• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Accuphase DG-68

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just came across this thread... $13K for a digital graphic equalizer, lolwut? You can get an RME and an extremely nice computer to run parametric EQ for that kind of money, with enough left over for a used car... what am I missing?
It's balanced and the display is touch screen for the EQ. Of course it is a Accuphase too so it will last a lifetime and if required can receive factory service too.

Nascimento

Now no jokes, besides being an excellent DAC, (I have a DAC DCS Paganini, the DG-68 in DAC mode, has a warmer signature, while the DCS is a little more analytical, apart from this difference, the DG-68 is reaching the level of the DCS)
The DG-68 is also a DSP, an equalizer, and an RTA!
Because I didn't want any computer with a wire stretched out in my dedicated audio room, I opted for the DG-68!

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-07 at 15.11.39.jpeg

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm definitely not saying it's a bad piece of kit, it looks the part, but I am saying the functional value prop is a bit out of whack. But hey, people will pay $10K for a side table that looks nice and just sits there, so if it's worth it to you, it's worth it.

Nascimento

There comes a time in our lives when we only have two options, we spend the little we save on things that give us pleasure, or we leave it to the children to spend on nonsense, I've already made my choice!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There comes a time in our lives when we only have two options, we spend the little we save on things that give us pleasure, or we leave it to the children to spend on nonsense, I've already made my choice!
Speaking of which those Tannoy WESTMINSTER look pretty nice. I've heard/read good things about them. The DG-68 is simply the pinnacle of PEQ for the home user.

Nascimento

I have a good sized room (7mts x 8mts) but unfortunately the bass is left for all corners (Westminster goes down to 18hz) the small acoustic treatment I did, proved to be inefficient with the bass problems, a better treatment would cost twice as much price of the DG-68, and could be ineffective!
I've had a Tannoy Westminster for many years, I started with a Westminster TW (30 years ago) now I have a Westminster HE, I really like the Accuphase Tannoy combination!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a good sized room (7mts x 8mts) but unfortunately the bass is left for all corners (Westminster goes down to 18hz) the small acoustic treatment I did, proved to be inefficient with the bass problems, a better treatment would cost twice as much price of the DG-68, and could be ineffective!
So there is dead space between your back and the rear wall? I solved a similar issue by placing 2- 6' (2m) x 3' (1m) damping panels behind my head. The imaging opened up, the mid bass improved and the entire room seemed deader afterwards. Your room is larger though and may require more damping panels and finding something visually appropriate is another matter.
I've had a Tannoy Westminster for many years, I started with a Westminster TW (30 years ago) now I have a Westminster HE
I bet they are a pleasure to operate whenever you fire up the system.
I really like the Accuphase Tannoy combination!
The moment I saw the DG-68 ~years ago I was immediately struck by the realization that Accuphase made the ultimate touchscreen PEQ like peeps had only dreamed of before. I never considered the expense of it to be far fetched or snake oil'ishy like some think. What's not to like? 15" woofers and a direct input PEQ at the sitting position. :D

Nascimento

Yes, I have a lot of space behind the sofa, even with a sofa with cushions, bought to absorb some bass, my living room was still alive and with bass problems! Even with all these problems, I still have a good stage illusion, and I like it!
Having the DG-68 next to the sofa is a temporary solution, it makes it easier to get to know the equipment, it has only been 10 days since I received the toy, I believe that after establishing the curves and storing it in memory (30 memory options) I will be able to put it on a platform and control by remote control!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Having the DG-68 next to the sofa is a temporary solution, it makes it easier to get to know the equipment, it has only been 10 days since I received the toy, I believe that after establishing the curves and storing it in memory (30 memory options) I will be able to put it on a platform and control by remote control!
Awww... But it looks so cool by the sofa... lol. :D
Is the room such that there is lots of space at the left side but the right speaker fits in a corner albeit far out in the corner? If so that would make for some strange acoustics.

Nascimento

The photo doesn't show, but the same distance I have from the wall to the right box, I have the left box from the wall!
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-12 at 21.34.03.jpeg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The photo doesn't show, but the same distance I have from the wall to the right box, I have the left box from the wall!View attachment 236843
Hmmmz... I see. So you have things in the correct positions and pulled out from the wall too. There is a lot of glass behind those vertical blinds. That is a sore point for acoustics. I don't know what the glass would do but it's not going to be better with it.

Nascimento

Yes, i have a glass wall so i chose a thick fabric blinds!
Unfortunately I can't get rid of this glass wall, and improve the acoustics of the room!
Or luckily, because if I eliminate the glass wall, I'll miss this view from the sofa!

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 18.59.40 (2).jpeg

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

notsodeadlizard

Now no jokes, besides being an excellent DAC, (I have a DAC DCS Paganini, the DG-68 in DAC mode, has a warmer signature, while the DCS is a little more analytical, apart from this difference, the DG-68 is reaching the level of the DCS)
The DG-68 is also a DSP, an equalizer, and an RTA!
Because I didn't want any computer with a wire stretched out in my dedicated audio room, I opted for the DG-68!

View attachment 236828
What a magnificent set.
Congratulations, that's wonderful.

Top Bottom