• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

Which way do you consume your music?

• I mostly use speakers.

Votes: 143 49.7%
  • I mostly use headphones.

Votes: 80 27.8%
  • I use headphones and speakers equally.

Votes: 65 22.6%

• Total voters

raif71

I mostly use speakers. I have 2 speaker setups (3.1 and 7.1). via two different receivers. The speakers driven by the receivers are heaven but the sound from the headphone jack sucks big time. Some of the times when I use headhones is with a DAP. A dac/amp is on the way. Wished I had found this site 1st before making the dac/amp purchase :)

bravomail

I thought it would be nice to get a pulse of the membership on which way they consume their music. So please answer the post as it will inform future of the forum.

Thanks.
headphones for music and games. Speakers for movies. I live in a big family house. Sharing the living space has its restrictions.

MRC01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm about 50/50. I prefer speakers (Magnepan 3.6) in my prepared listening room, for both critical listening and musical enjoyment. But I can't always use them since the sound carries through the house. So I end up using headphones (LCD-2 Fazor) about half the time.

That makes me about equally interested in topics from speakers/amps/room treatment, to headphones.

I stopped using headphones on the beach last year and use a wireless speaker linked to my I-phone, its much better and you can get the party vibe started! And ofc if you wanna listen music - try to check this to find the info about vinyls cause the sound quality will be x100 better.

Last edited:
50/50 for me. Partly because conditions (I'm not always home, group playing video games), partly just cause sometimes I prefer headphones

New to the forum; first post.
I use both equally, mostly because my floor is thin and my downstair neighbours can revenge with her bad hifi. Landlord lives in the same building (quadruplex) so I have to behave.

That said, most of my gear is diy/kits, so I have to use it.

Grateful for this forum, and the nice discussions!

Top Bottom