• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 35 10.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 164 49.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 118 35.9%

• Total voters

daniboun

Major Contributor
- 10 Amps GaN PSU brings nothing to the table. The Fosi V3 with their "ordinary" 48V/5A PSU has more power in 4 and 8 Ohms and is cool to the touch in normal operation.

I agree with this point and I think it is essential to have Amir's measurements with the Stock PSU 48/5A... so that customers buy the right PSU and at the right price!

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Performance is good, load dependence has been greatly reduced although not completely eliminated. Decent power but there are those who do better, distortion that increases at high frequencies but quite normal in this class, SINAD excellent with balanced input but only good in RCA, with a notable penalty, some useful functions such as the trigger but others incomprehensible such as the low pass filter. Price still not very high but dangerously close to better products.
Terrifying aesthetics and shape in my opinion, but this is a personal consideration.
In short, I have difficulty judging this unit, it doesn't completely convince me. I would like this kind of performance but with a casing and a series of advanced features such as SMSL Ao300. Or even better performance in a simple power amplifier (with more power).

As it stands for me this is neither meat nor fish

uwotm8

2_be3a5406-65a8-4a72-9012-ea5463348a58_1024x1024.jpg

Sub Out: 20Hz~150Hz/600Hz(-3dB) (adjustable output cutoff frequency)

I'm a bit confused honestly

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm > Aiyima confirmed that it sent you the amp with a 48V/10A Gan and 48/5A Gan PSU, can you please complete your measurements?
I think it would be appropriate for Aiyima to confirm the difference in performance with the two power supplies offered. Can you also confirm that it is really a Gan PSU ?
They sent both but asked me to test with 10 amp supply. The power supply does say GaN on it but has no brand. I assume it is true but hard to do due diligence.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I agree with this point and I think it is essential to have Amir's measurements with the Stock PSU 48/5A... so that customers buy the right PSU and at the right price!
Once you spend $190, I don't see the point in saving $30 for the lower amp supply.

daniboun

Major Contributor
They sent both but asked me to test with 10 amp supply. The power supply does say GaN on it but has no brand. I assume it is true but hard to do due diligence.

Most of us would like to see measurements with the stock 48/5A psu please ) as discussed below. Aiyima did not specify their test condition so you will help everybody here by doing it. You did it for the Fosi V3 should be fair to do it for the A70 as well ....

See atrached file for what Aiyima claimed

Attachments

• 1708425318118.png
    1708425318118.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Even if it had THD+N vs Freq at a constant -120db all the way up,I would still vote poor by the form factor and looks alone.
I'm as visual as it gets,can't help it.

Thanks Amir!

DanielT

Major Contributor
Thanks for the test Amir. :)

Good SINAD and power to price ratio, but the best is still this what you wrote:
The A70 is one of the few TI TPA3255 chip based amplification utilizing post filter feedback loop (PFFB).

Even if it had THD+N vs Freq at a constant -120db all the way up,I would still vote poor by the form factor and looks alone.
I'm as visual as it gets,can't help it.

Thanks Amir!
Typical "hide away" look, which is also practically easy to do due to its size.:)

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
I'm as visual as it gets,can't help it
I for one love the looks. But I do not need another just in case I need an amp amp.

Sokel

Master Contributor
2_be3a5406-65a8-4a72-9012-ea5463348a58_1024x1024.jpg

Sub Out: 20Hz~150Hz/600Hz(-3dB) (adjustable output cutoff frequency)

I'm a bit confused honestly
Judging by Amir's graph they probably mean the upper -3db of the low pass filter.
But it is confusing,yes.

Roland68

Major Contributor
How would you test this and why would it matter?
GaN semiconductors, e.g. diodes and transistors, are significantly more efficient. This allows smaller, cooler and more powerful switching power supplies to be built, but above all more efficient ones. This can improve the efficiency by 5-10%, which would also be the measurable difference.
Information about gallium nitride / GaN semiconductors can be found online.

Jasperous

For all the folks demanding that Amir test it with the 5A brick, I would say… do it your damn self. He’s not our lab testing intern. Get yourselves some empathy on how much tedious work all of this testing is.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Just bought an open box Topping PA7 for $270. Should I return it and save $70?
Other than the 30W difference, I don't see how I'll be able to hear the difference between the two...
Before you send it back, you can give it to me for the price.

daniboun

Major Contributor
For all the folks demanding that Amir test it with the 5A brick, I would say… do it your damn self. He’s not our lab testing intern. Get yourselves some empathy on how much tedious work all of this testing is.

Ask yourself why Aiyima asked Amir not to test the 48/5A that they ship to him ?
Check the Fosi V3 ASR test with 2 different PSUs and make your conclusion.....

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
His choice of course. Being on the side of the consumer and not testing the stock amp is confusing since he’s done that with the Fosi amps and others. Data for that would be helpful if making a purchase

Saponetto

So, another lovely semi-vert brick from Aiyima. :)
I like this form factor overall, just have some itch when there's an external power brick.
Thanks for this highly appreciated review, @amirm!
My vote is "great" for the amp itself, obviously less for the power brick.

Top Bottom