• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 221 49.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 178 39.6%

• Total voters

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Mabye the knob is not put in,on with the grooves aligned with the grooves of the potentiometer

Last edited:

gasolin75

picture of the groves ?

SuperDerpBro

IMG_20230909_114106504.jpg

gasolin75

Heat it up if it's plastic, quickly put it on and bendt it into place before it gets cold

or make the hole a little bigger on the knob and use hot glue, put it on and hold it until it gets coldt and the fit it tight

remember to put it on so the indikator is at the right place

SuperDerpBro

Shouldn't have to that with a brand new device. heh

The pot post is a little crooked.. I was able to make it look mostly "ok" by slowly putting the knob back on while pushing on the side with more of a gap... turning it a bit, and doing it again... x10. Still not great.

Hope I didn't frig up the pot with all of this messing about. How sensitive are they to forces?

Mordor

NOt normal....looks it fall and damage it.

SuperDerpBro

Hi Redacted,
Thank you for reaching out to us, I hope you are doing well.
Please don't worry, it is correct, compared with the single-section design, this type of double-section potentiometer is relatively loose, but its function is normal. You can use it with confidence.
Any thoughts and suggestions to optimize our product are welcome.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any issues or have further questions.
Have a wonderful day, and thank you for your continued support!
lul

Edit: This is likely the last Chinese amp I'll ever buy :(

Last edited:

Allar88

Anybody knows the resistance of the volume potentiometer?
i need to make a Stepped Attenuator volume control for it, i need 6 stereo channels on one pot, and i dont have a better idea :(

burkm

@Allar88:
]ts printed on top of the potentiometer itself: 50kOhm Type A (logarithmic scaling): A503.
The latest release of the Fosi V3 got a "new" (different color and may be make ?) volume stereo potentiometer than is shown on all reviews, tests and photos and is now completely orange (beige ?) colored. All the electrolytic capacitors are 105°C specified (the Elnas on the Fosi photos I saw had 85°C printed on them), which should double their lifetime.
The current release version PCB also has as a slight "modification" a 2nd resistor (1 Watt type ?) added to the already existing one. Color coding rings of the resistors are - unfortunately - barely visible to me.
PCB is Version 3, Rev.: 6, Date: 2023.07.15
At least mine (brand new and directly from Shenzhen Audio) has...

Note: My volume potentiometer is firmly seated but the knobs "middle" seems to be somehow misaligned (probably just one notch). I will fix that, when I close the case.

@SuperDerbPro:
If the axle of the volume potentiometer is (crossly) bent, I would have it serviced or exchanged under warranty. Unfortunately, judging from the pictures you have shown, I can't see it clearly. Probably have to be at your place to recognize it...

Last edited:

mike70

lul

Edit: This is likely the last Chinese amp I'll ever buy :(

What's the problem with the product? Surely the damage was maded in the shipping company. Can happens with any brand / origin.

SuperDerpBro

What's the problem with the product? Surely the damage was maded in the shipping company. Can happens with any brand / origin.
Problem has been clearly explained and documented. Since you've mentioned the damage I'm not sure why you are asking.
This brand told me that damage is "correct" and to use it with confidence.
Should have bought from AZN instead of directly from Fosi.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My unit of PS100 was faulty, it would put out lots of static noise coming in from HDMI ARC. I sent the unit back for a refund.

Juampa1989

My unit of PS100 was faulty, it would put out lots of static noise coming in from HDMI ARC. I sent the unit back for a refund.
It's a shame to know that you had a bad experience. I bought one that goes on trips to use the arc hdmi so I can control the volume with the TV remote control, I hope I have better luck. When I install it I will tell you how it went.

burkm

But AZN is usually somewhat more expensive. Probably the reason, why You bought directly from Fosi ?

mike70

This brand told me that damage is "correct" and to use it with confidence.

Ok, I don't saw that ... yes, for me is a shipping damage and Fosi (on paper) doesn't has fault. But, you expect other answer about it and is understandable.

Top Bottom