• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL A130, KEF Q 150 or Q Acoustics 3020?

vinnik

Hi everyone.

Sorry about the english, not a native speaker.

I'm moving to a very small house and don't have space anymore to my Pioneer's SP-FS 52. So a bookshelf is a must. I Like the sound of my Pioneer's. What speaker would fit best my personal reference (the Pioneer's)? The JBL A130, KEF Q 150 or Q Acoustics 3020/30i?
The JBL A130 is the cheaper one. Next come 3020i. At last KEF Q150. My doubt: Are the JBL's so much good? The price is good, but i don't like too much bright treble (i'm used to the Pioneer's). The KEF and the Q Acoustics are more or less the same price around here. Now... what will be the best for me? I can't listen any of them around here.

Oh, my main goal is classical music and some rock. Nothing very loud, just moderate volume levels.

Thanks!

OP
V

vinnik

If you like the FS-22's and now need a bookshelf speaker, you might try to search online on various used market places for the bookshelf version, the BS-22 which got a decent review here at ASR. Another alternative is the Elac Debut series, which are designed by the same designer as your FS-52's
Can't find the BS 22's here. I already did this. And they seem to be very weak in the bass response. That 4 inch woofer... I can't find the Elac debut too. The ones i've mentioned are easely available to me. Tuff choice.

Tio

In my place, kef q150 is much more expensive than 3020i. If at your place they are the same price, I'll choose kef Q150.

Cool Runnings

Do consider active speakers like the Kali LP-UNF. I just got mine. It's the best near field monitor I've ever had for a small room. Even without a sub it makes decent bass output. But if your space is bigger than a small room (say up to 300 sq feet) then I'll highly recommend the Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 V2s.

OP
V

vinnik

In my place, kef q150 is much more expensive than 3020i. If at your place they are the same price, I'll choose kef Q150.
Yeah, maybe i'll set for the Kef.

OP
V

vinnik

Do consider active speakers like the Kali LP-UNF. I just got mine. It's the best near field monitor I've ever had for a small room. Even without a sub it makes decent bass output. But if your space is bigger than a small room (say up to 300 sq feet) then I'll highly recommend the Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 V2s.
Not a big fan of active speakers. We don't have Active Acoustics neither Kali. Yamaha and JBL is widely available here. But again, not a fan of active speakers, and i don't want to sell my receiver.

OP
V

vinnik

I have JBL A130 and KEF Q150 and I like them both a lot. Have not compared side by side. Amir did review JBL A130 and they measured well, he recommends them (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-stage-a130-review-speaker.18260/).
JBL A130 have been discontinued and I am not seeing any new stock in the US. Where are you seeing them, if you don't mind sharing?
Hi! I live in Brazil, and A130's are widely available around here. I decided to stay with the JBL's. They are cheaper and very well recomended.

Top Bottom