• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommended headphones without equalization list?

Hey all,

After folks listen to some of my headphones they often ask for recs, and I struggle a bit because I don't want to recommend anything that needs equalization. However, it's hard to find headphone reviews on these forums that are recommended w/o equalization. As I have hifimans as my primary, I was considering recommending HE400SE to folks, but that does need some tweaking too.

Do folks have some non-equalization-needed recommendations? Or does someone have an index of "recommended without equalization" headphones from reviews here?

Thanks,
D

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Well even if they don't need particular EQ-ing with perfect fit and seal at certain SPL, they will need it on different SPL and we all listen on different SPL levels and in different mood. Then there are glasses, ear chenel sensitivity, pina and shape, surce impedance dependance, power dependance and so on.
What to me comes close to perfect on mid SPL, fits and sealed the most heads and ears and it's not source impedance dependant while still able to drive properly from almost anything are Denon AH-D5200.
Go to Solderdude blog and read a lot.
And still it's best to try them and more than once.

Top Bottom