• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

ELAC UBR62 Speaker Review

NightFlight

No you can't. But I also don't put a terrible amount of stock in A/B instant switching. In some cases (like cables), I've found that you have to listen to them and get comfortable - say over a few days or weeks and then swap them out. The difference can be jarring. Your brain will adjust shortly and loose memory of the abrupt change and forget it.

*shrug* some people say that amplifiers don't make a difference. I think those types are f'in deaf.

wric01

Get with the times, single crystal and cryo wires and tellurium / copper connectors all make immediate difference, yes 99.9% of your plated f-ing brass connectors sound like Schitt in comparison. As for all your charts and measurements, none what so ever do any use kid's undamaged ears used to measure / compare (yes i had my kids to confirm what i'm hearing). Respect youthful ears, hell even a simple choice of plugging the speaker cable to tweeter binding post instead of bass driver posts get a immediate difference in clarity. Obviously i can't blame old ppl / can't hear difference with 30+ years of hearing damage that comes with this hobby. I got 40+ years more to enjoy life thus splurge a few coffee cup investment into wires/connectors for 40 years of better enjoyment is a bargain. We are all scientific yet the fools don't even respect the gran daddy bible of International Annealed Copper Standard (IACS) standard established in 1914.

pkane

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Get with the times, single crystal and cryo wires and tellurium / copper connectors all make immediate difference, yes 99.9% of your plated f-ing brass connectors sound like Schitt in comparison. As for all your charts and measurements, none what so ever do any use kid's undamaged ears used to measure / compare (yes i had my kids to confirm what i'm hearing). Respect youthful ears, hell even a simple choice of plugging the speaker cable to tweeter binding post instead of bass driver posts get a immediate difference in clarity. Obviously i can't blame old ppl / can't hear difference with 30+ years of hearing damage that comes with this hobby. I got 40+ years more to enjoy life thus splurge a few coffee cup investment into wires/connectors for 40 years of better enjoyment is a bargain. We are all scientific yet the fools don't even respect the gran daddy bible of International Annealed Copper Standard (IACS) standard established in 1914.

If you don't invest in some cables from First Run Copper, you're going to waste the 40+ years you have left, believe me! You've simply got to try these:

http://firstruncopper.com/

Have your kids listen to them and tell you what a huge difference these make.

Streamc

What the problem with UBR62? I already have R3. Maybe that? Or problem name is called LS50 Meta?

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you don't invest in some cables from First Run Copper, you're going to waste the 40+ years you have left, believe me! You've simply got to try these:

http://firstruncopper.com/

Have your kids listen to them and tell you what a huge difference these make.
Measurements showing their impact on noise and distortion? Surely you can show the analyzer output from an reference amplifier showing the difference as Amir does in his measurements.

pkane

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Measurements showing their impact on noise and distortion? Surely you can show the analyzer output from an reference amplifier showing the difference as Amir does in his measurements.
Are you kidding? Who needs measurements with cables like these? You know, virgin copper is the best for sound quality. This has been reviewed on YouTube, just ask @SimpleTheater .

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you kidding? Who needs measurements with cables like these? You know, virgin copper is the best for sound quality. This has been reviewed on YouTube, just ask @SimpleTheater
Your satire is amazing! I love that video in all the ways it seriously pokes fun at so much with so little! Please sir take a bow for that performance!! Seriously, that is pretty great fun right there...

pkane

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your satire is amazing! I love that video in all the ways it seriously pokes fun at so much with so little! Please sir take a bow for that performance!! Seriously, that is pretty great fun right there...
Not my doing, but I’m also a great admirer of the creator and founder of First Run Copper company.

Top Bottom