• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

autoeq.app Is a Web Application for Equalizing Headphones the Easy Way

alumnicesar

A 4 dB LF shelf does get it closer to the Harman IE Target. I measured the JBL Endurance Run 2 on both GRAS and 5128 last night and plotted them against both Targets. See thread here: https://x.com/seanolive/status/1722874973793243155?s=20
yeah i responded there as well,

do you think a 4 db bass shelf is better than just tilting another -4db? on auto eq you can choose diffuse field -10 and then go to the tit wheel and do -0.4 to make it -14

edit: lol i just saw you responded to that

alumnicesar

can you add amirm's measurements to the website and then the preference scores to the github?

OP
jaakkopasanen

jaakkopasanen

can you add amirm's measurements to the website and then the preference scores to the github?
I could, assuming Amir gives me permission. However, there doesn't seem to be a crawlable index and I'm 100% not going to scrape the measurements together manually.

Volutrik

What is the application of the Harman 2018 OE + Crinacle ears target? Is it literally just a mix of the Harman target and Crinacle's HRTF? Would be nice if there were descriptions of the application of each target

OP
jaakkopasanen

jaakkopasanen

That's used only for Crinacle's measurements done on his Frankenstein MiniDSP EARS + 711 coupler rig. It's a result of calibrating those measurements against GRAS rig and adding the calibration to Harman OE 2018

usersky

Forum Donor
Hi @jaakkopasanen ! I came back to say thak you again. autoeq.app works like a charm. I used Minidsp EARS to measure two headphones that was unable to find measured or preset in wavelet: Panasonic RB-M700B which sounds absolutelly horrific as it comes (ultra bloated bass, pure mess) and Philips Fidelio L3, a much better behaved one. Just measured with REW and went with the measurement to autoeq.app and got wavelet filters, no manual adjustment at all (I know a lot of things can be tweaked but was not interested in investing much time in tuning two HP that I don't use). In both cases the result was REALLY GOOOD! Panasonic came from unlistenable to perfectly acceptable and Philips came from bassy-but-interesting to the totally familiar Harman sound (not necesarily preferable to me in this particular case but a clear sign that filters work as intented). Filters look better than what REW generates on one hand and on the other autoeq.app generates filters for wavelet (my main way to use phones) while REW doesn't. Great job, congrats and thanks again!

Last edited:

alumnicesar

any chance you can add an automatically calculated standard deviation number that shows the standard error for the headphone and the target chosen?

OP
jaakkopasanen

jaakkopasanen

any chance you can add an automatically calculated standard deviation number that shows the standard error for the headphone and the target chosen?
This has been been brought up before, but AutoEq has a well defined purpose, and that's equalizing headphones. Comparing and evaluating headphones without eq is out of scope for this project.

Booker

Forum Donor
I cannot select targets using Firefox or Edge on the autoeq.app.

OP
jaakkopasanen

jaakkopasanen

I cannot select targets using Firefox or Edge on the autoeq.app.
Could you open a ticket about this in Github with details for how can I reproduce? Thanks.

Top Bottom