) better for sound quality?

Or it would be worse because of the additional ADC?

Thanks

Txapeldun

I have these speakers, and every morning I have to reboot them (with the on/off switch on the back of the master speaker) in order to reconnect them to the Wifi.
It seems they lost the connection after few hours without input (at least 4-5 hours)

Not a big deal, but I'd rather stay in my bed and just launch Qobuz rather than having to get up in order to reboot them
Someone who also have them could help me ?
Great speakers otherwise !

Last edited:
Top Bottom