• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 163 49.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 118 36.0%

• Total voters

Sokel

Master Contributor
View attachment 356529
That's why I quoted the picture separately.
I have all generations of Silmic's, but this is definitely a "G".
What would actually be installed at this point would be even more interesting. Just simple ceramic capacitors?
Wow...
Didn't see that,never came across SILMIG ...

Definitely not a real pic though,so an artistic team typo probably.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Any local dealer in Spain?
Keep in mind that a normal dealer in Spain cannot offer it at that price. He must pay all import and shipping costs and finance support/warranty services with the sale.

The device will probably be available from Audiophonics, Amazon and other European retailers that carry AIYIMA shortly after its release.

Toni Mas

Keep in mind that a normal dealer in Spain cannot offer it at that price. He must pay all import and shipping costs and finance support/warranty services with the sale.

The device will probably be available from Audiophonics, Amazon and other European retailers that carry AIYIMA shortly after its release.
Topping have a dealer in Spain and their prices are the lowest we can find here. Btw, international freights are not cheap, even within the EU.

dr_mick51

View attachment 356529
That's why I quoted the picture separately.
I have all generations of Silmic's, but this is definitely a "G".
What would actually be installed at this point would be even more interesting. Just simple ceramic capacitors?
On the Aiyima A07 Max thread we recently had a conversation regarding those capacitors. It turned out that a ceramic ones (instead of the stock SMD Electrolytics) gave better performance. Maybe this is the reason why they decided to replace them at the end?
I'm not even sure those are the same decoupling caps for the Bulk capacitors as on the A07 Max. Due to their location these seem more like the coupling caps for the signal path to the TPA3255 chip. Which in that case a good electrolytic may be better? All other amps use electrolytics there.

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Is there something wrong or I'm going blind....
Guys ! don't you see a problem here ??
I imagine that we will therefore find some fake NE5532 OP amps and why not a fake GaN PSU.....:eek:

1710517321371.png

ZOOM IN
Even if it's a computer-generated image, frankly it's taking people for idiots!

1710514640725.png

Attachments

• 1710514484846.png
    1710514484846.png
    636 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Topping have a dealer in Spain and their prices are the lowest we can find here. Btw, international freights are not cheap, even within the EU.

229€ (more of less what I predicted)
Pre order @ Audiophonics

Last edited:

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi amigos,

Is there something wrong or I'm going blind....
Guys ! don't you see a problem here ??
I imagine that we will therefore find some fake NE5532 OP amps and why not a fake GaN PSU.....:eek:

View attachment 356625

ZOOM IN
Even if it's a computer-generated image, frankly it's taking people for idiots!

View attachment 356616
Now you know why I was asking for real product pics and details ;)

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Let's get some actual product teardown photos from working product, before we hurl any accusations...

In my opinion, Aiyima would be pretty silly not to use actual branded components, knowing that Fosi, SMSL and others are continually improving their game in that regard.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Let's get some actual product teardown photos from working product, before we hurl any accusations...

In my opinion, Aiyima would be pretty silly not to use actual branded components, knowing that Fosi, SMSL and others are continually improving their game in that regard.

.From Aiyima :

"This is a power amplifier board taken directly from a mobile phone. We guarantee that no components will be modified."

When we share pictures that are confusing then we can only react in this way....It lacks transparency... It is factual here

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Whatever happened to the days of manufacturers giving their power at so many watts with such and such distortion? Too many companies refuse to give the real power (here it is 77 watts) of their gear.
In those days (and still now) that was, as often at not, at 1%THD.

On that basis, this amp is just over 100W at 8ohm (reading from the chart), and 178W at 4ohm.

Roland68

Major Contributor
On the Aiyima A07 Max thread we recently had a conversation regarding those capacitors. It turned out that a ceramic ones (instead of the stock SMD Electrolytics) gave better performance. Maybe this is the reason why they decided to replace them at the end?
I'm not even sure those are the same decoupling caps for the Bulk capacitors as on the A07 Max. Due to their location these seem more like the coupling caps for the signal path to the TPA3255 chip. Which in that case a good electrolytic may be better? All other amps use electrolytics there.
The location on the board actually indicates that these capacitors are in the signal path. It is always a bad idea to use ceramic capacitors in the signal path, SMD designs are even worse. This is not just my personal experience.
There are now SMD Keramir capacitors that can be used with a few disadvantages, but these are expensive, large and have limited capacity. In addition, the usual assembly process is very problematic and has a high error rate.

I like to quote manufacturers like BB, AD or TI, who have carried out extensive tests on this, "We have also found that ceramic capacitors suffer from microphonic effects: the audio passing through the part will actually physically resonate and cause distortion! I would only use ceramic capacitors in the audio path where performance is not an issue, but size and cost are your higher priority."

OpticonPrime

It looks like the changed the whole layout of the OP amps if you compare the render and the actual pictures.
It think people jump to quick to their conclusions here.
Also Aiyima isn't stupid, they know that people will look critically to their product especially here. But they actually post there products here, send them in for testing and feedback.
Haven't seen that from a lot of other manufacturers.
But Aiyima does it and get a lot of "hate" and critics which aren't fair in my opinion.

T&T

It looks like the changed the whole layout of the OP amps if you compare the render and the actual pictures.
Also Aiyima isn't stupid, they know that people will look critically to their product especially here. But they actually post there products here, send them in for testing and feedback.
But Aiyima does it and get a lot of "hate" and critics which aren't fair in my opinion.
I can agree more with the haters to Aiyima they send products before going on sale ...How many months 3-4 we waith for Fosi to send the ZA3 to Amir and how know if they did tochup on ZA3.
All the buss that created because the XLR, which at the end was not a real XLR circuit ohh the 9v trigger for people that are to lazy and want to keep the fat storage.
I Remember when Aiyima 07 Max, begins they sales send it, before going on sale and on the spot they change to the 63v capacitors.
I am pretty sure by now the are reading ,checking and testing different capacitors, before they send anything out to get a nice amp.
So wait until you get the device, before making your opinion then talk.
For the pictures the still working on it and making a better layout.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Maybe you don't have the experience to judge that.
I had several AIYIMA A07 here, which were equipped with very different components, including in terms of component quality. I also doubted the authenticity of some of the components; at least I have never seen such poor printing on the shrink tubing from the original capacitor manufacturers.
Some of the AIYIMA A07 MAX have such poor potentiometers installed that some of these amplifiers are unusable due to the synchronization fluctuations. I have two of these amplifiers here, which I therefore have to convert into power amplifiers with fixed resistors instead of potentiometers in order to be able to use them at all. Significantly better pots would have cost 2-3 € more for industrial purchasing.

I can understand the price pressure with such cheap amplifiers (50-70 € without power supply on Aliexpress), but it leaves a bad aftertaste when cheaper components are installed after the first positive tests and pictures of the interior. Of course, you also have to take into account that there have been significant supply bottlenecks in recent years.

But those days are over and we are talking about a TPA3255 amplifier that costs well over €200. And everyone should raise the bar a little higher at this price.
These critical voices may help to focus AIYIMA's attention on this problem and to enable all buyers to have equal and high-quality products.

OpticonPrime

Maybe you don't have the experience to judge that.
I had several AIYIMA A07 here, which were equipped with very different components, including in terms of component quality. I also doubted the authenticity of some of the components; at least I have never seen such poor printing on the shrink tubing from the original capacitor manufacturers.
Some of the AIYIMA A07 MAX have such poor potentiometers installed that some of these amplifiers are unusable due to the synchronization fluctuations. I have two of these amplifiers here, which I therefore have to convert into power amplifiers with fixed resistors instead of potentiometers in order to be able to use them at all. Significantly better pots would have cost 2-3 € more for industrial purchasing.

I can understand the price pressure with such cheap amplifiers (50-70 € without power supply on Aliexpress), but it leaves a bad aftertaste when cheaper components are installed after the first positive tests and pictures of the interior. Of course, you also have to take into account that there have been significant supply bottlenecks in recent years.

But those days are over and we are talking about a TPA3255 amplifier that costs well over €200. And everyone should raise the bar a little higher at this price.
These critical voices may help to focus AIYIMA's attention on this problem and to enable all buyers to have equal and high-quality products.

And do you have proof of what you are saying that you can share with us?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
The location on the board actually indicates that these capacitors are in the signal path. It is always a bad idea to use ceramic capacitors in the signal path, SMD designs are even worse. This is not just my personal experience.
There are now SMD Keramir capacitors that can be used with a few disadvantages, but these are expensive, large and have limited capacity. In addition, the usual assembly process is very problematic and has a high error rate.

I like to quote manufacturers like BB, AD or TI, who have carried out extensive tests on this, "We have also found that ceramic capacitors suffer from microphonic effects: the audio passing through the part will actually physically resonate and cause distortion! I would only use ceramic capacitors in the audio path where performance is not an issue, but size and cost are your higher priority."
Do you have a source for your manufacturer quote? The TI docs I've seen point out problems with high-k ceramics like X7R, but recommend C0G for low distortion. See for example "Selecting Capacitors to Minimize Distortion in Audio Applications" and the OPA1688 reference design.

Top Bottom