• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Hook-up using: Denon AVR-E300 and MacBook Pro LapTop

Reesche

Hi you guys....I have some questions on audio Hook Up with a Denon AVR-E300 and a MacBook Pro.

Background: We use our MacBook Pro to view photos I have shot and like to view them on our living room LED Screen. We also like to put on our Music from the lap top to listen to. The current way we are using this is to hook up the Laptop to our Denon AVR-E300 receiver and view our photos and listen to music. The audio is coming into our LED display and does not sound very good. The audio intermettently crackles and breaks up.

I would like to use our Denon AVR-E300 receiver to run the AUDIO and VIDEO so we can use our (2) Sattalite speakers and our sub woofer via the Denon.

• Need your advise to do all of this easily. Laptop to Denon AVR-E300 is with a (HDMI cable)

See attached photos: I am currently plugging the HDMI cable into the Denon Receiver FRONT HDMI slot (AUX-HDMI) The music is being played through the small speakers on our TV.... I want the audio music to play through the Denon Receiver using our 2-satellite speakers and our Sub Woofer.

Thank you!

Reesche

Attachments

• 1-Denon AVR-E300 FRONT-SEND.jpg
    1-Denon AVR-E300 FRONT-SEND.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 2-Denon AVR-E300 FRONT-SEND.jpg
    2-Denon AVR-E300 FRONT-SEND.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 3-Front of Denon AVR-E300-SEND.jpg
    3-Front of Denon AVR-E300-SEND.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 4-MAC Laptop Configeration-SEND.jpg
    4-MAC Laptop Configeration-SEND.jpg
    729.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 5 HDMI 3? SEND.jpg
    5 HDMI 3? SEND.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 48
  • 6-Set Up Living Room-SEND.jpg
    6-Set Up Living Room-SEND.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 60
  • 7-Living Room HDR-SEND.jpg
    7-Living Room HDR-SEND.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 51

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @Reesche! Welcome to ASR.

Please tell me what satellite speakers and subwoofer you'd like to use.

OP
R

Reesche

Can you only use the HDMI cable to the Denon to do both? Audio to my speakers and Video to the TV?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can you only use the HDMI cable to the Denon to do both? Audio to my speakers and Video to the TV?
You can configure the Denon to play the audio from your MacBook via the proper speakers and pass the video through to your TV.

OP
R

Reesche

Not quite sure how to do this? Can you give me an explanation of how I can do it with just the (1) HDMI cable?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can you give me an explanation of how I can do it with just the (1) HDMI cable?
I think you're misunderstanding.
There are two HDMI cables involved: MacBook->HDMI->Denon AVR->HDMI->TV

OP
R

Reesche

As of now... All speakers (3) are into the Denon Receiver. TV is to the Denon via HDMI.

OP
R

Reesche

Where to plug in the HDMI from the MacPro to make this happen?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Where to plug in the HDMI from the MacPro to make this happen?
Any one of the Denon's HDMI inputs. It does not matter which. The rest is a matter of configuring things in the menus on the MacBook, the Denon, and the TV.

OP
R

Reesche

Ok.... any of the HDMI Slots? Is one better than the other for this application. And is the FRONT HDMI the problem here? The MacBook Pro should go into one of the BACK HDMI slots right? The BluRay slot is already taken.

Reesche

OP
R

Reesche

Thank you for your opinion!

I will hook everything up and test it in a few minutes.

Reesche

Top Bottom