• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.0%

• Total voters

yllanos

The two could be complementary and allow two types of listening, I use that and I like to have several DAC Currently I have a Rose RS 250 and I ordered the DMP A6 to have something different to listen to
Interesting. This is exactly where I want to get, with A6 as the core of my system.

I'd like to use my WiiM Pro as a transport then use A6 as DAC. But also, Use A6 as transport and then some external R2R DAC to combine several speakers as I please.

Werther44210

Interesting. This is exactly where I want to get, with A6 as the core of my system.

I'd like to use my WiiM Pro as a transport then use A6 as DAC. But also, Use A6 as transport and then some external R2R DAC to combine several speakers as I please.
Yes, they tried several configurations with very good integrated Technics SU-G700M2 and Rotel RA-
1592MKII, the latter has a Texas Instrument DAC like my Denon. To significantly exceed the performance of the Dac of the DMP, solutions like you say R2R, Chord style or other brands, expensive investment, for the moment, I stop at my configuration. In any case on the digital outputs or inputs the DMP very good. I listen to DSD on it in 2 channels with the Denon, even if in analog it's not bad also with its Dac ...

sonci99

Where to buy this streamer if in Europe?
I noticed that the price is more like 1k instead 800. I tried Ziddo official store in Ali Express, when I ship to Italy the price is 1k with free shipping, when I ship outside EU the price becomes 800 with 240 shipping. It's like they remove the vat from the price and add it to shipping.
Unfortunately Audiophonics doesn't ship to my country.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If only the UK were still in Europe!
I deduct vat (20%) but there would be tax added at your end
Keith

sonci99

If only the UK were still in Europe!
I deduct vat (20%) but there would be tax added at your end
Keith
I pm you if I don't find other options.
I already have a Wiim Pro, apart from Vu meters and album art, is this really better?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Bit perfect transport = bit perfect transport
It is nicely made and reliability so far looks good but don’t expect it to sound any better through the same dac,
Keith

HoJ76

I pm you if I don't find other options.
I already have a Wiim Pro, apart from Vu meters and album art, is this really better?
WiiM Pro is really not so good. My nuc sounds better as a streamer than WiiM Pro. A6 is much, much better than WiiM Pro.

ZeSly

Just received my unit ! Setup process was smooth (but why the default source is XLR and you have no sound for 5mn until you find the settings...)
The sound is really nice, precise, clear, like it.
My only concern is about Spotify Connect : the DMP6 has a slow response time to change volume (tested on iOs and MacOS). Hope it will be better in a next update. (the volume control was not working in Spotify until i update the DMP6).

Last edited:

ZeSly

Funny thing : if i stream from my iPhone, it's PCM, but if my partner streams from her iphone using Spotify Connect too, i could see AAC on the screen of the A6... Am i already a Spotify HiFi user or just a bug ?

Attachments

• IMG_2682.jpeg
    IMG_2682.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 60

Sound_freq

Funny thing : if i stream from my iPhone, it's PCM, but if my partner streams from her iphone using Spotify Connect too, i could see AAC on the screen of the A6... Am i already a Spotify HiFi user or just a bug ?
She must be streaming over Airplay instead of Connect. Connect streams will show as PCM, Airplay streams as an AAC, 44.1khz but at 256 kbps.

Last edited:

ZeSly

She must be streaming over Airplay instead of Connect. Connect streams will show as PCM, Airplay streams as an AAC, 44.1khz but at 256 kbps.
I double checked, but both of us are only using Spotify Connect, should be a display bug on A6.
I'll return the unit : i don't feel any sound improvement (tested with Roon, FLAC, etc), and the volume management with Spotify is a nightmare.

Hoinar

I double checked, but both of us are only using Spotify Connect, should be a display bug on A6.
I'll return the unit : i don't feel any sound improvement (tested with Roon, FLAC, etc), and the volume management with Spotify is a nightmare.
buy the eversolo remote control and you won't have any problems with the A6. To return it for such a small problem seems silly to me.

ZeSly

buy the eversolo remote control and you won't have any problems with the A6. To return it for such a small problem seems silly to me.
Yes you're right :D i'll give a second try later today and run some more audio tests. But i do like a lot how my Octavio manages the volume. Maybe i wait for another update.

SD2KING

Yes you're right :D i'll give a second try later today and run some more audio tests. But i do like a lot how my Octavio manages the volume. Maybe i wait for another update.
To be honest, volume adjustments through Spotify connect are always best “when the app is open and front screen”, if it’s not then I get huge volume leaps on any streaming device. I’m wondering if this might actually be an iOS issue.. anyone else bump in to this? Cambridge evo, Yamaha MusicCast, etc.

Sound_freq

To be honest, volume adjustments through Spotify connect are always best “when the app is open and front screen”, if it’s not then I get huge volume leaps on any streaming device. I’m wondering if this might actually be an iOS issue.. anyone else bump in to this? Cambridge evo, Yamaha MusicCast, etc.
Volume adjustment steps with Spotify Connect and Airplay are about the same on the DMP-A6. I have a Yamaha WXA-50 and the volume moves in steps for certain, it does feel like the steps on the Eversolo are larger gaps with a bit more delayed reaction to each button push before the volume changes, about 6.5 db per up or down button push. It's not smooth volume control at all, I opted to just use the Eversolo remote or use fixed volume and let my integrated amp control the volume for smoother function.

I did some research and did see some remarks from users that they felt the volume step/behavior had changed with Spotify Connect with iOS 16 on iphone.

ZeSly

I use Spotify Connect on iOs 16 & beta version 17, and only Eversolo is not doing it correctly, it's working smoothly on my Denon AVR or an Octavio Stream.

Last edited:

swenske

Yes, permissions are fine (I have no issues from other clients/devices, including my SMSL SD-9 with this account)

The logs say that SMB version 1 is not allowed (disabled for security reasons), and the client didn't try to upgrade to v2 or v3. It's a protocol/handshake error.

Can You confirm that SMB v1 is not enabled on your NAS ?

Thanks!
Hello,

While exchanging with the support, I discovered that enabling SMBv1, setup the share and re-disable SMBv1, lets the share working even after rebooting the streamer.

It seems the streamer negociate the samba connection only in v1(seen in tcpdump), which doesn't work when it's disabled on the server.

Sound_freq

I use Spotify Connect on iOs 16 & beta version 17, and only Eversolo is not doing it correctly, it's working smoothly on my Denon AVR or an Octavio Stream.
Get in contact with Zidoo support and let them know how exactly it’s behaving.

Top Bottom