• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Florida International Audio Expo 2023

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Florida International Audio Expo
Brings the Heat for 2023

Tampa, Florida—January 2023—Florida International Audio Expo takes place Friday–Sunday, February 17–19, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. The more than 65 exhibit spaces will be the scene for plenty of action—several rooms will unveil new products, letting show attendees be among the first to experience some of the best new high-performance audio gear.

We have been traveling the globe to reach new exhibitors, and locally, we are participating in several shows to reach new attendee groups,” said Bart Andeer, co-founder and operations manager of the Florida International Audio Expo. “We are proud to offer our attendees the opportunity to experience various levels of products available in the market, always with the focus on celebrating and enjoying our shared passion for music in a fun, relaxed environment.

With over 12 floors of demonstrations to explore, attendees will experience electronics, loudspeakers, turntables, and headphones from all over the world. The larger banquet rooms will feature special presentations from such brands as Acora/VAC, Clarisys/Bloc, Classic Audio, MBL, Thrax/Lansche, and TAD.

We are thrilled to bring to the Untied States for the first time ever the full Reference One experience, as well as the debut of the CE1TX, TAD’s new Compact Evolution speaker,” said Dave Malekpour, the owner of PAD HiFi, TAD’s US distributor. “We can’t think of a better event to share the latest developments from this iconic brand than the Florida International Audio Expo.”

Finally, Qobuz returns as the show’s official streaming service. David Solomon, Chief Hi-Res Evangelist for Qobuz USA, will host his famous Flash DJ sessions throughout the show.

Tickets are on sale now. Single-day admission will be $25; admission for all three days is $35; students, children, and spouses are admitted free of charge.

Show Hours

Friday, February 17 10 am–6 pm

Saturday, February 18 10 am–6 pm

Sunday, February 19 10 am–4 pm

Please visit www.floridaaudioexpo.com for details about Florida Audio Expo 2023 and for more information about participating brands.

* Exhibit rooms are still available through December 30. The incredible draw of Florida’s warm weather makes the Expo a wonderful winter escape for many, but the cold weather in much of the rest of the country means that it will also be the height of Florida’s tourism season—our host hotel will quickly sell out of rooms. (Other hotels within walking distance of the Expo are listed below.)

57gold

Thanks for the heads up. Minutes from my home.

Checked exhibitor list hoping to see/hear Perlisten speakers that have caught my attention. But sadly not on list.

Anyone planning to attend, happy to share info on local spots to check out. Lots happening in Tampa Bay.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Florida International Audio Expo
Brings the Heat for 2023

Tampa, Florida—January 2023—Florida International Audio Expo takes place Friday–Sunday, February 17–19, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. The more than 65 exhibit spaces will be the scene for plenty of action—several rooms will unveil new products, letting show attendees be among the first to experience some of the best new high-performance audio gear.

We have been traveling the globe to reach new exhibitors, and locally, we are participating in several shows to reach new attendee groups,” said Bart Andeer, co-founder and operations manager of the Florida International Audio Expo. “We are proud to offer our attendees the opportunity to experience various levels of products available in the market, always with the focus on celebrating and enjoying our shared passion for music in a fun, relaxed environment.

With over 12 floors of demonstrations to explore, attendees will experience electronics, loudspeakers, turntables, and headphones from all over the world. The larger banquet rooms will feature special presentations from such brands as Acora/VAC, Clarisys/Bloc, Classic Audio, MBL, Thrax/Lansche, and TAD.

We are thrilled to bring to the Untied States for the first time ever the full Reference One experience, as well as the debut of the CE1TX, TAD’s new Compact Evolution speaker,” said Dave Malekpour, the owner of PAD HiFi, TAD’s US distributor. “We can’t think of a better event to share the latest developments from this iconic brand than the Florida International Audio Expo.”

Finally, Qobuz returns as the show’s official streaming service. David Solomon, Chief Hi-Res Evangelist for Qobuz USA, will host his famous Flash DJ sessions throughout the show.

Tickets are on sale now. Single-day admission will be $25; admission for all three days is $35; students, children, and spouses are admitted free of charge.

Show Hours

Friday, February 17 10 am–6 pm

Saturday, February 18 10 am–6 pm

Sunday, February 19 10 am–4 pm

Please visit www.floridaaudioexpo.com for details about Florida Audio Expo 2023 and for more information about participating brands.

* Exhibit rooms are still available through December 30. The incredible draw of Florida’s warm weather makes the Expo a wonderful winter escape for many, but the cold weather in much of the rest of the country means that it will also be the height of Florida’s tourism season—our host hotel will quickly sell out of rooms. (Other hotels within walking distance of the Expo are listed below.)
Hi Amir,

Sent you a PM ;)

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
There were 4 big high dollar rooms the last times, the rest in the Suites.

Each Suite is two rooms, left and right as you walk in.

The vendors typically set up in the "living" room, with their storage and whatever in the bedroom, so there's a buffer (the bedroom) between each exhibition room. Helps a lot to isolate one room from the next.

jeffbook

Oh boy!!! Lots of cable vendors.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Man it just keeps snowing in the Twin Cities.
I am shoveling my way to a broken heart, losing my 'love' of winter fast.
Man I just winter to get some Spring, Summer and Fall.
Everything is really beautiful though, covered in thick white water.

Be cool to hit up Florida but alas I will not.

I am doing the spring Chicago Event

And the end of summer PNW Event

Just in case anyone here wants to know about these shows...

If I have room on my schedule, I'll drive down from Orlando. As someone who was not yet born when Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits, or Aja by Steely Dan were released, I think I'll get a warmer welcome from the headphone vendors. Audeze, Focal, Hifiman, RME, Geshelli Labs, Warwick Acoustics, and DCA (Dan Clark Audio?) are listed vendors. SVS are also there; hopefully I can listen to their Prime Wireless Pro which I'm interested in for simplifying my stereo setup in an upcoming living room redesign. Finally, I'll get some entertainment out of the vendors trying to shake rich old guys out of every last cent.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm, any plan to cover the event for ASR?
Right now I am not planning on attending. If that changes, I will let you all know. Hopefully some other members who are going will shoot some pictures and post impressions.

Carlton80@0

I attended these types of shows for many years starting with the summer CES shows in Chicago and later the combined CES and High End shows in Vegas. As the shows and crowds became bigger I had to take a break. I plan on attending this show while visiting family in Tampa.

D!sco

How much does a room like this cost? It would be fun to bring some proven equipment together, proven techniques and compare different styles. Big speakers, small, subs, EQ, etc. Skip all the fancy cable risers and power transports, no specific vendor preference.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How much does a room like this cost? It would be fun to bring some proven equipment together, proven techniques and compare different styles. Big speakers, small, subs, EQ, etc. Skip all the fancy cable risers and power transports, no specific vendor preference.
By the time you include the cost of staff, shipping, room, etc. it will probably get to $20K.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. Minutes from my home.

Checked exhibitor list hoping to see/hear Perlisten speakers that have caught my attention. But sadly not on list.

Anyone planning to attend, happy to share info on local spots to check out. Lots happening in Tampa Bay.

Seems that Perlisten is using some Satori woofers
I own some ADS French speakers with the Great Heil ESS AMT3 / Satori Egyptian Papyrus woofers = splendid to listen to, absolutely sensational timbres

Checkout my project :

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Matrix DAC is $2K+
There's not "one" Matrix DAC, nor they start from 2k$.
hardly ASR team approved from a value perspective.
Well... no. ASR team is supposed to approve performance above all. Once you get that, plenty of members also value build quality, longevity/support, features and so on. There is a reason why RME and Benchmark (and others) are still very popular here.

Seems that Perlisten is using some Satori woofers
Nope. This has been debunked quite a few times:

Last edited:

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd love one of these audio shows that compared some flagships from companies that do well here... Kii, D&D, Genelec, and maybe Neumann.

57gold

There's not "one" Matrix DAC, nor they start from 2k$.

Well... no. ASR team is supposed to approve performance above all. Once you get that, plenty of members also value build quality, longevity/support, features and so on. There is a reason why RME and Benchmark (and others) are still very popular here.

Not dissing RME, Benchmark and T+A. I bought a Mytek DAC years ago as I knew the company from pro audio/studio gear world that RME is a player. For my part, willing to pay for guild quality, service and long term support that these companies provide. That being said, if I were to by a Purifi stereo amp, I'd go for a Boxem or March or Audiophonics and save @$2500 versus T+A.

Recent review of a $900 SMSL DAC with two AK4499EX chips and other high end components in a quality case and ASR SINAD stamp of approval got signifiant ASR member noise that it was too costly versus other DACs with similar test results; that is what I was referring to.

Top Bottom