• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

AllTaken

I hope they can do a recall, or at least allow the owners with early units to exchange for a new one.
Why? Most owners will not even notice is the attitude currently taken by Sound United. You may have been a user of an altered AVR previously without knowing...

How many people do we know that have reported a problem outside of Amir's findings?

Why? Most owners will not even notice is the attitude currently taken by Sound United. You may have been a user of an altered AVR previously without knowing...

How many people do we know that have reported a problem outside of Amir's findings?

Probably no one. But it would bother the hell out of me. I'd wait at least a few months until the early units get sold to someone else. Then I'd check the manufacture date to confirm I have a "good" unit.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
May I ask how you feel the 4700 compares to a 4500 available at nearly 50% its cost. Still worth the extra?
I haven’t seen bench tests in the 4500 so no way to know for sure. I would think the odds of them being very similar would be very high. If you don’t need or want 8k I would always opt for the prior model year around 1/2.

Bello

There are interesting inferences you can make out of this.

If Denon support suggested only the last 3 digits were relevant (I don't know if that was the case or you are making this inference) , then it implies less than a 1000 were affected.

If they only gave the last S/N, then that would mean the entire initial batch up to that number were affected as they have said. Otherwise, you would need a starting and beginning number.

The fourth digit would also be relevant to see if this was the initial batch.

True, good catch. I should be able to figure it out once the s/n is released by @amirm. It would be nice to get as many digits as possible / Denon resale issue? If s/n is fully disclosed. Maybe last 6 out 9 digits? This would cover it or just above 4 digits.

Again, Denon think tanks are well at work. They told me the initial run was good, middle of run n/g, then middle end -final of prod run back to good. I have no idea of the beginning / end of the middle run, bad s/n's or dates. Denon thought this through, not to give away bad run numbers. I'd say, well thought out by the Denon team. All caught with there pants down, total embarrassment.

I'm still waiting for someone with a good s/n to speak up.

My personal thoughts, 6700H w/ initial prod run, all bad units.

Follow-up, Denon war room messaging of issue, smoking mirrors.

Urgo

Forum Donor
[QUOTE = "Bello, publicación: 492914, miembro: 18475"] El tiempo revelará la verdad. Personalmente, intentaré intentar descubrir (nivel de componente si es necesario) las diferencias observadas en los componentes visuales.

Hace algunos años, compré un modelo insignia de Sony con pantalla ancha LCD HD (XBR1) de 66 pulgadas. Afirmaron una resolución de 1080P. Esa señal no estaba disponible en ese momento. Solo 1080i (entrelazado vs progresivo) Avance rápido un par de años, donde 1080P estaba disponible. El Sony XBR 1 seguía diciendo "incompatible". Unos meses después, un cliente presentó una demanda colectiva nacional contra Sony. Todos en la base de datos de ventas (incluido yo) recuperaron dinero de Sony por engañar a los clientes de dichas especificaciones.

Estoy seguro de que la mayoría de las empresas toman riesgos calculados. Con la esperanza de que no te atrapen.

Gracias a AMIRM; Este foro continuará con los pies en el fuego o tal vez sobre el centro RT de 4700H (bromeando) por la verdad. [/ QUOTE]

Confirmo la información sobre los primeros televisores Sony "FHD", porque yo también fui uno de los afectados.

También creo que sería muy importante conocer el s / n de las unidades Denon x6700h probadas y deducir el rango de números de la serie afectados por los condensadores. Y debemos saber a qué grupo pertenece la segunda unidad probada, si es una de las primeras unidades, o una nueva unidad que supuestamente ya ha reemplazado a los condensadores "irregulares".

Mi unidad devuelta tenía un / n que terminaba en 20001XX desde Europa, así que supongo que se vio afectado, ¿verdad?

Para aquellos de nosotros que devolvimos el receptor, es muy importante conocer esta información antes de aventurarnos a realizar una nueva compra.

¿Qué haremos si no es posible conocer los números de la serie afectados?

Pues la espera es demasiado larga y seguro que tendremos que migrar a otras marcas ...
No hay mucha oferta de 11 o más canales. En Denon solo el 8500, y aunque su construcción está fuera de toda duda, sigue siendo más caro ya partir del año 2018, echaríamos de menos algunas mejoras.

Este no es el momento para la especulación, la compra con dudas y el miedo a desperdiciar una importante suma de dinero por fallas tempranas o en un futuro próximo.

Last edited:

Urgo

Forum Donor
Sorry for the translation.
When speaking of "speculations", I mean the self-created distrust and doubts about the product when buying.

Vasr

Major Contributor
My returned unit had a s / n ending in 000001XX from Europe, so I guess it was affected, right?

The bad unit tested earlier here had the S/N ending in 2000403. Most likely yes assuming the last 6 digits refer to unit number.

Who knows for sure how often these kinds of manufacturing/engineering mishaps occur, not just with this model, but other models, years, and brands?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As to a third unit to test, I don't think it makes sense to do that right this minute given my workload. Maybe in a couple of months we can take that on if someone local is willing.

junior00027

As to a third unit to test, I don't think it makes sense to do that right this minute given my workload. Maybe in a couple of months we can take that on if someone local is willing.
test more avr and pre/pro from yamaha please

Urgo

Forum Donor
The bad unit tested earlier here had the S/N ending in 2000403. Most likely yes assuming the last 6 digits refer to unit number.

I have misspelled it and I have corrected it, my unit was DBCZ052000120, so that there are no errors.

Last edited:

Vasr

Major Contributor
Sorry for the late reply you all. Been busy with other things. Just added to the review:

EDIT: this is the serial number of the tested unit: DBCY032000007

Wow, they sent the 7th unit produced for the second testing that was manufactured earlier than the first unit tested? :oops:

Hmmm... this would mean this is either an earlier unit that was "fixed", or an internal early unit that never had the problem. Raises more questions than answers. It certainly isn't one picked off the later production batch without an issue.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does this mean we should upgrade our caps in all our gear
If you are already replacing faulty ones, it likely would be worthwhile to upgrade them. If you are doing so due to aging capacitors, then it is also likely that the "non-faulty" ones are not far behind in becoming faulty and since you are already replacing some, I would suggest replacing the rest and upgrading at the same time. But that is just the way I see it. Others may have different thoughts on this. As always, your mileage may vary.

Fillius

Forum Donor
Wow, they sent the 7th unit produced for the second testing that was manufactured earlier than the first unit tested? :oops:

Hmmm... this would mean this is either an earlier unit that was "fixed", or an internal early unit that never had the problem. Raises more questions than answers. It certainly isn't one picked off the later production batch without an issue.
My European AVC-X6700h unit S/N starts with DBCX0520...
Just a guess, but the the 32 and 52 might indicate the different regions, and the CX and CY could be the 'batch' or run number.

This could mean that CX ones are the ones affected and CY are the 'fixed' batch. So the newly tested unit was the 7th fixed one.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
test more avr and pre/pro from yamaha please
If you happen to own one or know someone that does, please do arrange to have one sent in to Amir. Remember, for the most part what gets tested is what people send in to test. And a plug for people to send stuff in to get tested... I have sent in: Emotiva XMC-1, Lyndorf TDAI 3400, NAD T758 V3, Revel M55XC and the Denon X8500. Amir pays return shipping and does a great job packing for return shipping (all items arrived back in perfect condition). If we want certain things tested... someone needs to send them in for testing. The broader the range of brands and models tested the larger the affect ASR has and the better consumers are informed.

Obiden

If I order a X6700 now how to I make sure I am getting the revised version of the unit.

Vasr

Major Contributor
My European AVC-X6700h unit S/N starts with DBCX0520...
Just a guess, but the the 32 and 52 might indicate the different regions, and the CX and CY could be the 'batch' or run number.

This could mean that CX ones are the ones affected and CY are the 'fixed' batch. So the newly tested unit was the 7th fixed one.

Not so sure about that. The earlier tested problem unit which I believe was local US was DBCY052000403 and @Urgo posted the euro model with problem as DBCZ0...

Top Bottom