• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Arcticpollen

Trying to put together where all of this came from...I received my DMP-A6 three days ago, hooked it up and it immediately popped up as a "Roon Certified Device"...So, why all of the hullabaloo???
Becuase there is currently no guarantee that it will continue to work with Roon. Eversolo seem to have seriously pissed off Danny, the CEO with their approach.

EDIT: - there's an update from Danny Dulai over in the Roon community forums at https://community.roonlabs.com/t/eversolo-dmp-a6/242842/101

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Storm in a tea cup, hopefully lessons learnt.
Keith

squirejim

multisport4me

I'm sure the folks at Eversolo will sort this out...Looks more like a p-ing match than anything else...
Pissing match? Danny is saying they neferiously spoofed the A6 to look like the Neo S to circumvent the certification process (or fake it till they make it). Either way, it seems Danny is being reasonable and if Eversolo are sincere in their apology and are pursuing certification ASAP, then all should end well. But this is not a pissing match - this is one party violated the terms of their agreement with Roon.

squirejim

Pissing match? Danny is saying they neferiously spoofed the A6 to look like the Neo S to circumvent the certification process (or fake it till they make it). Either way, it seems Danny is being reasonable and if Eversolo are sincere in their apology and are pursuing certification ASAP, then all should end well. But this is not a pissing match - this is one party violated the terms of their agreement with Roon.
Mine shows up as Eversolo DMP-A6, not Neo S…I’m sure this will be worked out.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
OK let’s let this play out in their efforts to correct this mistake/mixup. This is a review thread and while this information is of importance to many users. We don’t want to completely derail this conversation. People who are interested in how this works out can follow the progress at their respective websites Roon & EverSolo.

For now let’s move on from this issue please. Thank you for your support and understanding. ;)

nawfal07

Got TuneIn Premium to work, just in case anyone has any trouble using their existing accounts or subscribing on the DMP-A6.

1687824645344.png

Simply register a new account using email instead of Google/Apple ID on a different device, upgrade to Premium and login with that account in the DMP-A6. I've cancelled my original subscription via Apple, using email subscription you can login on any platform and plus I get a new 7-day free trial.

I've tried RadioDroid and Open Radio but they don't have the playback interface like above, and I still don't know how to use Radio Paradise, it doesn't seem to provide local radio stations which is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

77HIFI

Thank you very much for this review, Amir!!! Seems to be great value compared to my Volumio Primo Hifi. Since a remote is not provided I wonder, how responsive and reliable the OS and the App are.... This would be the reason for me to buy one (despite this really gorgeous display of course).

Any experience anyone?
I have this and the Z8. The app allows you to add a Eversolo device. It can control VU meters,filters,volume etc. Using the app on a Pixel 7 Pro. Unbelivable sound!

Werther44210

I found it and installed it. I believe its literally an Android phone app. Honestly, a bit cumbersome to install as you can't do it from the Eversolo app - I had to do it from the A6 screen. Once installed I set the Apple Music settings to lossless, etc. and yet....I still have not gotten anything more than 44.1khz out of it! So consider the Apple Music support a work in progress.

I have Tidal and Qobuzz - hence the random MQA song when I took that pic. I've been slowly going through library replacing MQA versions with FLAC hi-res when I can. Supposedly Tidal is dumping MQA so I am hoping they allow for auto-magic replacement of MQA stuff at some point. The 192khz was probably just upsampling from Roon. The A6 really works well with the upsamling as I was easily able to send it DSD512, hi-res PCM, etc. if you're into the Roon DSP upsampling stuff.

I will log into Qobuz tomorrow. I did play some songs natively as I was able to add my Roon music storage to the A6 library. Personally, I don't hear any difference from the Roon player and while it looks nice, I plan on just sticking with Roon since the two play so nicely together.
Hello @multisport4me, your experience with the DMP A6 with your Marantz AV10, I have a slightly worse HC receiver amp than yours, a Denon 8500ha with NuPrime power amp. My question about the HDMI connection, what quality cable did you use, I read your comments, oversampling seems to work well from EverSolo or Roon. I have Roon too. I hesitate to connect the EverSolo to the Denon either in HDMI, or in optical or coaxial digital type. Your feedback interests me. I use Qobuz as a music service.

jammer76

I'm still thinking to change my SMSL (ICEPower 2x80w 8Ω) with a direct coupled amplifier to DMP-A6 (through XLR): my preference is to go straight to NCx500 finals (perhaps Apollon)
Any cons to approach this way? what do you suggest to use?

nawfal07

A tip for those wanting to sideload an app, you can do it directly from your computer.

1. Type [IP_address]:18888 in your internet browser
2. Select your APK file
3. Wait a few seconds

Check your DMP-A6 you should see your app already installed.

multisport4me

Hello @multisport4me, your experience with the DMP A6 with your Marantz AV10, I have a slightly worse HC receiver amp than yours, a Denon 8500ha with NuPrime power amp. My question about the HDMI connection, what quality cable did you use, I read your comments, oversampling seems to work well from EverSolo or Roon. I have Roon too. I hesitate to connect the EverSolo to the Denon either in HDMI, or in optical or coaxial digital type. Your feedback interests me. I use Qobuz as a music service.
I use certified 4K HDMI cables for all my connections so that is all I had to hook up the HDMI output of the A6.

Oversampling can be done a couple of ways:

1. The A6 itself has basic upsampling to 24/192. I tried it will the internal player and it did upsample to 192. I can't say that there was any difference though.
2. You can use Roon's DSP to upsample a few different ways. If using the A6 as a DAC, you can send PCM 32/384 or DSD512 to the A6. If using HDMI output of the A6, you can upsample PCM up to 192 and DSD64.

Not sure why you're hesitant to connect HDMI to your Denon? I mean, you could use Coax SPDIF but the Denon does not support DoP so you'd lose out on DSD upsampling (if you care about that).

Werther44210

J'utilise des câbles HDMI 4K certifiés pour toutes mes connexions, c'est donc tout ce que j'avais pour brancher la sortie HDMI de l'A6.

Le suréchantillonnage peut être effectué de plusieurs manières :

1. L'A6 lui-même a un suréchantillonnage de base à 24/192. Je l'ai essayé avec le lecteur interne et il a suréchantillonné à 192. Je ne peux pas dire qu'il y ait eu une différence cependant.
2. Vous pouvez utiliser le DSP de Roon pour suréchantillonner de différentes manières. Si vous utilisez l'A6 comme DAC, vous pouvez envoyer PCM 32/384 ou DSD512 à l'A6. Si vous utilisez la sortie HDMI de l'A6, vous pouvez suréchantillonner PCM jusqu'à 192 et DSD64.

Vous ne savez pas pourquoi vous hésitez à connecter HDMI à votre Denon ? Je veux dire, vous pouvez utiliser Coax SPDIF mais le Denon ne prend pas en charge le DoP, vous perdriez donc le suréchantillonnage DSD (si vous vous souciez de cela).

I use certified 4K HDMI cables for all my connections so that is all I had to hook up the HDMI output of the A6.

Oversampling can be done a couple of ways:

1. The A6 itself has basic upsampling to 24/192. I tried it will the internal player and it did upsample to 192. I can't say that there was any difference though.
2. You can use Roon's DSP to upsample a few different ways. If using the A6 as a DAC, you can send PCM 32/384 or DSD512 to the A6. If using HDMI output of the A6, you can upsample PCM up to 192 and DSD64.

Not sure why you're hesitant to connect HDMI to your Denon? I mean, you could use Coax SPDIF but the Denon does not support DoP so you'd lose out on DSD upsampling (if you care about that).
Thank you for the answer, I will try the HDMI connection with the DMP A6, this opens up a lot of possibilities for an HC amp and will allow me to use the SPDIF sockets with my second Denon PMA 110 Hi-Fi amp which has this type connection. I am very interested in receiving this DMP A6 which looks really complete with excellent sound (lots of positive feedback), I own a Rose RS 250 at the moment, considering the price of the EverSolo, I just order one, a little delay here in France. I will report back on the comparative listening between the two streamers.

CJW

Anyone order an A6 in mid May and not receive theirs yet? I am still waiting and placed an order on May 18th.

jammer76

I ordered one on May 9th, still waiting.
my order was delayed already twice for DMP-A6 (total 30days) and (i was in first person ordered) BRT-12 remote already delayed by 15days more than already 15days present delay

Bernd

Forum Donor
A tip for those wanting to sideload an app, you can do it directly from your computer.

1. Type [IP_address]:18888 in your internet browser
2. Select your APK file
3. Wait a few seconds

Check your DMP-A6 you should see your app already installed.
Hi, this is really interesting! So, if I understand this correctly I could side load 'wavelet' to be able to load EQ curves into the Android system. My next question would be how to menu how do manipulate the app? I suppose it would have to done via the touchscreen because I'd be very much surprised if these side loaded apps can be controlled via Eversolo Android App.

Ithaka

Hi, this is really interesting! So, if I understand this correctly I could side load 'wavelet' to be able to load EQ curves into the Android system. My next question would be how to menu how do manipulate the app? I suppose it would have to done via the touchscreen because I'd be very much surprised if these side loaded apps can be controlled via Eversolo Android App.
The Android app has a "cast" mode which is a clone of the touchscreen so you are able to control it exactly as you would by using the touchscreen directly. As an example, to play multiroom, I use the sideloaded Sonos app to control my Sonos port which plays via coax out into the Everosolo DAC. It works and sounds great. All a bit mind bending.

Bernd

Forum Donor
Wow, great. Really a bit mind bending. Thank you so much for your reply.

Top Bottom