• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 343 66.1%

• Total voters

Werther44210

Concernant mon expérience entre la matrix dans sa version 3 pro (pour avoir le wifi sur 4, il faut la version pro) et l'eversolo, dans la même configuration que je trouve très neutre, à savoir comme ampli, la boxem purifi et pour l'enceinte ; l' Illumine de Recital-Audio (haut-parleurs français à membranes en aluminium que j'aimerais bien voir amir entendre...), l'eversolo semble bien plus puissant. Je ne parle pas de signature sonore car je n'en entends aucune et c'est exactement ce que je recherche à travers mon système :). Comme je l'ai dit, peut-être, attention, je ne comprends pas grand chose à la technique, cette puissance est due à l'utilisation d'une puce ES9038Q2M par canal.

Par contre, la qualité de fabrication de Matrix est magnifique, au-dessus d'Eversolo à mon avis, il suffit de voir comment ils prennent soin de leur télécommande. Et à l'usage, comme je l'ai d'ailleurs écrit plusieurs fois, la gestion de la veille est parfaite, je n'ai pas à allumer ou éteindre l'appareil tous les jours et mine de rien ça change tout en terme d'expérience ! J'ai quand même choisi de me séparer de ma matrice car l'eversolo sublime un peu plus mes enceintes. Sur tous les autres points, je préfère la matrice.

Regarding my experience between the matrix in its 3 pro version (to have wifi on 4, you need the pro version) and the eversolo, in the same configuration which I find very neutral, namely as an amp, the boxem purifi and for the speaker; the Illumine from Recital-Audio (French speakers with aluminum membranes that I'd love to see amir hear ...), the eversolo seems much more powerful. I'm not talking about sound signature because I don't hear any and that's exactly what I'm looking for through my system :). As I mentioned, maybe, be careful, I don't understand much about the technique, this power is due to the use of an ES9038Q2M chip per channel.

On the other hand, the manufacturing quality of Matrix is magnificent, above Eversolo in my opinion, just see how they take care of their remote control. And in use, as I have also written several times, standby management is perfect, I don't have to turn the device on or off every day and casually it changes everything in terms of experience! I still chose to separate myself from my matrix because the eversolo sublimates my speakers a little more. On all other points, I prefer matrix.
Thanks for the feedback, the Eversolo sounds powerful (I noticed, no need to turn the volume up, it also depends on the power of the output level or the design of the device (I don't I don't know). the less they found that vocal contours could be better (in my opinion strong point of the DMP) The Eversolo offers a bit more features and a more spacious screen and arguably superior channel separation given its two DACs. Committing to a comparison of the two is necessarily tricky.

Attachments

• Review Matrix mini I pro 3 Qobuz.pdf
    424.7 KB · Views: 43

Hoinar

Please tell me if it is possible to play youtube music on the A6? If so, what are the steps? Thank you
I solved it and it works very well. Install SmarTube on a Usb flash drive, then insert it into the usb port on Dmp- A6, turn on Dmp-A6, install it and it will work perfectly.

Hoinar

Thanks for the feedback, the Eversolo sounds powerful (I noticed, no need to turn the volume up, it also depends on the power of the output level or the design of the device (I don't I don't know). the less they found that vocal contours could be better (in my opinion strong point of the DMP) The Eversolo offers a bit more features and a more spacious screen and arguably superior channel separation given its two DACs. Committing to a comparison of the two is necessarily tricky.

Comparing Matrix mini-i3pro with eversolo A6 is JUST a joke. Matrix is far below Eversolo... in all aspects.

dscottj

@mirror88 : on a more serious note, there seems to be an issue with the DMP-A6's DLNA/uPnP implementation. I've been streaming gapless music successfully via my android phone to my Matrix Audio Element M for a little more than three years now using Bubblesoft's BubbleUpnp app. It worked flawlessly via streaming and from local storage. However, I am not able to do this with my new DMP. There are always gaps, sometimes significant ones. The regular apps (Qobuz in my case) do gapless fine, but they're not as easy to use. The behavior persisted after power-cycling all equipment My info:

Galaxy S23 phone
Android 13
DMP media player 1.1.80
BubbleUPnP 3.8.0.2
Loxjie D40 pro external DAC

Let me know if you have any questions, want me to test something, or need further info. Thanks!

Werther44210

Concernant mon expérience entre la matrix dans sa version 3 pro (pour avoir le wifi sur 4, il faut la version pro) et l'eversolo, dans la même configuration que je trouve très neutre, à savoir comme ampli, la boxem purifi et pour l'enceinte ; l' Illumine de Recital-Audio (haut-parleurs français à membranes en aluminium que j'aimerais bien voir amir entendre...), l'eversolo semble bien plus puissant. Je ne parle pas de signature sonore car je n'en entends aucune et c'est exactement ce que je recherche à travers mon système :). Comme je l'ai dit, peut-être, attention, je ne comprends pas grand chose à la technique, cette puissance est due à l'utilisation d'une puce ES9038Q2M par canal.

Par contre, la qualité de fabrication de Matrix est magnifique, au-dessus d'Eversolo à mon avis, il suffit de voir comment ils prennent soin de leur télécommande. Et à l'usage, comme je l'ai d'ailleurs écrit plusieurs fois, la gestion de la veille est parfaite, je n'ai pas à allumer ou éteindre l'appareil tous les jours et mine de rien ça change tout en terme d'expérience ! J'ai quand même choisi de me séparer de ma matrice car l'eversolo sublime un peu plus mes enceintes. Sur tous les autres points, je préfère la matrice.

Comparing Matrix mini-i3pro with eversolo A6 is JUST a joke. Matrix is far below Eversolo... in all aspects.
@Hoinar the top models of Matrix elements P or X in the Rose tariff look like nice competitive models. I agree with you, the DMP is superior to the first price of the mini, just on the usual criteria where we analyze the performance of a DAC (neutrality, transparency, dynamics, size and space of the soundstage) . I didn't know Matrix, I discover, in France, we don't see any.

era

@eversolo team, @mirror88:

While the last firmware addressed a number of issues, it has also brought with it I think to be a new one (as I don't recall this being an issue before).

Under Streaming > Qobuz > select an album or playlist, play the first song, and then hit arrow forward for the next song in the queue. It does not go the next song, instead it plays randomly. Repeat and it just randomly plays a song, not in the sequence in the album or playlist.

Same issue with Tidal if played through Streaming folder. As one would expect, no issue with the side loaded version of Qobuz under App.

Hope this could be looked into. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sound_freq

@Hoinar the top models of Matrix elements P or X in the Rose tariff look like nice competitive models. I agree with you, the DMP is superior to the first price of the mini, just on the usual criteria where we analyze the performance of a DAC (neutrality, transparency, dynamics, size and space of the soundstage) . I didn't know Matrix, I discover, in France, we don't see any.
Compared Matrix with Eversolo and others -

Werther44210

Compared Matrix with Eversolo and others -
@Hoinard, this video is very good, I agree with him, the Dac/player must be of a comparable level with the pre-amp or integrated amp, nevertheless, the type of sound he describes on the Matrix it reminds me of Rose that I have with a less efficient DAC a 9038K2M, the large model the RS 150 using the same pro DAC at Rose, it must look like. I like when he compares the Matrix on the Macintosh preamp and the latter's internal DAC, I'm in the same case, my Denon PMA 110 with internal DAC at 4000 euros cheaper than a Macintosh, I have the impression that the DMP's DAC is on certain criteria better in this or that aspect, that's when I realized that the Eversolo's double DAC is more than enough, strong point the clarity of the notes or voices, the very good feeling of the different musical layers... Afterwards, owners of Denon PMA 110 bought additional DACs at more than 3000 euros, I don't think it's essential, do they hear the difference, I'm not on ? Thank you for this video which I find interesting.
Denon PMA 110 is the big graphite box, 25 kilos....

Attachments

• PMA 110.jpeg
    PMA 110.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 71

PHD

Can someone please confirm if the HDMI out can output multichannel PCM which can be properly decoded by a Denon AVR when multichannel FLAC and DSD files are playing? Also, it says that Apple Music and Tidal are supported, if so, does it support Atmos music passthrough via the HDMI?

If all answers to the above are yes, then this could be the ultimate music streaming solution in a home theater setup.

Thanks

AudioScience Enthusiast

On the other hand, the manufacturing quality of Matrix is magnificent, above Eversolo in my opinion, just see how they take care of their remote control. And in use, as I have also written several times, standby management is perfect, I don't have to turn the device on or off every day and casually it changes everything in terms of experience!
Me too, the only thing stopping me from getting the A6 as my "end-game" streamer/DAC is the lack of standby management control.

@mirror88 is the standby feature possible to be implemented via firmware or do we have to wait for the next improved or more advanced Eversolo model?

I'm hoping it can be done via firmware so I will have no more hesitation to get the A6.

JRicoC

Can someone please confirm if the HDMI out can output multichannel PCM which can be properly decoded by a Denon AVR when multichannel FLAC and DSD files are playing? ...
I don't have a Denon AVR, but my Marantz and (two) Yamaha AVRs decode multichannel flac files properly ...

Top Bottom