• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

Obizzz

Bought a bunch of tips to try and find what works best. I’ve found that the deeper insertion on the Zero Reds means I have to go down a size compared to the 7hz.

For the Zero 2:s my favorites so far are the Fiio HS18 and Spinfit W1.

While the medium W1 worked well I had a feeling a size down would be even better so I ordered the MS version as which arrived today and I was right. They seems less prone to slip out now.

Sound wise the HS18 probably worked best but I get a bit more isolation with W1 and almost the same sound so I think those might be the winners for now.

I suspect these won’t be my last IEM:s so a collection of tips will come in handy. In general I seem to be around a medium for shallow insert IEM:s and small when you go a bit deeper. On my Etymotics I use one of the smaller double flange tips to go really deep.

IMG_2636.jpeg

Obizzz

Got a second pair as a gift for my partner because at this price why not?

Went with a more colorful combo this time, which she loved. We spent a good few hours yesterday listening to music separately but together.

IMG_0603.jpeg
IMG_0604.jpeg

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

staticV3

Master Contributor
is this the profile on the Qudelix 5K for this IEM?
No. That is a custom-made preset created by muza_1.

The Zero:2 preset that's built into the Qudelix 5K is this one:

Edit: possibly this one as well:

Not sure how up-to-date Qudelix's database it.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No. That is a custom-made preset created by muza_1.

The Zero:2 preset that's built into the Qudelix 5K is this one:

Edit: possibly this one as well:

Not sure how up-to-date Qudelix's database it.
Thanks. Listening to these w/ this profile and sounds quite neutral, if a bit bass shy.

muza_1

is this the profile on the Qudelix 5K for this IEM?
This I created with Crinacle measurements but after some experimentation with different measurements I think the ones posted by Armin or the ones used in AutoEq are more acuarte, EQ using them sounds more natural to me.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Please keep the conversation about the product reviewed and the test results and take any side conversations to a separate thread. A few off topic posts were deleted.

Please inform Moderation if this off topic posting continues. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Have you had a chance to try Kinera Odin?
Honestly, no. Hence I won't be disparaging it simply on the basis of the graphs and price alone, at least as ardently as some people might be inclined to. But it definitely has a "niche" sound, that might both suit you nicely and turn out to be an utter disappointment. Especially for that kind of money. So, personally, I would discourage you from buying them blindly. If you have hybrid IEMs with good treble extension, I'd suggest at least trying to EQ them to Odin's FR as a target to get a little taste of what it's like. It won't be an exact match, of course, but should be enough to give you an idea whether you want something like that or not.

Having said that, I also have to mention that I've encountered some reports on significant unit variation with Odin, which if true, is a definite no-go.

Is there any particular reason why you're interested in Odin?

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Slightly Off Topic.

I'm finding the heat-shink or whatever sleeve on the left IEM is slightly in the wrong place and makes a bit irritating compared to the right which I don't notice at all when I put it on. How is the Tripowin Zonie in this regard?
I'd rather not spend almost as much as the IEM on a cable, especially such a short one, but if it's quickly comfortable than it makes it easier to take the IEMs out and put back on.

Currently running Kenable 3.5mm extension cable from Tempotec Sonata HDPro, into the long extension cable that came with the Superlux HD668b, then to the IEMs or whatever headphone. Multiple connections are always are bad thing, but meh, no issues heard so far ;)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Slightly Off Topic.

I'm finding the heat-shink or whatever sleeve on the left IEM is slightly in the wrong place and makes a bit irritating compared to the right which I don't notice at all when I put it on. How is the Tripowin Zonie in this regard?
I'd rather not spend almost as much as the IEM on a cable, especially such a short one, but if it's quickly comfortable than it makes it easier to take the IEMs out and put back on.

Currently running Kenable 3.5mm extension cable from Tempotec Sonata HDPro, into the long extension cable that came with the Superlux HD668b, then to the IEMs or whatever headphone. Multiple connections are always are bad thing, but meh, no issues heard so far ;)
Try removing the shrink on the Zero cables first if it has a chin woggle (I can't recall)

Nick the end of the shrink at the amp end and unpeel. Mark the front /back of the 2 pin connector before doing it.

The chin woggle enables you to pull the less rigid cable snug behind your ear.

L5730

Try removing the shrink on the Zero cables first if it has a chin woggle (I can't recall)

Nick the end of the shrink at the amp end and unpeel. Mark the front /back of the 2 pin connector before doing it.

The chin woggle enables you to pull the less rigid cable snug behind your ear.
Hmm, I do like that they curve and the chin toggle, when done too tight it just as annoying. They are better when the cable is ran behind my back.
If the IEMs are held vertically, the left cable kind of stays fairly flat whilst the right tends to go in wards a bit more. The connectors were clearly designed with an angle yet the left cable defeats it's purpose!
I might have to look at some other shrink wrap stuff and see if I cannot remove and replace whilst keeping cable in the right position - sounds easier than it would be in practice.

The Zonie cable has these shrink wraps too?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm, I do like that they curve and the chin toggle, when done too tight it just as annoying. They are better when the cable is ran behind my back.
If the IEMs are held vertically, the left cable kind of stays fairly flat whilst the right tends to go in wards a bit more. The connectors were clearly designed with an angle yet the left cable defeats it's purpose!
I might have to look at some other shrink wrap stuff and see if I cannot remove and replace whilst keeping cable in the right position - sounds easier than it would be in practice.

Yes the zonie does too. There is a yinyoo that doest for about the same price.

I've found I prefer no shrink over even a well shaped one (as long as there is a chin woggle) but ymmv

mc.god

You can try warming the left shrink with an hair dryer and see if you can reshape it a bit, keeping it curved inward until it cools off, i did it long ago with the QT5 cable and a TRN cable to make the hooks less aggressive.
No need for other tools but much easier if you have something like this
S602978da63a54949b304321ab1567031m.jpg

Last edited:

L5730

You can try warming the left shrink with an hair dryer and see if you can reshape it a bit, keeping it curved inward until it cools off, i did it long ago with the QT5 cable and a TRN cable to make the hooks less aggressive.
No need for other tools but much easier if you have something like this
S602978da63a54949b304321ab1567031m.jpg
Spot on! I dug our little apparatus that looks much like the one in your posted image. I've a couple of wooden clothes pegs attached for less aggressive/biting grip. The hair dryer set on the high heat setting did the trick, then clicked it to cold-shot to 'set' the thermoplastic tubing.
I think I've undone the curve a little in the process, but it feels much less irritating now. Nice one, thanks!

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Got my Spinfit Cp100+ eartips and Linsoul Tripowin Zonie cable, now I think I have my endgame IEM setup.

I think the real gamechangers are the eartips. Much better seal and more importantly, I hardly notice them. With the Spinfits, I might actually listen to IEMs just for fun, not only for calibration purposes.

Top Bottom