• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Surprised there has been no mention of silver....

Bimbleton

Got a question — after plugging my LCR’s into the upcoming Buckeye amp, will I need to re-run Audyssey and recalibrate everything?

And should I expect big volume differences in the AVR trims (since 8 surround channels will still come off of AVR)?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Got a question — after plugging my LCR’s into the upcoming Buckeye amp, will I need to re-run Audyssey and recalibrate everything?
Yes, as the overall gain may have changed unless the Buckeye amps' gains are identical to your previous channels. Safest to just re-run.
And should I expect big volume differences in the AVR trims (since 8 surround channels will still come off of AVR)?
Probably not but again it depends upon the gain. If your current amplifier has X dB gain and new Y dB, there will be a difference of X-Y dB. If X and Y are equal, the difference will be 0 dB. Generally IME audio power amplifier gains lump around 30 dB or so and I would not expect more than a dB or three of difference if that.

For your case, the surround trims may be the same, with just the LCR channel trims adjusted for the new amps.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Trying to decide between a change to a new binding post (wouldn’t be until next year, if I go that route).

Which one of the two strikes a fancy?
(Both are robust, mount the same, perform the same)
The one on the right is my favorite.

amper42

Major Contributor

Yes, you always need to re-run Audyssey when you change an amp, a speaker or change speaker placement. Anytime you make changes to your system plan to re-run Audyssey. I have seen as much as a 2dB change in Audyssey volume settings with an amp change.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
An upgrade from my wood coathangers, I think these would make cool binding posts…

1699323355897.jpeg

Only about $4 a piece with rhodium plated platinum cores. Just need to get past the 5000 ohm resistance!;)

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Great. Just what we need: Hard to start speakers!! :eek:

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Great. Just what we need: Hard to start speakers!! :eek:

But not until after 60,000 miles and then they sound like new again!;)

Sound that is shockingly good too.:D

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
But not until after 60,000 miles and then they sound like new again!;)

Sound that is shockingly good too.:D

For some ears perhaps........

I still prefer the 'warmth' of an amplifier that is powered up with a hand crank

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Buckeye Amps is now selling their 2-channel Hypex NC502MP amplifier for $695.

Fahzz

Forum Donor
Buckeye Amps is now selling their 2-channel Hypex NC502MP amplifier for $695.

What was original price, and do I need this? :cool:

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Happy Holidays to all! Please be aware that any new orders placed as of today will not ship out until after Christmas. Thank you to everyone for making Buckeye Amps a huge success in the audio world!

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
I’m already confused by all the options. o_O

So the recent announcements include 2 new amps...

Coming soon:
1. Hypex NC2k
2. Purifi 9040 (aka 1ET9040)

Already Available:
3. Hypex NCx500
4. Hypex NC252MP
5. Hypex NC502MP
6. Purifi 1ET7040SA
7. Purifi 1ET400A

It would be nice to get some kind of comparison breakdown. ;)

I would love to create such a thread, but my understanding of amp technology and the differences is rather limited. Otherwise, I would have created such a thread already.

Top Bottom