• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Do USB Audio Cables Make A Difference?

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not about the bits. It's about the clocking and how RFI impacts the analog stages of the converter.
Clocking is pretty much a non-issue with modern DACs with ASRCs (and asynchronous USB).

Bob Olhsson

True. IF there is an audible difference, it's about clocking and/or RFI.

Certainly, there shouldn't be differences caused by any cables, digital or analog, but manufacturers and their designers screw up.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
It's not about the bits. It's about the clocking and how RFI impacts the analog stages of the converter.

In any half decent design what goes on in the digital part should not have any consequences in the analog plane. Power supply management and PCB layout is important.

ribonucleic

31A083D3-FBB6-462E-95BA-C76FF301A0AE.jpeg
I purchased a BlueJeans USB cable. I asked them for test data and they replied this is the ONLY cable they do not MAKE and source overseas and could not provide ANY information at all on build, wire etc.
You can tell they take a lot of pride in this offering.

jim1274

Forum Donor
I could not resist adding that my recent purchase of a $2000 Benchmark DAC3 came bundled with a USB cable, just happening to notice it was a Monoprice cable. I think that is a $4 cable.

Says volumes.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I could not resist adding that my recent purchase of a $2000 Benchmark DAC3 came bundled with a USB cable, just happening to notice it was a Monoprice cable. I think that is a $4 cable.

Says volumes.
If it says volumes, why do you think it's monoprice? :facepalm:

Jimster480

Major Contributor

Says volumes.
What do you mean? That cable is more than fine...

Top Bottom