• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

PeteL

Major Contributor
Love the facilities on this device. And yes a remote would have been an excellent addition.
It could have been nice to have one sure, but then again. It's a music player, you need to be able to browse trough librairies, music services, skip play pause, etc, it is a given in a day to day use, your remote control has to have a graphical interface to use this as it is intended to be. If you don't need any of that, well, buy a DAC it's much cheaper. So it is assumed that you'll need something with a screen, why then not have all control at the same place, on your Phone or tablet. Personally I already have too many remotes, It is nice to consolidate a bit, a remote on your streamer is just an extra one and it will only give you access to a tiny bit of functionalities so you'll need a second remote for it in the form of your phone. One for input switching and maybe volume, and one for everything else. Personally, I would never use this remote and I would loose it in the cracks of the couch or in a box somewhere since the app already does all that.

Like, My minidsp 2X4 HD came with a cheap remote. I don't know where it is currently, no idea, because it doesn't control what the mini DSP main purpose is. Plus it's the exact same (bad) as my E30 remote. It's just confusing to have it around. If it's going to be half baked and cheap, may as well skip it. A remote for this would need to be a touch panel and you'd never have the screen quality and responsiveness of current phones anyway.

Last edited:

Petevid

Because fake representations on an LCD screen of a 3 dimensional analogue moving coil meter, especially one as badly done as the picture you showed, just look beyond cheap and tacky. Not one of these skeuomorph meters on modern gear I've seen is remotely useful. The ballistics are all over the place and the inconsistent latency is so bad as to make them useless. What is the actual response of the onboard meter in terms of overshoot, undershoot, accuracy and frequency/transient response? Hopefully 0dB is 0dBFS or is it? If so, what is the point of any markings above 0dB? Decent meters with peak response drivers will easily do 50-20kHz with quite good accuracy and respond to <0.5mS impulses and give sensible numbers.

But I get it, quality large movement analogue moving coil meters are not made much anymore and what are made, have become very expensive. However, I wouldn't be seen dead with those 'meters' on display on my gear. :)

A real power output meter on a vintage Denon POA-8000 monoblock (internet pic)

View attachment 282258

Notice how the markings line up with the angle of the needle at all points? Notice the sensible markings intervals?
It would be interesting to look at the other 5 or so VU meter designs available to see what they look like.

Oldasdrt

Without looking it up, I'm sure this is Chi Fi,
I'm wondering what is the long-term reliability factor here

Macchiato

Hi all, I am a new member and new to Hifi so go easy :) I would appreciate advice/comment on the following:
I have a very simple system which I am pleased with: Technics SL-J2 TT, Technics SL-PG590 CD Player, Wiim Mini streamer, Chord Mojo 2, Rega IO amplifier & Elac Debut 2.0 b6.2 speakers.
What I would like is a means of storing (ripping) my large collection of CDs onto a storage device accessible on my wifi. The key is simplicity given my very little knowledge/experience in digital file transfer/storage etc.
I have thought about: Innuous Zenmini mk2, Bluesound Vault 2i and of course this Eversolo product. To me it seems that this Eversolo product with the addition of 2TB SDD and an external optical drive would match the price of the Bluesound Vault 2i but with an SSD drive as opposed the Vault's HDD drive (inaccessible) and the very attractive touchscreen. The Innuous seems expensive in comparison but my lack of Hifi knowledge is perhaps missing very valid reasons.

Is this a cheaper option for CD ripping onto an SSD hard drive that can then be connected to my router then accessible from the Wiim min?...https://www.futeko.com/products/PC102.php + an external optical drive + suitable CD ripping software for Apple MacBook Air (I take it the software would get all album art and data then organise my collection?) Okay there is no touch screen but given the lower cost I could easily live without the screen (maybe :))

Maybe there are other options etc out there hence the post.
Oh almost forgot does the Eversolo have 2-way bluetooth? The Wiim mini does.

Last edited:

Moderate Dionysianism

I'm sure this is Chi Fi,

Ein

Excellent product this market and really disconcerting!!!
On the other hand, I do not really understand what proposed the version "Master Edition" to sell it 500 euros more ?? or at least that it is justified ?

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/streamers/eversolo-dmp-a6-master-edition-streamer-2xes9038q2m-wifi-dlna-airplay-2-roon-bluetooth-50-aptx-hd-32bit-768khz-dsd512-mqa-p-17647.html?search_query=EVERSOLO MASTER EDITION&fast_search=fs
Clock System
2 ACCUSILICON FEMTOSECOND oscillators with noise reduction and improved jitter
OPA1612 with ultra-low noise and low distortion 1KHz 0.000015%

So FEMTO clocks and better, selected OP-AMPs. 500 euros? Meh...

Ein

Hi all, I am a new member and new to Hifi so go easy :) I would appreciate advice/comment on the following:
I have a very simple system which I am pleased with: Technics SL-J2 TT, Technics SL-PG590 CD Player, Wiim Mini streamer, Chord Mojo 2, Rega IO amplifier & Elac Debut 2.0 b6.2 speakers.
What I would like is a means of storing (ripping) my large collection of CDs onto a storage device accessible on my wifi. The key is simplicity given my very little knowledge/experience in digital file transfer/storage etc.
I have thought about: Innuous Zenmini mk2, Bluesound Vault 2i and of course this Eversolo product. To me it seems that this Eversolo product with the addition of 2TB SDD and an external optical drive would match the price of the Bluesound Vault 2i but with an SSD drive as opposed the Vault's HDD drive (inaccessible) and the very attractive touchscreen. The Innuous seems expensive in comparison but my lack of Hifi knowledge is perhaps missing very valid reasons.

Is this a cheaper option for CD ripping onto an SSD hard drive that can then be connected to my router then accessible from the Wiim min?...https://www.futeko.com/products/PC102.php + an external optical drive + suitable CD ripping software for Apple MacBook Air (I take it the software would get all album art and data then organise my collection?) Okay there is no touch screen but given the lower cost I could easily live without the screen (maybe :))

Maybe there are other options etc out there hence the post.
Oh almost forgot does the Eversolo have 2-way bluetooth? The Wiim mini does.
Oh almost forgot does the Eversolo have 2-way bluetooth? Nope. I tested Z8, now testing Z6 - one way

PeteL

Major Contributor
Clock System
2 ACCUSILICON FEMTOSECOND oscillators with noise reduction and improved jitter
OPA1612 with ultra-low noise and low distortion 1KHz 0.000015%

So FEMTO clocks and better, selected OP-AMPs. 500 euros? Meh...
Well, at least theoretically this can have measurable benefits if implemented well, Isn't this what this community is about? Measured performance? Now once in the past I was also in the market for a cost no object clocking solution and those types of crystals go for 30$+ each in low volume, there is 2 those, OpAmps are about 10$ each, I am not sure how many there is. Think law of diminishing return, it will always be true, not because manufacturers want to fool you, because as price become discriminant, volumes go way down and fixed cost go way up. In product manufacturing, retailing something for 6X the Bill of Material, is about as low as you can go to turn a profit after all accounted, that's even on the low side with tight margins, anything lower you are selling at loss, except maybe if you are selling direct, make no marketing, DIY where you consider your time a hobby, some exceptions like that.

Ein

HDMI out but not in seems very odd. What is the use case for having the HDMI output? Input seems like it would be more useful by far, but maybe I’m just missing something.
No odd for audio and only audio purposes. If you have mch tracks, you can play with mch amplituner and that's good. Today some sources (music) offer SACD/DVD-A/BD-A file version on web. You play this via EverSolo and AV ampli. Many modern AVs have lots streaming services integrated but not Roon ready (RAAT), not high-quality services and so...

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hopefully now you see why I prefer the pull model. It is a much more stable strategy with tons more capability. If I were up to me, I would make all streamers push mode and put the services at the other end on a more capable computer or tablet.
I believe Amir means he prefers the “push” model…

PeteL

Major Contributor
Isn`t it easier to connect external drive into MacBook usb port? Why would you need another device?
I would think that the primary purpose of a Macbook is not to be permanently connected to your DAC and sound systems, that's why people have streamers, to not have to be physically connected with the very limited max lenght of a USB cable that you have to plug and unplug if you need your computer elsewhere.

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It could have been nice to have one sure, but then again. It's a music player, you need to be able to browse trough librairies, music services, skip play pause, etc, it is a given in a day to day use, your remote control has to have a graphical interface to use this as it is intended to be.
Agreed... But, for the same reasons they kept a volume control knob on the face plate, a basic remote with essential functions (e.g. volume, mute, play/pause, switch source) is still a good idea. The bad ideas are trying to control everything from a remote or having the GUI as the only control mechanism.

kopczas

I would think that the primary purpose of a Macbook is not to be permanently connected to your DAC and sound systems,
Question was about ripping CDs. Procedure is simple:
1. buy CD,
2. turn on Mac,
3. connect external DVD via usb to Mac
4. put CD into drive
5. run EAC
6. after it`s finished, disconnect external drive from Mac
7. copy files into NAS, internal ssd of streamer or whatever
8. play music.

it doesn`t need to be connected all the time.

Last edited:

PeteL

Major Contributor
Question was about ripping CDs. Procedure is simple:
1. buy CD,
2. turn on Mac,
3. connect external DVD via usb to Mac
4. put CD into drive
5. run EAC
6. after it`s finished, disconnect external drive from Mac
7. copy files into NAS, internal ssd of streamer or whatever
8. play music.

it doesn`t neet to be connected all the time.
Ok, but why not do it directly to a NAS, Why USB? The disconnect, the recopying the files, how is it more simple?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I explained why you need to know the difference. You have to decide whose hands you put your future in. I put mine in Roon being around and continue to get new functionality. This means push streaming. There, you get incredible features such as EQ, DSP, etc. which is all implemented in Roon without the need to saddle the streamer with that functionality.

In contrast, if you use pull streaming then the streamer is where your future lies. Should the company go out of business and any of the services change their protocol, you are indeed out of luck.

Hopefully now you see why I prefer the pull model. It is a much more stable strategy with tons more capability. If I were up to me, I would make all streamers push mode and put the services at the other end on a more capable computer or tablet.
So the streamer and the source (PC, phone) have to be on the same wifi or ethernet network for this to work?

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Isn’t it obvious why bother to rip when they are readily available to stream.
Keith

Better masters ? Different versions of tracks? Exclusive bonus tracks? Stuff that isn't even available on Streaming services at all?

This is really something on ASR that is a bit concerning. Sinad numbers are important .
Everything needs to be absolutely perfect without distortion etc.. but lots of people don't seem to care about the music.. might as well just listen to whatever is on YouTube or Spotify right?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Better masters ? Different versions of tracks? Exclusive bonus tracks? Stuff that isn't even available on Streaming services at all?

This is really something on ASR that is a bit concerning. Sinad numbers are important .
Everything needs to be absolutely perfect without distortion etc.. but lots of people don't seem to care about the music.. might as well just listen to whatever is on YouTube or Spotify right?
I believe the masters I hear when listening to Qobuz are equal to or superior to the old CD copies I have in my library. I consider Qobuz an increase in fidelity over my old rips (in most cases).

Top Bottom