• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

madrac

It's just really literally yesterday, that's Zidoo's own Amazon store I'm sure it will be available with all authorised dealers i.e. Futeko, Audiophonics, etc in a few days.

PS: It's back in stock on Amazon.
still shows unavailable at Amazon for me

Gary4321

I would like to better understand the info displayed while streaming.

Why does it always show PCM 192kHz when a track like this is 16bit /44kHz

Attachments

• IMG_6698.png
    IMG_6698.png
    904.6 KB · Views: 88

nawfal07

still shows unavailable at Amazon for me

That's strange, I can add 2 units and proceed to checkout. Perhaps it doesn't ship to your location?

I would like to better understand the info displayed while streaming.

Why does it always show PCM 192kHz when a track like this is 16bit /44kHz

Check in audio settings if you have the sampling set at 192 kHz, this will upsample all tracks to 192 kHz. Try to change it to original sampling.

Gary4321

That's strange, I can add 2 units and proceed to checkout. Perhaps it doesn't ship to your location?

Check in audio settings if you have the sampling set at 192 kHz, this will upsample all tracks to 192 kHz. Try to change it to original sampling.
Is it better to listen to Tidal at at original?

nawfal07

Is it better to listen to Tidal at at original?

That will be up to you. It's an ongoing debate so the best thing to say is that If you can hear improvement when upsampled then why not.

For me I'll always set it at the original sampling, changing it just adding something that aren't there, like the display frame interpolation on your TV that causes the soap opera effect.

Werther44210

I just realised that I didn't add a signature here, you can check it for my equipment. I've been in home theatre for almost 20 years with many different receivers and speakers, etc but I've always been modest in my spending.

However, I've only started looking into hi-fi stereo since last two years, starting with the cheapest amplifier I can find, the Aiyima A07 with a Topping D90SE but it never really gotten serious, until I heard about EverSolo.

That's actually a pretty good idea, nothing's wrong in showing some love to your equipment. The size is more or less like a smartphone, perhaps we can look into those.
@nawfal07, I like listening in Home Cinema configuration with a Denon 8500, as with a Hi-Fi amplifier in stereo, the EverSolo is a very good quality Hi-Fi network player and its ability to produce 5.1 sound is exceptional for its price. I found your video to be a natural, warm reproduction of very enjoyable music.

jammer76

It's just really literally yesterday, that's Zidoo's own Amazon store I'm sure it will be available with all authorised dealers i.e. Futeko, Audiophonics, etc in a few days.

PS: It's back in stock on Amazon.
Hi, i see it only on amazon.com (US store) -> $12 + (delivery $17)

amazon.co.uk (nothing)
amazon.de (nothing)
amazon.fr (nothing)
amazon.es (nothing)
amazon.it (nothing)

perhaps some problem on store?
why a simple remote (that usually it's shipped with any kind and price of equipment) will be so hard to find and buy?

Sorry for that but in my case delivery was postponed 2 times at moment and also this....

Monosauras

amazon.co.uk (nothing)
amazon.de (nothing)
amazon.fr (nothing)
amazon.es (nothing)
amazon.it (nothing)

why a simple remote (that usually it's shipped with any kind and price of equipment) will be so hard to find and buy?

Sorry for that but in my case delivery was postponed 2 times at moment and also this....
It was only added to the Amazon store in the past few days. Hopefully will be on other storefronts soon.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That will be up to you. It's an ongoing debate so the best thing to say is that If you can hear improvement when upsampled then why not.

For me I'll always set it at the original sampling, changing it just adding something that aren't there, like the display frame interpolation on your TV that causes the soap opera effect.
Upsampling in this case makes not the slightest difference, you are not adding anything.
Keith

kopczas

As a new Dmp a6 user, I've installed M2 drive inside, copied all my collection into drive: around 500gb in 10000 files.
Issue is that:
When I go into
App>music player>Folder

I'm not able to scroll all folders. List goes from A to G. What should I do to scroll all folders from A to Z?

All folders are visible then scrolling devices screen. And in cast Mode.

Have anyone noticed this problem?

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
As a new Dmp a6 user, I've installed M2 drive inside, copied all my collection into drive: around 500gb in 10000 files.
Issue is that:
When I go into
App>music player>Folder

I'm not able to scroll all folders. List goes from A to G. What should I do to scroll all folders from A to Z?

Try upgrade the Control APP to v1.10.66 on Google play

jammer76

Issue is that:
When I go into
App>music player>Folder

in case of not working on upgrade you can try contact their support:

nawfal07

@nawfal07, I like listening in Home Cinema configuration with a Denon 8500, as with a Hi-Fi amplifier in stereo, the EverSolo is a very good quality Hi-Fi network player and its ability to produce 5.1 sound is exceptional for its price. I found your video to be a natural, warm reproduction of very enjoyable music.

Me too, just that I don’t have multi-channel tracks (yet), or if you mean upmixing with Neural:X or Auro 3D then I don’t prefer that as much. Dolby Atmos tracks from Apple Music is actually very nice, it’s a whole new experience if I want to enjoy that I use the Apple TV 4K. As for DAC I found that using my Topping D90SE has no real difference so I just use A6’s direct to amplifier.

Thank you for your kind words about my video, appreciate it. :)

amazon.co.uk (nothing)
amazon.de (nothing)
amazon.fr (nothing)
amazon.es (nothing)
amazon.it (nothing)

As I said it’s still new just released yesterday, right now only on Amazon US through EverSolo’s own store. Wait a few days, other retailers are just waiting for the stocks to arrive from China.

dakchi

Just for my understanding: why do you the remote? you already have the remote of your amp, so why adding another one?

nawfal07

Just for my understanding: why do you the remote? you already have the remote of your amp, so why adding another one?

No, you don’t need one, the only useful thing if I have is that it can help you turn the unit on and off (the A6 lready has an IR receiver).

There was a many people asking for the remote, Zidoo is just entertaining their request.

dakchi

Ok, in that case, I think that I don't need a remote. I have enough remotes like this. If I have to play with the volume, I will use the remote of my amp. The only useful use of A6 remote would be to power on/off but even that I'm happy to do it manually. It's not important

Top Bottom