• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How many audio forums do you follow?

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
ASR is the only one for me. I choked my way through Audiogon for a few months before settling in here -- mainly because I was checking used gear. I go to AVS occasionally, but have mainly used it for researching TVs.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My journey started at rec.audio and then I've been at most of the other existing ones. However, since a few years only active on ASR, faktiskt.io and DIYaudio.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
ASR & HydrogenAudio.

Plus the Audacity & GoldWave forums.

ABQdude

Forum Donor
Beyond ASR, I always check Archimago's Musings weekly columns. I only check Audiophile Style's "Album of the Evening" subforum looking for new music. I also check in on AVS Forums for my specific OLED and AV equipment subs.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Beyond ASR, I always check Archimago's Musings weekly columns. I only check Audiophile Style's "Album of the Evening" subforum looking for new music.

I forgot Archimago, yes I enjoy his stuff from time to time.

sonitus mirus

I've been haunting the digital hallways of Archimago, Hydrogen Audio, and mostly ASR these days. Other forums? Merely grazed 'em, in a sort of scientific survey of boredom. Here at ASR, I apply a method I like to call 'Selective Scanning.' Some members get the full-on investigative read, while others get a 'meh, I'll scan it' treatment. It's an efficient approach, peer-reviewed by me, myself, and I!

Salt

Forum Donor
About selling into the hi-end market? Yes. About creating new products like turntable preamps? Yes. About power conditioners and trying to sell audiophiles on how much they need these? Yes. The book is a good read.

I am convinced our ethics and principles are instilled in us at a very early age and follow us through our lifetime. An expression I heard in university is people seldom change, only the circumstances around them.
People only change, if the circumstances around them force them to, would be the right phrase ;).

Salt

Forum Donor
I do not read any audio forum regularly (except ASR recently) except for Google search results for something I'm interested in.
Until last year I had 5 journals en Abonnement about Hifi, two of them vanished end of last year.
The remainders are 1 magazine about DIY loudspeakers, 1 magazine non advertisement payed and 1 filled with 10k€ equipment, followed by advertisement next page (will have to quit this asap).

Besides, as I'm observing the market for more then 3 decades, there is a strange shift from obvious technical merits to fabulation, confirmed by, of course, 'high-end' pricing.
Irritating, at least.

Ironically the main market for these high priced products is in Asian regions (until 2022 also rus), where a recently established class of wellincomers wants to perform some representation.
On the other hand the products from these markets represent highest performing gears for more than acceptable bill today.

World has gone completely crazy. If not, give a scientistically based proof of it , otherwise: thanks for the fish.

OP
r042wal

r042wal

Forum Donor
I feel dismissed :( lol

These are the forums I check into. I post mainly in three forums, including this one. Recently I have tried to become a little more active here after becoming a donor.

ASR
AudioKarma
Audiogon
Aurender
AV Nirvana
DIYaudio
Sterophile
Steve Hoffman
Audio Nostalgia
PS Audio

Pe8er

Forum Donor
I started on Head-Fi...then they went insane. So I moved to SuperBestAudioFriends...and they eventually went bonkers too. When I was still there, one day there was a fiery and loud thread, a "deconstruction" of this new kid's on the block apparently manic ranting about some measurements or else on this other new site...and this is how I discovered ASR, and never looked back.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Could well be 85% ASR

I do drop by AVSforum because they are video enthusiasts .. The level of AV discussion there can be very high and highly informative. Say 14%
Hifishark just in case they have something I want or need... Say 0.9%
Audiogon for laughs, and once in a while, some gears... 0.1%
That's all...
I don't seem to get out enough :D

Peace.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just this one, because for the most part, our membership can prove what they say. I'm sick and tired of other forums spewing out 'what they think'.
It seems to me that many at some of the other forums have neither Empirical Knowledge NOR Engineering Knowledge but are very good at having opinions that originate from the "Snake Oil" persuasion Cartel.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
HeadFi removed my posts showing data on one of AudioQuest's fraud gadgets. Bye.

Steve Hoffman forums censored my posts showing data on the remarkably awful Lounge Audio phono stage. Bye.

Audio Asylum stopped being entertaining after Charlie Hansen died (his over-the-top viciousness was an art form and massively fun to read).

Other than ASR, I haven't found anywhere else interesting to post since my departure from diyAudio some years ago. And remarkably, when I've had strong disagreements with Amir- backed with analysis and data- he hasn't censored or removed anything I've written; on the contrary, he has been cordial on a personal level and completely open on a technical level. Not surprisingly, I've had no trouble replicating any of his results.

OP
r042wal

r042wal

Forum Donor
I started on Head-Fi...then they went insane. So I moved to SuperBestAudioFriends...and they eventually went bonkers too. When I was still there, one day there was a fiery and loud thread, a "deconstruction" of this new kid's on the block apparently manic ranting about some measurements or else on this other new site...and this is how I discovered ASR, and never looked back.

I felt the same way with PSA

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I started on Head-Fi...then they went insane. So I moved to SuperBestAudioFriends...and they eventually went bonkers too.

I am a member of Head-Fi and SBAF although I don't visit them at all. In what way did Head-Fi go insane? I must have missed it!

Top Bottom