• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exasperating Server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1ple6

What new server is it?
If I were to guess it seems like the product in question is from a certain member that has been banned from every audio forum he's joined. If it is the product I'm thinking about then I remember questioning the choice of fibre to reduce noise. I'll leave it up to the OP to name names if he wishes but the most telling thing for me is that the manufacturer stopped answering emails. That alone should be enough reason to name and shame him

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Hmm, if I am not mistaken - that server is built from off the shelf components. If so, it should have a network adapter inside. Any chance of showing us a picture of the internals?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I just want to give the manufacturer a chance with the new OS, the network isn't the problem it can be used as an 'airplay' device successfully, it stumbles when used as a Roon core, which is the prime reason I purchased th

Mivera

Major Contributor
I tried again on another PC to download the upgraded OS , still can't download, despite any 'grade student' being able to do it.
The manufacturer isn't responding to my emails, I don't believe he has sent a micro SD card with the new OS. I am not sure why he wouldn't if the upgraded OS would solve problem?
I had an engineer friend install the unit into his system and he suffered from the very same issues.
Bit disappointing really, certainly couldn't recommend this product or the mnufacturer as things stand.
Keith

I think it's time to clarify some outright lies ( unwise rhetoric Mike ) . For 1, I don't think I've ever taken more than 2 hours to respond to any of your emails. For example you wrote this post claiming this as we were fluidly exchanging emails:
Keith.PNG

For second since you were the only client of our who couldn't figure out the Roon update procedure, we sent you another SD card at our cost. And if that didn't work there was another test procedure we could try to confirm absolutely the issue. Since the airplay worked fine, if there actually was a real issue it was due to your main router/wifi setup. I told you I know of a much better way to configure your existing network gear but you had no interest in trying and simply demanded money back instead. I offered to honor our 10 year warranty and have it shipped back as well to test. But that wasn't good enough either. ( moderated , casting such unfounded aspersions against a member goes well beyond your right of reply Mike . ) You told Paypal that it didn't work from day 1, yet you told your clients up to 4 months after purchase on public forums that it works great:

http://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/120438-mivera-audio-superstream/

Keith you bought the unit in June, these posts were in October. Well just got back the end results of your Paypal dispute today.

Keith Paypal.PNG

If the problem still persists, don't hesitate to return for warranty work, or contact me for simple troubleshooting procedures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mivera

Major Contributor
I don't think using the words "outright lies" is inappropriate when we have someone claiming I stopped responding to emails, when I provided proof we were fluidly exchanging emails at the exact time he made this claim. If there's a real problem let's talk about it. I have nothing to hide. I'll share every email if you want.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I don't think using the words "outright lies" is inappropriate when we have someone claiming I stopped responding to emails, when I provided proof we were fluidly exchanging emails at the exact time he made this claim.
Unwise, and it is.

As was the part I deleted, if you don't understand why that's your look out Mike. You should be thanking me not arguing .

Mivera

Major Contributor
What's unwise is starting this thread trying to stir up trouble when I always have, and am willing to work through any possible issues with the unit. If the problem is sincere, there's a very easy step by step process of finding the problem. The first step I recommended was installing a fresh OS on the microSD card. Keith claimed he was having trouble with the image burning software so I spent $36 buying another SD card and mailing it to him. Finally he decided to try again and claimed it actually worked but the problem was still there. I recommended connecting the switch direct to the main router taking the wireless extender out of the picture. That's the last I heard about it until discovering this thread.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Tom, on post #17 (here), dated 24th of November, Keith claimed that Mike (moderator, not entirely accurate as purite audio did not name Mike or his company . Purite audio only refers to 'the manufacturer' indeed I don't believe purite audio ever identified the manufacturer by name) wasn't responding to his emails.

In the attachment Mike included, all the emails were dated 23rd of November. With the time difference between Canada and the UK, (with the mitigating factor that none of the emails that Mike included were time stamped by Google), it can't be more than a few hours, or less than 12 hours since the last email from Mike and Keith making that claim. In short, as far as I am concerned, it proves Mike's point that Keith made a false claim that Mike had stopped answering his emails.

Then, there is the issue of Keith claiming to Paypal that the unit was not working from day 1, when he has made forum posts claiming that it works. With no proof, it is hard to verify Mike's statement about Keith's claim. For me, I am 50-50 on this one.

I think the "please explain" should go to Keith, not Mike.

FWIW, I received Mike's original post (prior to editing) via email notifications. I think the language is a bit aggressive and you are correct in your action, but I can understand why Mike would be aggrieved.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I don't think using the words "outright lies" is inappropriate when we have someone claiming I stopped responding to emails, when I provided proof we were fluidly exchanging emails at the exact time he made this claim. If there's a real problem let's talk about it. I have nothing to hide. I'll share every email if you want.
No thanks Mike, that's not what the forums about.

I respect your right to reply despite the fact really you should of just left it as there is no real obvious link to you here only inference.

All this is doing is drawing more attention to the issue, firmly linking it to you and highlighting how unpleasant you can be when your 'truth' is questioned. ( though fortunately I have edited out that unpleasantness, but still you argue lol)

We've been here before, another dispute you had with a supplier ( Keith is obviously a customer but also had been promoting your products ) .

Fortunately for you all the highly liable content you posted ( certainly deflamitory ) then was deleted before the issue got chance to escalate.

Until Keith responds here ( I doubt he will) I don't see you have anything to add.. Any further publications of private correspondence between you both by you will be immediately deleted.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Tom, on post #17 (here), dated 24th of November, Keith claimed that Mike wasn't responding to his emails.

In the attachment Mike included, all the emails were dated 23rd of November. With the time difference between Canada and the UK, (with the mitigating factor that none of the emails that Mike included were time stamped by Google), it can't be more than a few hours, or less than 12 hours since the last email from Mike and Keith making that claim. In short, as far as I am concerned, it proves Mike's point that Keith made a false claim that Mike had stopped answering his emails.

Thanks Keith , the right of reply has and always will be protected..

Mivera

Major Contributor
Tom, on post #17 (here), dated 24th of November, Keith claimed that Mike wasn't responding to his emails.

Then, there is the issue of Keith claiming to Paypal that the unit was not working from day 1, when he has made forum posts claiming that it works. With no proof, it is hard to verify Mike's statement about Keith's claim. For me, I am 50-50 on this one.

FWIW, I received Mike's original post (prior to editing) via email notifications. I think the language is a bit aggressive and you are correct in your action, but I can understand why Mike would be aggrieved.

I have emails from the day before and day after as well if what I shared isn't enough. And I can also share what he told Paypal as well.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

It's not the Agressive tone but the liable nature of the accusation. Can you think of a respected manufacturer that would make such claims against a client?

Just who do you think I'm protecting by removing it?

Mivera

Major Contributor
It's not the Agressive tone but the liable nature of the accusation. Can you think of a respected manufacturer that would make such claims against a client?

Just who do you think I'm protecting by removing it?
Obviously Paypal agreed or I wouldn't have won the case. Case closed. And they usually favor the client.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Obviously Paypal agreed or I wouldn't have won the case. Case closed. And they usually favor the client.
The truth is in there some where, iv been ruled for and against by PayPal. I won't go into the detail but I did end up winning the one that went against me. Their system is far from perfect.

And I don't think PayPal would agree with your deflamitory speculations regarding purite audio..

Mivera

Major Contributor
The truth is in there some where, iv been ruled for and against by PayPal. I won't go into the detail but I did end up winning the one that went against me. Their system is far from perfect.

It sure is. Do I need to share all the emails? 100% of communication was via email. so if we want truth lets have it.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The 'truth' is that I have paid $1300 dollars for a product that doesn't work.
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
The 'truth' is that I have paid $1300 dollars for a product that doesn't work.
Keith

Why did you stop the troubleshooting procedures after updating the OS then? I know what the problem is if the OS update didn't fix it. The problem is your consumer grade router that's on the other end of a wifi extender is acting as the DHCP server for the entire network. You need to have the enterprise grade router you have sitting there doing this role. But in order to confirm this the troubleshooting procedures are critical. We didn't sell you your consumer grade router, nor set it up. So we have no control over network issues on untested 3rd party network gear. This is why we sell preconfigured network gear packages. To avoid this very problem.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Man I love my CD player:D

This system is as easy as a CD player as long as you have properly configured network gear. But Keith made the decision to buy his own gear rather than have us ship pre-configured enterprise level gear. The network gear is part of the audio system with a setup like this. And when you get consumer grade routers combined with wifi extenders it just opens up a can of worms. Here's our solution for the wireless setup he's currently running.

http://www.miveraaudio.com/product-page/cbbb75d6-d0e2-e2d0-0ef5-34e7090e03f7

Cheaper solution here if you have wired Ethernet in the room but want wifi to connect Roon remote:

http://www.miveraaudio.com/product-page/537102f5-2167-5bd7-4463-cadb1b3949a3

either that or go wired and get this:

http://www.miveraaudio.com/product-page/d6531121-3ab4-0d8d-1930-7532c9e2008d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom