• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X4700H 2020 AVR Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaatre

The same volume setting does not at all mean the same volume LEVEL unfortunately. Many times different sources/inputs have different gains. In a more extreme case, car head units almost always have a huge gain for the radio compared to anything else.
Didn't know that they'd provide different gains to different inputs in an AVR!
Can you please tell me how to volume match and check for difference?

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I listen to surround at a different place; where I am now I keep thinking I should just build up really great stereo. Then I go listen to something in surround and change my mind...but it DOES depend on what you listen to; the number of titles is not huge.
I have found this site to be helpful: http://www.2l.no/hires/
There are some really nice test tracks on there.
First time in my life that I actually enjoyed the surround experience and felt that things went flat when I switched to stereo.

I especially like the piano pieces that add the room in which the instrument is located: Chromatic Fantasia, Innocence, The Elder.
Kyrie is also a very nice piece to listen to.

Finding music tailored to my weird tastes will be a tough cookie though. *chuckles*

Gedeon

Forum Donor
No public info which could be shared about he tests performed by Denon ?

nick-v

Wondering the same thing. Hopefully the X3700 arrived at @amirm yesterday.
Hopefully it was developed by a different team than the X4700. I couldn't get my hands on an AVR-X3600 so I have an X3700 on order. I sold my X3200 yesterday for a decent price.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No public info which could be shared about he tests performed by Denon ?
I will be creating a new thread this morning with all the info. :) Denon has been kind enough to wait on me before releasing their set. We had a breakthrough finally on the issue at hand....

tparm

Forum Donor
I will be creating a new thread this morning with all the info. :) Denon has been kind enough to wait on me before releasing their set. We had a breakthrough finally on the issue at hand....
Love it!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom