• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 349 66.5%

• Total voters

hearone

Forum Donor
I am always amazed by these reviewers that can hear the difference from one bit perfect streams vs another bit perfect stream fed into the same DAC. Just amazing...

jammer76

Does anyone know if the A6 supports PS5 or XBOX via USB-C input? Trying to figure out a way to route audio to it from my gaming console.
Due to possible missing driver for dmp DAC on both PS5 and Xbox I think that better way could be to use optical or toslink (need to be verified). If necessary exists some hdmi audio extractor that could be useful in this cases.

jammer76

I am always amazed by these reviewers that can hear the difference from one bit perfect streams vs another bit perfect stream fed into the same DAC. Just amazing...
Differences are non only in the way digital is converted but also in pre-amp (opAmps) stage quality but also into player implementation. For example dmp uses an its own engine....
In the end, if activated, this makes device not bit perfect anymore but, trust me, make it a spin to understand how good it is....

Pawel

Is anybody know is XLR output separated from Cinch? I want to connect REL T5x subwoofer (mono input) with Y cable to Eversolo's cinch outputs. XLR are using to feed active speakers. Is possible to short (L+R) cinch?

Werther44210

I'm glad finally somebody is calling this out; I've been bottling up my annoyance for a while now.
My apologies for the thread in question, I must have been influenced by years of reading other content which addresses the issue of the quality of Hi Fi components rather on subjective and personal considerations, I did not want to offend some members . I asked this morning that this message be removed. Well noted, I did not repeat and know that I appreciate the comments of each other which are often enriching for a non-technician in the field, but simply a fan of high fidelity and music.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
My apologies for the thread in question, I must have been influenced by years of reading other content which addresses the issue of the quality of Hi Fi components rather on subjective and personal considerations, I did not want to offend some members

No apologies needed. We have some who tend to jump on new members who haven't had the chance to process all this 'new' information.

You've not been pushing some 'my ears are golden' line of thought, but have simply been trying to join the conversation.

If anyone was offended, that is their problem, not yours.

dscottj

Are you initiating playback using Cast within the native control app?
Yes. I use the native app because it's the only way I get gapless streaming. My tried-and-true streaming app is Bubble UPnP. It's quite a bit less clicky than the native but until they fix their DLNA implementation the native app is all I got.

pma560

I have had to force myself to avoid this thread but its like a train wreck, you have to look
The subjective stupidity is rampant

I think it's a general problem with threads that become large: many parallel discussions are going on at the same time.

Now you have to page through 112+ pages of 20 posts to find some nuggets of useful info here and there.

I suggest the Eversolo gets its own forum section :p

Werther44210

I think it's a general problem with threads that become large: many parallel discussions are going on at the same time.

Now you have to page through 112+ pages of 20 posts to find some nuggets of useful info here and there.

I suggest the Eversolo gets its own forum section :p
Eversolo has its own forum section on the DMP A6, I sometimes leave comments there, it is possible to create a discussion thread on a particular subject. I understand your position on the abundance of comments which sometimes can be repetitive from new users, having said that given the success of the Eversolo for sale it could have created a lot of discussion pages. Nothing serious, I integrated the question of the contents when one deposits something on the site.

yllanos

Does anyone know if the A6 supports PS5 or XBOX via USB-C input? Trying to figure out a way to route audio to it from my gaming console.
I don't think that will work. Sony only allows a few selected external DACs

Due to possible missing driver for dmp DAC on both PS5 and Xbox I think that better way could be to use optical or toslink (need to be verified). If necessary exists some hdmi audio extractor that could be useful in this cases.

PS5 has no TOSLINK out

martin900

Just turn the volume knob brightness to 0 in settings.

As far as the screen...no offense, but I think perhaps you bought the wrong streamer.
Please show me a different streamer with the featureset of the A6 that has no screen and doesn't cost more than 25-30% of the A6, will trade it on a dime. There are none, and no - not bluesound or an RPi tinkerboard. ;) I know it's a niche thing so probably no one makes them like this, especially considering it's also a preamp so you can't see the volume without the screen.
I have brightness of both turned down to 0% already.

Anyone succeded in making the SMB on the A6 available from outside network? What port does it use, 445 right?
I've already forwarded 139 and 445 for the A6's IP address.

Last edited:

martin900

Hi Keith,
The WiiM doesn't have own storage. I use the A6 50/50 with local files (2.2TB) and both Qobuz and Tidal.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Well i can tell you how to disconnect the screen if you really want.
Keith

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Why should one do so? Is it about the ' display high frequency injection to the audio signal' thing?
Measurements don't give any hint about an issue in this.

martin900

No, it's not that. the A6 is in the living room and people complain about the screen going on and off when I'm upstairs sorting out my music library and using the Eversolo app on an Android emulator on the PC to check if the album covers and metadata is correct.
The screen is set to 'off' but yet it goes on.

Ranton

Anyone succeded in making the SMB on the A6 available from outside network? What port does it use, 445 right?
I've already forwarded 139 and 445 for the A6's IP address.
Really bad idea, from a security perspective. The A6 does not do even rudimentary password authentication, so basically anyone hitting that port from the internet has instant access to your device! At a minimum, they could easily erase your share to screw with you, or do far worse. Moreover, some ISPs block those ports precisely because of the security risks.

A much better approach is to set up a VPN server on your network. My current favorite is Wireguard--it's fast and lightweight. You can set up a server on even a Raspberry Pi or using a Docker container if you run a decent NAS or server. This would give you secure access to all of your network resources.

martin900

I know it's not the greatest of ideas, just wanted to share some files overnight with someone, the A6 can have password protected share (it's a toggle, I've already changed the password from the default one) and it can also toggle to read only mode. The trick is that I want to share files from the M.2 SSD in the A6.

Ranton

I see. Well, in that case, you can open the ports temporarily to allow your friend to grab the files. Not ideal, but you can minimize the exposure. I just wouldn't leave it open for very long. :)

Top Bottom