• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I'm really conflicted

OP
bandit

bandit

Forum Donor
Keep the Accuphase. If you like the looks and the control feel that matters. I do not think the audio performance difference
is worth the trouble to change to a different amp! Don't worry about the test and just enjoy it.
Thank you!

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The tactile feel of an item - whether an amp# or a car* - is important. Beyond a few hundred dollars when buying an integrated amp, you are not getting better SQ as it is already "perfect"- what you do get is control functionality, feel, and visual aesthetics (and/or reliability, warranty, service). It shouldn't cost many thousands, but it often does.

# see my Ergonomics thread with pics of the Audio Research knobs
* see my Gordon murray thread

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm young but I got into the hobby about 3 and a half years ago now. I've gone from KEF LS50 with a Denon AVR front end, to my end game system of a pair of JBL 4367 and a McIntosh front end. I plan to live with this current system for at least two more years. I just think its fun to think ahead.
I'm confused, I just saw on another thread that you owned a Schiit DAC for many years and that you gave it up because of bullying.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
So you just protect them from dust and (light?) when not in use ?

All the time.

Unless somebody wants to look at them.

Pull a t-shirt you're wearing up over your ears while listening.

I don't hear a difference.

EQ would cancel it if some attenuation were there, anyway.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I'm confused, I just saw on another thread that you owned a Schiit DAC for many years and that you gave it up because of bullying.

Seriously? You can't stretch your brain to come up with anything?

So, you're looking for a calendar so you can get it all lined up?

Not sure why that was necessary.

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are you serious? You trawled through 3 pages ago and singled me out? Okay. I'm sick of your shit so I'm going to respond.

You are quite obviously making some sort of f*ked up remark about my McIntosh or JBL gear that I mentioned I'm using. Comparing it to the Schiit dac. That's really the only way I can read it. You're always ragging on gear and you're extremely negative and toxic a lot of the time. Your old username was "Instigator" or some shit wasnt it? I noticed in the Klipsh Heresy thread you called the speakers "shit" (yeah I looked at your other posts, two can play at that game) so in the context of all of this I don't think its unreasonable of me to ask you to just fuck off. Seriously, leave me alone. Leave other people alone. Stop being so toxic.

I shouldnt have made that post in the Schiit thread actually. Guess I was opening myself up to fucking morons like you to turn my story around on me. Some people can't help themself. I'm an idiot for clicking the "view hidden messages" button. I had forgotten I'd blocked you however long ago it was. Never making that mistake again.

Enjoy the rest of your year you miserable little man.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Are you serious? You trawled through 3 pages ago and singled me out? Okay. I'm sick of your shit so I'm going to respond.
Alright, that's enough of the foul language and name calling from everyone, it ends now.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

You are quite obviously making some sort of f*ked up remark about my McIntosh or JBL gear that I mentioned I'm using. Comparing it to the Schiit dac. That's really the only way I can read it. You're always ragging on gear and you're extremely negative and toxic a lot of the time. Your old username was "Instigator" or some shit wasnt it? I noticed in the Klipsh Heresy thread you called the speakers "shit" (yeah I looked at your other posts, two can play at that game) so in the context of all of this I don't think its unreasonable of me to ask you to just fuck off. Seriously, leave me alone. Leave other people alone. Stop being so toxic.

I shouldnt have made that post in the Schiit thread actually. Guess I was opening myself up to fucking morons like you to turn my story around on me. Some people can't help themself. I'm an idiot for clicking the "view hidden messages" button. I had forgotten I'd blocked you however long ago it was. Never making that mistake again.

Enjoy the rest of your year you miserable little man.
Whoa, I didn't mean to strike a nerve and would never criticize someone for owning something that doesn't measure well. (I own all kinds of stuff that doesn't measure well.) I just saw the two posts late this afternoon and thought that maybe you'd meant to say 8.5 years instead of 3.5 years.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
@BDWoody and I are Devialet brothers in the club of gear people like to hate on. :)

Oh, and we both have TT's, too. Only hipsters, luddites, and deep-end-of-the-pool audiophools own those boat anchors.

We're terrible ASR members.

I don't know what kind of deal happened that allowed @Thomas savage to pass the moderator crown to such a terrible role model.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In our defense, BDWoody and I both bought Devialets before knowing how they measure. (I seem to recall he is the generous and unlucky soul who bought one and sent it straight to Amir.)

I think mine sounds fine for its application. The late great Alex Trebek sounds crystal clear, and my family enjoys watching concerts on this system.
This is one of the things I am most grateful to ASR for. But actually JA in his Stereophile review measurement page implied the chrome pizza boxes had serious issues if you could read between the lines. Did the same thing with the Schiit Ragnarok and Yggdrasil if you could read the measurements page carefully.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
In our defense, BDWoody and I both bought Devialets before knowing how they measure. (I seem to recall he is the generous and unlucky soul who bought one and sent it straight to Amir.)

I think mine sounds fine for its application. The late great Alex Trebek sounds crystal clear, and my family enjoys watching concerts on this system.

I think I got in even earlier when I bought my 400.

And @Frank Dernie has been in longer than me.

I like mine a lot....I just wish they weren't so lazy and sluggish about software development.

But aren't cult classics the things that are love / hate relationships, things that are almost, but not quite, perfect?

Top Bottom