• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23424
  • Start date

daniboun

Major Contributor
Houpsss... looks like I hurt you) Their amps are ugly though they sound good)
It's a matter of taste in the end...

Booker

Forum Donor
Keep it objective. Since your judgment "ugly" is based only on your subjective taste.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
But you are...:rolleyes:
No worries, it's coming from a guy able to survive a floor looking like this:
20220121-161651.jpg

o_O

daniboun

Major Contributor
No worries, it's coming from a guy able to survive a floor looking like this:
20220121-161651.jpg

o_O

What is the connection, it is a disassembled BRZHIFI amp? Did I say he was handsome?
You should rather take criticism with positivism) Me it is what I do here very often. And I'm not getting carried away.

And learn to read between the lines... you retained only the bad in my sentence... whereas I said that your amp sounded good)

daniboun

Major Contributor
Keep it objective. Since your judgment "ugly" is based only on your subjective taste.

You re right. I do not say otherwise

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
What is the connection, it is a disassembled BRZHIFI amp? Did I say he was handsome?
You should rather take criticism with positivism) Me it is what I do here very often. And I'm not getting carried away.

And learn to read between the lines... you retained only the bad in my sentence... whereas I said that your amp sounded good)
The subject was not the amp but the floor. Learn to read between the lines and take criticism with optimism
;)
We are talking about aestetic tastes. You don't like the design. Many others like it. End of the story.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Houpsss... looks like I hurt you)
Please don't go that road.

You don't like the design (some others do), that's alright. Yet I don't see the point to say it out loud... Especially from you, when we know you sell assembled amps (that look much uglier if you ask me...)

I thought "competitors" (assuming you're one, kind of) were not allowed to criticize each other around here.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Without being slanderous, I've always found that Boxem has a serious concern for design... their amp looks like a cash drawer. It's a shame because the rest is better.

Slander damages the reputation of another, however statements like this backfire on you and enhance Boxem's reputation IMO.

mcdn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Oh @daniboun, I will miss you now you are on my ignore list, but I will glimpse you in quoted content.

OP
D

Deleted member 23424

Hey @boXem | audio there was absolutely no cash in my cash drawer when it arrived. I demand a full refund. Or a full cash drawer.

If you don't send me cash I'll carpet your entire house with that weird bloke's poundshop carpet.
60aca8d06a1fb97c453a94070ae1d486.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

dvnms

Hello! Newbie to ASR here. I've just placed this order with boXem:

Arthur 4215/E2 - Faceplate color : boXem Orange - Body color : Textured matte dark anthracite

I just wanted to thank all of you for your great discussion of this and similar products; it was important in my decision making. And thanks to Fred, too. Back and forth with him in private messaging was also very helpful.

I'm excited. Perhaps I'll attempt a short, subjective review later. :p

P.S. In PMs with Fred, a message was blocked as possibly inappropriate because, as far as I can tell, it contained "anthracite body." When I edited that to "anthracite case," all was well. That's some strict (or still learning) AI!

Last edited:

RDSChicago

I think the boXem's are awesome looking. I've been corresponding with Fred and hope to purchase an amp from him when he releases the new, more powerful Purifi amp. Gray and orange are a great color combination! Bauhaus, Teutonic, whatever you want to call it, it is a turn on for me!

HansH

I ordered mine as well to drive my JBL Ti6K. It will replace a Lyngdorf SDAI 2175. Input will be from an RME ADI2 fs dac.
I might try to put a tube pre (freya+?) in between when it sound overly analytic or harsh.

gaburko

I think the boXem's are awesome looking. I've been corresponding with Fred and hope to purchase an amp from him when he releases the new, more powerful Purifi amp. Gray and orange are a great color combination! Bauhaus, Teutonic, whatever you want to call it, it is a turn on for me!
I wasn't aware there was such a plan. Do you have any idea re timing?

Top Bottom