• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How many audio forums do you follow?

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
I always change the forums after a certain time, when I get bored with the topics or members become a pain in the ass. You can also make enemies in forums. When the Internet was still new, I had hosted and operated an audio forum myself. But that soon became too much work for me. Now the only forum which is remaining for me is ASR.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
As good as ASR is, it does not have the "Australian community" focus that SNA does. Pretty much everyone you interact with over there is an Australian, and I have met many members and visited their homes to listen to their systems. The interesting thing about visiting others is that their systems are a reflection of their personality and their audio philosophy. You can tell who has been reading too many copies of The Absolute Sound and who has a more science based approach. It's also a great way to discover new music.
I know this from German forums. On Friday there is a meeting of a group of HiFi friends in Dresden, Germany to meet outdoors on a nice site on the border of the Elbe river and have a barbecue to enjoy the summer. Me and my wife will go there.

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know this from German forums. On Friday there is a meeting of a group of HiFi friends in Dresden to meet outdoors and have a barbecue to enjoy the summer. Me and my wife will go there.
Do you listen to music? On what type of system?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes of course. Some friends will bring suitable equipment, but I do not know what it is.
sorry, I was just speculating about some DIY or new tech or modifications to show. ;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR really does have it all. The only notable failure is it can't explain the vinyl renaissance.

/;)

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR really does have it all. The only notable failure is it can't explain the vinyl renaissance.

/;)
As an ME I can explain it, everybody likes things that move and add music its addictive. :cool:

OP
r042wal

r042wal

Forum Donor
his site is an amazing resource

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I wish I could answer that
In many places you cannot use the word ‘engineer’ in your title unless you have a degree in engineering and have passed the exams from the state or provincial engineering regulatory body and done the time as an EIT (engineer in training).

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In many places you cannot use the word ‘engineer’ in your title unless you have a degree in engineering and have passed the exams from the state or provincial engineering regulatory body and done the time as an EIT (engineer in training).

These days, that title doesn't mean anything. PE certification and ASQ Black Belt OTOH are far more valuable for employers.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

/;)
I have just recently had my own vinyl rebirth , only took a few sides and two minor repairs/adjustments to the turntable to remind me what a complete PITA it is.
Of course the superlative sound quality makes it all worth it!
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Wow, such an old thread for me to just have caught up with ???
I've been around a long time and been a member of many audio sites.
Most that I no longer frequent were subjective type sites that I could either no longer stomach or got banned from.
A shining example might be WBF which I was banned from for supporting Amir there, and then following him here after he started ASR.
I can occasionally be heard making a post or two at other sites, but in the main only contribute to two, here and over at Quadraphonic Quad, a site dedicated to multichannel music enthusiasts. For the most part I can no longer deal with bickering against the audiophools and their hallucinations. LOL

Top Bottom