• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

djigibao

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope it will land in Amir's hands... ;)
I wouldn't hope much, if I was you... This is based on NS600 modules from Starke Sound :

Bigbro

Hi. Bought the A6 a few weeks ago and its great. Ever since I bought it I cannot wait to enjoy more music using Qobuz and Roon. I do however have one problem. I am using the analog out so making use of the internal DAC of the A6. While playing songs with some songs I have a slight cracking sound in the music. When this appears it is very disturbing. I thought at first that it had something to do with my speakers mid and high tone 'woofers'. But playing another song that is making use of the same Herz frequenties it is no problem. No cracking sound. Anyone any idea?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You have to eliminate one element at a time was the crackle there before the A-6 arrived, is the crackle there with an outboard dac etc.
Keith

Deckard71

Coincidentally, today they have added Qobuz Connect, and today it has been announced that Roon has been acquired by Harman (Samsung group, also owning Denon, Marantz, JBL, etc)

Cepi

Coincidentally, today they have added Qobuz Connect, and today it has been announced that Roon has been acquired by Harman (Samsung group, also owning Denon, Marantz, JBL, etc)
Qobuz connect ? Are you sure ?

GPx86

Is anyone using this streamer successfully with a Linux SMB share? I have a very large database and maintaining a large SMB Share has been problematic on every streamer I've tried in the past, so I've been avoiding them. I would be very interested in this streamer if the SMB share works well.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Running Samba-share on a QNAP NAS. No problems even with SMB v 2.1 and above.
But there was a complaint in this thread about only v 1.0 would give access.
Have this same problem with EC-Living system, don't know why.

Bigbro

You have to eliminate one element at a time was the crackle there before the A-6 arrived, is the crackle there with an outboard dac etc.
Keith
I am not sure. What I do know is that when I use the A6 as a transport and the DAC of my Anthem AVM70 there is no cracking. I prefer however the DAC in the Eversolo as having more clarity. I will further experiment.

Deckard71

I have a small crack when changing volume, having it connected to the power amp. Not always, usually the first time or two when I change volume. That didn’t happen over digital

NoGoodPoints

Qobuz Connect was in the pipeline, announced Nov 11th. I have not install the new firmware yet, I do not know if it has been included in this one
I installed the update and we don't get a real Qobuz Connect option (yet). They made all the streaming Apps accessible under Music Services with Qobuz now an option (along with many others). It is nice to have the Apple music app there, but installing the Qobuz app is fairly redundant at the moment with a native version already in place.

Spyerx

Hi. Bought the A6 a few weeks ago and its great. Ever since I bought it I cannot wait to enjoy more music using Qobuz and Roon. I do however have one problem. I am using the analog out so making use of the internal DAC of the A6. While playing songs with some songs I have a slight cracking sound in the music. When this appears it is very disturbing. I thought at first that it had something to do with my speakers mid and high tone 'woofers'. But playing another song that is making use of the same Herz frequenties it is no problem. No cracking sound. Anyone any idea?

Are you using balance or rca? I’m using balanced into my BAT integrated and have had no issues. Can you try another input To your amp?Have you seen this on multiple streaming services? Or are these local files? Whats the source? Repeatable? Your data bandwidth is good?

djigibao

I wouldn't hope much, if I was you... This is based on NS600 modules from Starke Sound :
Maybe Eversolo will have better measurements...
I think it would be nice to see measurements from Eversolo.

al2002

Mine displays tracks for extraction but bug for playback, maybe works depending on model.
Thanks Werther 44210.
Can any other users comment on whether they have successfully used a CD drive for playback?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

al2002

We are developing a global PEQ&GEQ function for DMP-A6
Mirror88, can you please comment on my question.

If a portable computer CD drive is plugged into the USB port, can the A6 play redbook CDs without first ripping them?

Mariano Rena

Buna ziua, vreau sa cumpar un Eversolo 6 zilele astea cand ajunge pe stoc, recunosc ca nu am citit tot aici si am o intrebare, ascult muzica Apple si vreau sa stiu daca ocoleste sistemul de operare Android ? Pot selecta 24/192 din software-ul Eversolo?

Last edited:

edved

I am getting the Eversolo 6 today and I have a best connection question. I have the Cinema 50 with the NAD C298. Would it be Eversolo A6 HDMI out to Cinema 50 and XLR to the NAD? Or simply HDMI out to the Cinema 50? Or, XLR to NAD from the Cinema 50?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Top Bottom