• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIRAC or other DSP correction software for outdoor speakers?

cEbNVDyfMy

Forum Donor
Hi All,

I hope this is the appropriate sub-forum to post in.

I am going to place a pair of Revel M80XC outdoors on my patio, mounted in the corners.

I am also considering a MiniDSP Flex with DIRAC (or other room correction device) + Wiim Pro + 80-120W amp or similar.

Question; would DIRAC (or similar room correction software) provide any benefit for outdoor patio speakers? The patio is walled off on three sides, with no ceiling and no wall on the fourth side facing away from the house.

Thank you

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In theory, plain EQ might work just as well since outdoor listening more often involves multiple listening positions and you can tune to taste based upon common listening areas.

gumblag

If you think you really need EQ to adjust your system to your liking and your system does not provide EQ of its own, Dirac live might come in handy. You'll need a seperate preamplifier (=The Wiim Pro) and a seperate amplifier.
Amir tested the balanced version of the Mini DSP Flex: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/minidsp-flex-review-audio-dsp.30804/
I would not bother though, I would use my ears and leave with that, but then again that's just me.

Top Bottom