• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exasperating Server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Tom, from one moderator to another: I think you should close this thread and let Amir decide what to do.

Mike, your lack of diplomacy is not helping. You could have simply stated facts and let people decide for themselves, rather than call people liars. It makes people defensive, and turns others against you. On balance of the evidence that has been presented, I think you are telling the truth. That is all people need to see.

Tom has said that he supports the right of reply, and Mike has replied. If Keith would like to add something further, he could PM Tom or Amir to have the thread reopened and discussions to continue. The way it is at the moment, all I can see is that the thread only adds ugliness and is not helping anybody.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Tom, from one moderator to another: I think you should close this thread and let Amir decide what to do.

Mike, your lack of diplomacy is not helping. You could have simply stated facts and let people decide for themselves, rather than call people liars. It makes people defensive, and turns others against you. On balance of the evidence that has been presented, I think you are telling the truth. That is all people need to see.

Tom has said that he supports the right of reply, and Mike has replied. If Keith would like to add something further, he could PM Tom or Amir to have the thread reopened and discussions to continue. The way it is at the moment, all I can see is that the thread only adds ugliness and is not helping anybody.

Well I never claimed to be much of a diplomat. Just honest and fair. Be honest and fair with me, and you'll get the same in return. Screw me around and I'll bite back :)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It's open as Keith has right to reply..

I have edited it as you know, beyond that the tone and undiplomatic language that's been used by Mike is not my business.

Personally I don't mind, this wont be the last thread to spawn up where a customer has a issue with a manufacturer.

The readers will decide as you rightly point out.

We have pages of Mike POV I feel closing it now would be unfair.

What's best is both myself and any other members other than Mike and purite audio vacate the thread..

I will keep a eye out for unhelpful language and moderate where I feel it benifcial. My intention was but to probe and flesh out the concerns. Iv done that to my satisfaction.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Superstream arrived literally just before my hip operation, Mike was helpful, and the Superstream did 'work' in as much as we connected the switch ,connected the NAS and Roon connected, I literally didn't turn the Superstream or the rest of the main system on for a couple of months it is only in the last couple of months that I have had the opportunity to listen.
I am the first to admit that I am not a computer 'professional' but I have followed every instruction that Mike has sent, Mike has blamed my incompetence, my network everything in fact except the poor design of the unit itself.
I can't imagine telling one of my customers that it was his fault that a component didn't work!
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
The Superstream arrived literally just before my hip operation, Mike was helpful, and the Superstream did 'work' in as much as we connected the switch ,connected the NAS and Roon connected, I literally didn't turn the Superstream or the rest of the main system on for a couple of months it is only in the last couple of months that I have had the opportunity to listen.
I am the first to admit that I am not a computer 'professional' but I have followed every instruction that Mike has sent, Mike has blamed my incompetence, my network everything in fact except the poor design of the unit itself.
I can't imagine telling one of my customers that it was his fault that a component didn't work!
Keith
( moderated ) Send it back. If there's an hardware issue I'll fix and return. If it works perfectly fine, I'll ship back as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom