• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

mikehoopes

I tried out the keyboard damper o-rings that @markanini suggested, and they did help me with consistency of seal. I had to increase the gain +1 to +1.5 dB for 5 KHz and up to compensate for some perceived differences (I don't have a measuring rig), so I don't think it helped with max depth, but likely decreased the amount that shell interference would back them out during use.

IMG_1095.jpeg

JimBean

I ordered these off amazon, still waiting on the Moondrop Dawn Pro dongle dac, but they sound pretty good listening to Qobuz on my phone via the headphone jack. So far I'm quite impressed for the price.

KosherButcher

I had had a very hard time getting the Zero:2 to fit my ears consistently, despite having tried at least 10-15 different types of tips. I found this was mostly due to these IEMs having such a short nozzle. Even using o-rings wasn't helping because due to the nozzle being so short, using o-rings would cause pretty much any tip to fall off too easily, in my ear. I was about to give up on these, completely, until I ordered the new AZLA Origin tips. I ordered the pack of assorted sizes, as one of my ears usually requires a different size tip than the other (with the exception of the extremely deep insertion fit of my Etymotics), and these tips finally work for me with the Zero:2!! I'm sure they can be ordered from multiple places, but here is a link to where I got them. They aren't exactly the cheapest tips around, but I've had multiple tips from AZLA before, and they have lasted me for quite a while, and have helped me attain a decent seal with other hard-to-fit IEMs in the past, so I found them to be worth it. YMMV

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I had had a very hard time getting the Zero:2 to fit my ears consistently, despite having tried at least 10-15 different types of tips. I found this was mostly due to these IEMs having such a short nozzle. Even using o-rings wasn't helping because due to the nozzle being so short, using o-rings would cause pretty much any tip to fall off too easily, in my ear. I was about to give up on these, completely, until I ordered the new AZLA Origin tips. I ordered the pack of assorted sizes, as one of my ears usually requires a different size tip than the other (with the exception of the extremely deep insertion fit of my Etymotics), and these tips finally work for me with the Zero:2!! I'm sure they can be ordered from multiple places, but here is a link to where I got them. They aren't exactly the cheapest tips around, but I've had multiple tips from AZLA before, and they have lasted me for quite a while, and have helped me attain a decent seal with other hard-to-fit IEMs in the past, so I found them to be worth it. YMMV

Yup - not sure if this model from Azla has the same dimensions as the ones you link but these are the ones that work for the Zeros for me - wide flange is needed due to the short nozzle as you say.

KosherButcher

I have those as well, but could not get a good fit with them either. The ones you shared might have similar dimensions for the main body of the ear tip, but the ones I linked to have a much longer stem, which was the aspect I found most important for getting a good fit with my ears. The Origins have a stem that extends past the body of the ear tip, similar to the way some SpinFit models do.

GPJ

The importance of a good seal with IEM cannot be understated. That alone is the most important thing to get right IME. If I place the Red tips of the Zero 2 into my ears it is very difficult to get a good seal even though they are the proper size for my ear. If I take a wet wash rag or paper towel and wet my ear canal (give yourself a wet willy!) the red tips will form an excellent seal especially after the rubber warms up (give it a couple minutes). Bass will be exactly here it should be. Key is to a wash and wet the ear canal before insertion FTW.

IME foam tips will always give me a good seal, but I prefer the audio much more with silicone tips.

My Zero 2 continues to impress and is my goto IEM. Simply stunning bang for buck.

Last edited:

ngs428

Zero 2 - Nozzle too short

I am trying out the zero 2, but it seems like they don’t have long enough nozzles to actually push into my ear canal. I also have the Reds and they fit in the canal.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thinking of trying the Chu 2 or Wan’er, sounds like the Chu 2 may have a longer nozzle?

Thoughts on this one?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How about reading the posts before yours before asking?

JimBean

I suppose I must consider myself very lucky because the standard tips on these give a pretty good seal in my ear. The bass is quite impressive. Tested them out with some hip-hop the other night. Way better than the wireless bluetooth earbuds I use for work, and those were $5 more than the Zero:2

Basically it's a great time to be into audio. So many affordable options.

ngs428

How about reading the posts before yours before asking?
The posts before mine were referring to modifying the Zero 2. I am asking about anyone who has experience with the Chu 2 or Wan’er to see if they had better luck with nozzle length.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Zero 2 - Nozzle too short

I have a similar issue with the new Kiwi Ears Singolo and ordered These Dunu S&S ear tips, longer and wider to the end of tip than the usual “bud” style so I should get a decent seal, ordered in large and xl.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The posts before mine were referring to modifying the Zero 2. I am asking about anyone who has experience with the Chu 2 or Wan’er to see if they had better luck with nozzle length.
Not all of them. It's a long thread. I suggest you read it through.

ngs428

Not all of them. It's a long thread. I suggest you read it through.
I did a search on Chu 2 and Wan'er in this post and found nothing relevant to my questions. No posts on the Wan'er and just one on the Chu 2 that referenced tips. I tried. :) It is along thread I have been following for several months.

ngs428

I have a similar issue with the new Kiwi Ears Singolo and ordered These Dunu S&S ear tips, longer and wider to the end of tip than the usual “bud” style so I should get a decent seal, ordered in large and xl.
Awesome, thanks! I appreciate the option. They do look like nice tips. I am trying the tips I got with my Reds… they are working better. Not quite there yet though. Thanks!

KosherButcher

Awesome, thanks! I appreciate the option. They do look like nice tips. I am trying the tips I got with my Reds… they are working better. Not quite there yet though. Thanks!
I had this problem, and I was finally able to get a good seal, and deeper fit, with the AZLA Origin tips, as they have a longer stem to compensate for the short nozzle of the Zero:2. No other tip I tried, including the Dunu S&S worked for me.

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I did a search on Chu 2 and Wan'er in this post and found nothing relevant to my questions. No posts on the Wan'er and just one on the Chu 2 that referenced tips. I tried. :) It is along thread I have been following for several months.
Hey I was the one who mentioned the Chu 2 :D Chu 2 has more desirable nozzle length for sure, but it shreds some of my ear tips as you might have read and I still prefer the Zero 2 with regards to sound

Top Bottom