• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 147 27.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 363 66.9%

• Total voters
Hi Keith, have you listened to the A8 DAC, what does it sound like compared to the A6, more detail, more air, more depth or width, I'm interested in your objective opinion between the two.
I am beginning to suspect it would just be easier to say yes all of those things and more.
Keith

Werther the A-8 is really much much better I just have to say it’s the same because it’s ASR.
Keith

Hi Keith, have you listened to the A8 DAC, what does it sound like compared to the A6, more detail, more air, more depth or width, I'm interested in your objective opinion between the two.

I have compared the A6 DAC XLR output to a Topping E50 and a Benchmark DAC3. All feeding my Luxman 509x driving Harbeth M30.2xd speakers via XLR. I level matched them playing a few tracks I know well, level matched using white noise.

They all sound the same. FWIW. Which means, they sound really great. No difference in detail, "air", or soundstage depth or width.

A cable that costs as much as an A-8?
Sorry my poor comprehension you mean sell both the cable and A-6.
Would any of the extra features of the A-8 be useful to you?
Keith

No, it's the middle of their top-of-the-range Clear Cygnus (€1,000 to €1,200 depending on length).... That's a lot !!!
Features not so much apart from additional DSP, the question of DAC yes, so I hesitate because I will not use it as a preamp.

That is a lot!
I believe the A-6 will get DSP, the preamp has not lifted skirts and the 10dB gain isn’t enough for my Technics TT but I might be doing something stupid so disregard.
Keith

I'll wait a bit, I2S not interesting from what you say, so A6 in connections has enough for me. The AKM DAC is interesting, but not essential. Having sold the Rose and other stuff, I might be able to afford it. I'm not going to rush into anything, but the A8 is a nice piece of equipment.

I'd go HDMI to the Cinema 50 (for multichannel purposes) but keep all 2ch music to the NAD. I do not know what DAC the Cinema 50 uses (nowhere to be found...), and for this I doubt it being better than the A6's.
In my case, streaming form a PC in other room (Ethernet over POF -Plastic Optic Fiber) and then...
  • HDMI to Denon AVC-X3700H for multichannel DSD
  • Analogue (XLR) to Yamaha A-S220 for stereo
And nice!

Thanks to Deckard and olther folks for his help with SMB. I can confirm that it works with SMB over 1.0 (I've disabled and it's OK). I had a problem of losing libraries in every session (and needed to rescan...over 42000 files!!) but I changed Ethernet from a switch to the router difrectly and I think that the problem's solved (mayby a problem of traffic management because it's an unmanaged switch, I'll try other in a brief).

Edit: I've just read other post and my setup is quite similar....for MCH I use the Denon but connected to the Yamaha (preamp/main in) for front speakers (using Audissey correction in Flat) and for stereo, only the Yamaha, no EQ.

I asked a question recently but some of the replies have confused me. I can be easily confused at times. :)

HDMI and spdif out to Cinema 50 enables the A6 DAC correct? While XLR and RCA output enables the Cinema 50 DAC. Is this correct? Thank you.

I asked a question recently but some of the replies have confused me. I can be easily confused at times. :)

HDMI and spdif out to Cinema 50 enables the A6 DAC correct? While XLR and RCA output enables the Cinema 50 DAC. Is this correct? Thank you.
SPDIF and HDMI out of A6 enable no DAC on the A6 for sure.
XLR and RCA out of the A6 engage for sure the A6's DAC, not sure whether the Cinema 50 has an ADC / DAC circuitry though; in that case the signal would be digitized, processed and converted back to analog on the Cinema 50 too.

If you use HDMI or SPDIF, the A6 works just as a streamer of the digital data, bypassing its DAC, and thus using the DAC of the AVR. On the contrary, if you select analogue output (XLR/RCA), the signal must be previously converted from digital to analogue, i.e. using the A6 DAC.

I bought one from a member here-working great but have a question. When I try to input the optical from my LG OLED tv>optical input of the A6 I can't seem to get the signal out of the RCA jacks. Is it not possible to use the A6 in this way?

I bought one from a member here-working great but have a question. When I try to input the optical from my LG OLED tv>optical input of the A6 I can't seem to get the signal out of the RCA jacks. Is it not possible to use the A6 in this way?
It should assuming you have it set to optical source and rca out. And tv is outputting optical.

It should assuming you have it set to optical source and rca out. And tv is outputting optical.
Yes to all the above. I wonder if the TV's optical out is somehow inoperable...I tried running an optical cable from the TV to the D90SE and nothing. I may be my poor TV-must now buy the new OLED, right?:D

Hi, ce que j'aimerais avoir sur le DMP-a6 serait d'avoir une application native comme "Google podcast" ou "Podcast Addict". Peut-être pour une future mise à jour?

Back
Top Bottom