• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Bryguy

That was one of the most arrogant statements from Eric that I saw across all the various posts, blogs, etc. that he has made over the years. I seem to remember him saying almost that exact same thing back in the earlier days of Tekton, and it was one of those things that almost immediately convinced me to stay away from Tekton speakers. It's one thing for him to say I am taking a different approach to speaker design than most of my competitors, but to make that statement that most other companies have no real background in loudspeaker design and innovation is just unbelievable.

At the beginning of this whole fiasco, I thought maybe this would lead to the end of Tekton. Everything that has happened since has made me think that it is now very possible the company does not survive this.........unless Eric sells the company and steps away, and someone else comes in and builds up a new reputation for the company.
I think we can all agree he has not handled this well, and that comments like these are very disrespectful. I'm not sure the punishment would fit the crime though if this results in the end of Tekton. This is the man's livelihood, as well as all of his employees. It seems clear though that action must be taken on Tekton's end to make sure that doesn't happen

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Nearly all of my competitors have no real background in loudspeaker design and innovation"
After a few decades as a designer, I do at least know enough to NOT HAVE HOLES IN THE DAMN CABINET and no instructions about plugging them. Gee, come to think of it, I could have had zero years of design experience and figured that one out :rolleyes:
As for "innovation" the three tweeter array was a THX thing; the M&K speakers at 5.1 Entertainment's main mix studio had that as well as some others. I don't think it was THX's idea but rather one of the few ways to meet their dispersion specification. Arrays of woofers and tweeters are nothing new going back to at least the Infinity IRS and maybe earlier. Rectangular cabinets date back to, oh, Homo Erectus or something like that.

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think we can all agree he has not handled this well, and that comments like these are very disrespectful. I'm not sure the punishment would fit the crime though if this results in the end of Tekton. This is the man's livelihood, as well as all of his employees. It seems clear though that action must be taken on Tekton's end to make sure that doesn't happen
I assume his company is already on the verge of a collapse due to the bad reputation ASR gave him. It’s a direct sales company and people have to go through the internet to get to them for getting their speakers. Searching for it, would land many potential buyers into this forum and they would stay away. I guess he is now sure that he company is done and therefore he is just mad at everyone even though it’s late and won’t fix anything. There is no recovery from it at this point. Sad but true. Some years back I dreamed of owning one of those speakers with lot of tweeters but not anymore.

olieb

I think we can all agree he has not handled this well, and that comments like these are very disrespectful.
One might look at it this way. I can't take him that seriously, to me it is not so much disrespectful ( I am not in this business, so I am no addressee) but it carries quite some megalomaniac craziness.
The guy made a business from the idea of colorful monkey coffins and bulk orders of tweeters. Yeah, why not! It was nice while it lasted.
But now he has a crisis because he has to deal with the fact that someone does not consider him the greatest speaker designer on earth.
If he fails to manage that crisis it is not punishment (for being disrespectful) but just the way things are.

AaronJ

Eric would sooner trash his own company, sacrifice his employees’ well being, and cause as much collateral damage as he deems necessary than admit to any of his own shortcomings or mistakes. He will play the victim in this situation until his death. This is the unfortunate truth.

There will be no apologies or reconciliation. He will not go quietly. He will continue to pursue his acquittal under the direction of his own distorted world view.

Anyone and everyone should stay away from this guy, but ultimately he is charming enough to surround himself with people who can provide value to him.

Jim Taylor

Forum Donor
I assume his company is already on the verge of a collapse due to the bad reputation ASR gave him.

ASR did NOT give this man a bad reputation. What has been done, has been done by the man himself. ASR simply reviewed a product owned by a private individual. The results that we have seen after that have all been due to the owner of Tekton.

Was not all of Amir's correspondence resultant? In other words, was he not answering something that was initiated by someone else and said to him?

Jim

Last edited:

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That was one of the most arrogant statements from Eric that I saw across all the various posts, blogs, etc. that he has made over the years. I seem to remember him saying almost that exact same thing back in the earlier days of Tekton, and it was one of those things that almost immediately convinced me to stay away from Tekton speakers. It's one thing for him to say I am taking a different approach to speaker design than most of my competitors, but to make that statement that most other companies have no real background in loudspeaker design and innovation is just unbelievable.

At the beginning of this whole fiasco, I thought maybe this would lead to the end of Tekton. Everything that has happened since has made me think that it is now very possible the company does not survive this.........unless Eric sells the company and steps away, and someone else comes in and builds up a new reputation for the company.
I should clarify my quote was from his "18 year old girls in China" blog post. I think it was dated around 2008, so not early in his career but still from quite a while ago,

I doubt ASR will cause his company much disruption. There's a ton of noise on AR and plenty of people that bash ASR pretty constantly on other forums for whatever reasons.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Im sorry if this sounds harsh, but after reading this entire thread, and seen what he has put both Erin and Amir through…

i hope he loses his business. He doesn’t deserve it.

there are plenty of speaker manufacturers, we don’t need ones that behave like this.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That was an excellent example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, in contrast you will never see a real good loudspeaker engineering state something similar. Generally the behaviour of him seems to be a textbook example to some of the problems that other mentioned before.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Eric Alexander , as far as this particular controversy goes, you're done: your claims about the measurements have been disproven - most notably, your claim that Erin created a "false narrative" by attributing the impedance bump to a cabinet resonance and not the absence of the feet, has been totally debunked. So you are the only one who has created a false narrative, defaming Erin's and Amir's measurements and falsely impugning their credibility and integrity as reviewers. From the information available to us in the public, you have also failed to follow through on your statement that you would provide your own measurements, and the disparity between your claims about your tactics and behavior in your YouTube videos and your evident behavior and tactics in the emails Amir and Erin have shared, are on the internet for everyone to see and judge for themselves. You haven't just burned a bridge - you've napalmed it.
Wow. Self-immolation. I’d laugh, but it’s kinda sad.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems like he's now commenting under the new review as Mark and Dave from Utah (I'm pretty sure they are his local friends from Utah)

View attachment 363337

So he’s against reviewers “nit picking” problems in his products? What does he think reviewers are supposed to do?

Oh, right: simply express “appreciation” for his efforts. Otherwise it’s call the lawyers.

This person is not living in reality, unfortunately.

Bryguy

One might look at it this way. I can't take him that seriously, to me it is not so much disrespectful ( I am not in this business, so I am no addressee) but it carries quite some megalomaniac craziness.
The guy made a business from the idea of colorful monkey coffins and bulk orders of tweeters. Yeah, why not! It was nice while it lasted.
But now he has a crisis because he has to deal with the fact that someone does not consider him the greatest speaker designer on earth.
If he fails to manage that crisis it is not punishment (for being disrespectful) but just the way things are.
True. Not punishment. I didn't mean that literally, although I guess I didn't make that clear. He's made his bed, and now it's time to lie in it. I guess I just meant to express how unfortunate it is how severe the consequences of this ordeal might be for his company and its employees. The fact that this is just the first time he's faced any real backlash for what has apparently been a pattern of this kind of behavior makes me a little less sympathetic I suppose. It's just an unfortunate situation all around that I hope can be reconciled without anyone losing their jobs. If Tekton does implode though, Eric will have no one to blame but himself. He might not agree though..

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's just an unfortunate situation all around that I hope can be reconciled without anyone losing their jobs.
In the short term losing the job is always a not positive event, on the other hand working for such a personality can be more damaging in the long run, even more when we see for example what he wrote about his fired employee.

Bryguy

In the short term losing the job is always a not positive event, on the other hand working for such a personality can be more damaging in the long run, even more when we see for example what he wrote about his fired employee.
True. That was highly unprofessional. Hopefully that individual is moving on to bigger and better things

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems like he's now commenting under the new review as Mark and Dave from Utah (I'm pretty sure they are his local friends from Utah)

View attachment 363337

I just went back to Erin's video, scrolled and read through comments for 15-20 minutes, and also did a search for "MarkandDave" on the page and nothing came up. So it would appear the comments were deleted, or else they've been buried under such a large avalanche of positive comments that you have to scroll down for a long time to find them.

Easternlethal

Forum Donor
A class action suit could only be brought by his customers, who would allege they were misled and thereby harmed when they bought the speakers under false pretenses. Non-customers don't have standing because they wouldn't have been harmed (materially) by anything Tekton / EA did.
Members of the public can also participate in a legal action as a class if they are affected by tekton’s action.

Look at this way: I pay money to Erin to Amir to review products - including tekton. Tekton threatens both of them, who now decide not to review their speakers anymore, depriving me of measurements and reviews from all tekton products in the future.

This could happen to any reviewer for any product so there is a public interest element to it as well. As consumers we would argue that all of us should have a right to receive independent reviews and reviewers should have a right to give it.

Top Bottom