• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
For those who would like to read the complete test of the 3E Audio Rev B Module, it's here:

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor

Yoku-San

Forum Donor
Is anybody from Europe interested in buying the parts to build this amp (3e Module Rev2 + Micro-Audio SMPS + Case and Cables) from me?

Unfortunately I will not have time for the build and prefer to buy a prebuild amp.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Is anybody from Europe interested in buying the parts to build this amp (3e Module Rev2 + Micro-Audio SMPS + Case and Cables) from me?

Unfortunately I will not have time for the build and prefer to buy a prebuild amp.

If you're technically stuck, I'm in France. I can help you. )

Overseas

Major Contributor

I can see you are disappointed of the RCA modification needed, but with a little extra budget you can get a DAC with balanced out, maybe that can help.
I am not sure what is the cheapest Topping, SMSL DAC with balanced out, I have E50 for ex.

Yoku-San

Forum Donor
If you're technically stuck, I'm in France. I can help you. )
Thanks, but I just bought a used NC252MP-based Amp for less than what I paid for all the parts for your build (the MicroAudio SMPS was quite expensive).

I will try to sell the parts here in the forum section.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Thanks, but I just bought a used NC252MP-based Amp for less than what I paid for all the parts for your build (the MicroAudio SMPS was quite expensive).

I will try to sell the parts here in the forum section.

Ok ) enjoy your amp anyway )
I built several NC252mp and NC500mp hypex amps but they are noiser than the 3E Audio.

Yoku-San

Forum Donor
Ok ) enjoy your amp anyway )
I built several NC252mp and NC500mp hypex amps but they are noiser than the 3E Audio.
Sure. But coming from a noisy Marantz 2238B there will already be a huge difference with the NC252MP. I guess I could not hear the difference between the Ncore and the TPA3255.

Top Bottom