• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 163 49.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 118 36.0%

• Total voters

Bleib

Major Contributor
Most of these cheap TPA3255 amps with small footprint is ideal for desktop, workshop, kitchen, and garage for casual listening, very good pairing with low budget or old bookshelf speakers. At least for me the main attraction of these little amps is the price point, and I feel the original A07 and TB10D are still the king of value and sounds damn good for the money.

This new A70 with 48v10a power brick cost 4x more than A07 and TB10D! but it surely ain't going to sound that much better/louder/cleaner in the real world application, could it? The power output is on par with most other cheap TPA3255 running on'wimpy' 32v/36v5a so what is the compelling reason to pay 4x more for something that have no practical improvement in the real world?

Beside, do people actually use this stuff as their long term primary amp to feed their $1K~3K speakers? :D
I don't think desktop needs this much power, and just about every speaker in the world is more problematic than this amp when it comes to SINAD, FR etc
The thing it is missing in my view is a remote, although I certainly know that many use their DAC to control the volume

Xcaliber

I don't think desktop needs this much power, and just about every speaker in the world is more problematic than this amp when it comes to SINAD, FR etc
The thing it is missing in my view is a remote, although I certainly know that many use their DAC to control the volume

Yea i guess it really depends on what and how these amps are being used for, the remote is useful if we used them to power some cheap bookshelf speakers in the garage and workshop, etc. When I use them for desktop type setup for computer gaming/movies, then none of the SINAD or FR is going to matter, majority of the gaming machines with a decent video cards are going to have significantly louder cooling fans noises that would bury any 'hissing' noise coming out of the amp or bookshelf speakers in a hurry.

My little A07 is also doing a great job powering two transducers(aka bass shakers) strapped to my gaming chair as well, for more serious setup I really do not feel these amps worth paying $220 for, better off saving up a little longer and go for something like the pre-built Hypex NC252MP instead. Personally I think these TPA3255 amps ought to stay below $100 price point, the minute you add a bunch of features to them, the value goes out the window. :p

daniboun

Major Contributor
Most of these cheap TPA3255 amps with small footprint is ideal for desktop, workshop, kitchen, and garage for casual listening, very good pairing with low budget or old bookshelf speakers. At least for me the main attraction of these little amps is the price point, and I feel the original A07 and TB10D are still the king of value and sounds damn good for the money.

This new A70 with 48v10a power brick cost 4x more than A07 and TB10D! but it surely ain't going to sound that much better/louder/cleaner in the real world application, could it? The power output is on par with most other cheap TPA3255 running on'wimpy' 32v/36v5a so what is the compelling reason to pay 4x more for something that have no practical improvement in the real world?

Beside, do people actually use this stuff as their long term primary amp to feed their $1K~3K speakers? :D

I already asked Amir and Aiyima to test with the stock 48V/5A. I think the measurements will rather affect the results under 4R load but we need measurements to confirm...

1710415631997.png

Bleib

Major Contributor
When I use them for desktop type setup for computer gaming/movies, then none of the SINAD or FR is going to matter, majority of the gaming machines with a decent video cards are going to have significantly louder cooling fans noises that would bury any 'hissing' noise coming out of the amp or bookshelf speakers in a hurry.
Not the case at all for my PC when it's idle, all fans are about 400-600rpm, and speakers closer to oneself can make some amps possible to hear like SMSL A300 which had some noise from the treble. Switching to Topping MX3s fixed that problem for me, also no channel imbalance..

Last edited:

Roland68

Major Contributor
Are you not concerned with the Topping's longevity?
For me personally, I don't care. The OPAmps are not potted and in an emergency I can use my own input circuit.

Xcaliber

Not the case at all for my PC when it's idle, all fans are about 400-600rpm, and speakers closer to oneself can make some amps possible to hear like SMSL A300 which had some noise from the treble. Switching to Topping MX3s fixed that problem for me, also no channel imbalance..
Lucky you, the ambient/acoustic noise floor in my office is around 65~68dB, mostly came from the fan noise alone generated by the computer when I was just browsing online, the gaming machine is on Ryzen 9 7900x and RTX 4070 Ti GPU, the 7200rpm storage hard drives is also much more audible and louder than any static or white noise that may come from the speakers in the same room. :D

Xcaliber

I already asked Amir and Aiyima to test with the stock 48V/5A. I think the measurements will rather affect the results under 4R load but we need measurements to confirm...

View attachment 356321

If I'm a betting man, I'd say the power output of this A70 running on 48V5a is going to be somewhere around 140W @4ohm 1% THD and peak at around 180w @4ohm 1% THD, it won't be too far off from previous models. :p

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Yeah, I really like the little/basic remote that SMSL has with their AO100 small amp. It comes in very handy in my dining room use case.

daniboun

Major Contributor
If I'm a betting man, I'd say the power output of this A70 running on 48V5a is going to be somewhere around 140W @4ohm 1% THD and peak at around 180w @4ohm 1% THD, it won't be too far off from previous models. :p

As per Aiyima spec with the stock 48V/5A (see attached file) the PSU update should not change anything....

Now I dont want to bet ) Only measurements make sense here )

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 48

Xcaliber

As per Aiyima spec with the stock 48V/5A (see attached file) the PSU update should not change anything....

Now I dont want to bet ) Only measurements make sense here )

Those exaggerated numbers look like the absolute peak, and the continuous output rating isn't going to be anywhere close to what they published, don't have to bet, you can count on it and guaranteed it. ;)

Roland68

Major Contributor
Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor

I would say pretty the same for 4R load. Bur for 8R load should be more or less the same.

melomane13

I would say pretty the same for 4R load. Bur for 8R load should be more or less the same.
surely the difference will be on the 2 ohm load.

qozzie

Totally overpriced with useless features as XLR and sub out with crazy high low pass range.
XLR is a necessity for some, and the lack of that is a dealbreaker for peeps like me who come from a pro audio/audio engineering background. Agree about the strangely implemented ‚sub out‘ which is more like a ‚low woofer out‘.

Sokel

Master Contributor
ELNA SILMIG capacitors?
I hope this is just a typo in a photorealistic image, right?

In the same place in another picture you only installed SMD ceramic capacitors?
Which version will be delivered and which version has Amirm tested?
Where did you see the SILMIG ?

Can't see anything in the pics.

(real ones have a very curved C,so is that you you saw? )

Roland68

Major Contributor
Where did you see the SILMIG ?

Can't see anything in the pics.

(real ones have a very curved C,so is that you you saw? )
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-15 um 11.33.31.png

That's why I quoted the picture separately.
I have all generations of Silmic's, but this is definitely a "G".
What would actually be installed at this point would be even more interesting. Just simple ceramic capacitors?

Top Bottom