• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 215 49.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 175 40.0%

• Total voters

asimze

Thank you @daniboun !!! Finally a proper observation of the fossiaudio story. Everyone hysterically praised the V3, and then we found out that the elemental thing that is recommended in the manufacturer's documentation, which is PFFB, was not incorporated. Of course, it will be solved in the V6 version! Cheap manager games.
I ask two elementary technical questions on the Fosija Community site, but there are no answers. Just enough to show how much they respect customers. Ask this question about total power in mono version then wait for answer???
I had the problem that the two screws on the bottom side were glued, and then a drill and a lot of trouble for the experienced.
I could add more, but I don't have time for that. Who is to blame for reading a lot of rewiew? All praise, but on a theoretical level.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you @daniboun !!! Finally a proper observation of the fossiaudio story. Everyone hysterically praised the V3, and then we found out that the elemental thing that is recommended in the manufacturer's documentation, which is PFFB, was not incorporated. Of course, it will be solved in the V6 version! Cheap manager games.
I ask two elementary technical questions on the Fosija Community site, but there are no answers. Just enough to show how much they respect customers. Ask this question about total power in mono version then wait for answer???
I had the problem that the two screws on the bottom side were glued, and then a drill and a lot of trouble for the experienced.
I could add more, but I don't have time for that. Who is to blame for reading a lot of rewiew? All praise, but on a theoretical level.
The lack of PFFB is precisely one of the very first criticisms that were made IN THIS THREAD to this product and precisely by this community, so I read your comment and I just can't understand what the hell you are talking about, in any case for the 90 euros requested, it remains a small amplifier with an exceptional value and all this enthusiasm in despising Fosi seems truly out of place considering how open they are to comparison and improvement.

RCL162

Cool ? Most of the users need a Stereo module... That s not cool at all to pay for 2 mono amps and therefore double the price...
For me it's cool..will buy it. If you don't like it, skip it for another model amplifier. Why bother my decision? If not cool for you, so be it. Chill...

I purchased this little thing today from our local builder store, this one cool too:
Screenshot_2024-02-24-17-16-29-215-edit_com.tokopedia.tkpd.jpg

max 54VDC 5-20A + extra 12VDC CT (PSU).

Opamp dual NE5532 original MSOP HG, big inductor with high Q.

All input balanced.

Protection UVP, OVP, OTP, OSP, DCP, resetable protection. (With socket to add as push button reset)

Mode with jumper pin:

BTL 2 channel speaker 2-8ohm
4 channel speaker 4-8ohm
2.1 channel

$34 with no casing.

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
For me it's cool..will buy it. If you don't like it, skip it for another model amplifier. Why bother my decision? If not cool for you, so be it. Chill...

I purchased this little thing today from our local builder store, this one cool too:View attachment 351894

max 54VDC 5-20A + extra 12VDC CT (PSU).

Opamp dual NE5532 original MSOP HG, big inductor with high Q.

All input balanced.

Protection UVP, OVP, OTP, OSP, DCP, resetable protection. (With socket to add as push button reset)

Mode with jumper pin:

BTL 2 channel speaker 2-8ohm
4 channel speaker 4-8ohm
2.1 channel

$34 with no casing.

Thanks for sharing. I checked the user manual. This is an Indonesian Tpa3255 module but with no PFFB implementation. Anyway seems interesting .

About the mono PFFB Fosi : I don't criticize but I try to ask the right questions for the community. I already have my ASH-400 and Micro Audio projects so no need for other amps)))

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor

You are welcome.
You could expect about 190W @4R and 100W@8R with respectable noise / distortion for such a PBTL mono Fosi amp.
But let s wait for the ASR review ))

In the meantime it seems that Aiyima is one step ahead of Fosi. Their PFFB amp is already available for pre-order and Amir should test it with two GaN PSUs: 48V/10A and 48/5A

Measurements here :

Last edited:

kibs

You are welcome.
You could expect about 190W @4R and 100W@8R with respectable noise / distortion for such a PBTL mono Fosi amp.

In the meantime it seems that Aiyima is one step ahead of Fosi. Their PFFB amp is already available for pre-order and Amir should test it with two GaN PSUs: 48V/10A and 48/5A

Measurements here :

Looks quite interesting. Was about to order the V3 but seems I'll have to wait for Amir's review of the new V3, aiyima models with PFFB
SNR.png

RCL162

Where can it be obtained?
Local builder, Indonesia. Shipping cost, maybe bad idea for you.

But this dude shipped products to Germany too. You can find his YT channel, Wahyu Eko Romadhon aka W.E.R. all his social media are there, try his Facebook mostly active there.

I purchased his discrete opamps months ago. Green: anistardi's design, blue: elliot's design.

(Not showing off, bc all cheap products compare to sparkos, etc. or try to promote..just as collection and sharing for something i thought unique. hehe)

IMG_20240224_185803.jpg

Last edited:

RCL162

You are welcome.

Measurements here :

He has 2 pcb boards. The blue one has PPFB. Mine, green has no PFFB and He said will cause something like oscillating so no PFFB for the green board.

RCL162

You are welcome.

Measurements here :

Oh wow..aiyima's new product!

RCL162

Thanks for sharing. I checked the user manual. This is an Indonesian Tpa3255 module but with no PFFB implementation. Anyway seems interesting .

About the mono PFFB Fosi : I don't criticize but I try to ask the right questions for the community. I already have my ASH-400 and Micro Audio projects so no need for other amps)))
He just replied my DM:
He tried PFFB, pre-filter, UCD, triple feedback mode. The most stable is pre-filter. Idk..am not expert. ;)

daniboun

Major Contributor
He just replied my DM:
He tried PFFB, pre-filter, UCD, triple feedback mode. The most stable is pre-filter. Idk..am not expert. ;)

With no measurements we cant trust. I wont go that way )

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You are welcome.

Measurements here :

I usually don't pay attention to cosmetic aspects, but this A70 ... (I think it's impossible to design something uglier)
Also, it seems that doesn't work as monoblock.

daniboun

Major Contributor
I usually don't pay attention to cosmetic aspects, but this A70 ... (I think it's impossible to design something uglier)
Also, it seems that doesn't work as monoblock.

I must agree the A70 is so ugly.....

RCL162

If you’re referring to the V3, there is no pop on mine when turning off/on. The TB10D does, but only if I don’t turn the gain pot all the way down before power off/on. No issues on either my Ayima A04(upgraded) or SMSL A300.
Mine does it when i turn it on..a little pop sound. Won't do damage to my speaker i think.

Gjacobsn

Hi All. Running V3s for my back two and atmos channels of my home theater setup. This replaces the digital amp section of my anthem mrx 1120 which is 60 wpc class d. I did this in hopes it might help the main 5 channels of class a/b running to the the lcr and main two surrounds by offloading the power supply. Perhaps sounds better but who knows, I'm having fun with my first step into separates on the cheap.

Question I have is there is a slight hiss with my ear up to the tweeter in either the v3 or with a speaker hooked to the native amp surround digital amplifier. Sounds the same from both amps. Also there with the rca unplugged to the v3. Really inaudible at 6 inches though so who cares, especially since it's the same on both the anthem and v3.

Curiously it is not there in the LCR or main surrounds powered by the anthem class ab section. Can't hear it at all. Is this just a difference between the classes of amplification? Just curious...

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Someone pointed to me this:
Fosi Audio V3 2024 Version: https://fosiaudio.com/pages/v3-2024-version

Lets see, what changes were implemented in V3 to enhance buyer satisfaction and value?

Did they add PFFB? No.
Did they add a separate power switch (i.e. a switch not integrated into the volume)? No.
Did they add better thermal coupling between the TPA3255 chip and the amplifier case? No.
Did they add better components? No.

Well, what have they added to justify the "V3 2024 version" status? The former pre-out is now controlled by the V3's power switch and volume.

Note to @Fosi Audio:
  • For a company to be successful, it needs both innovation and marketing.
  • Although Fosi is already known for its agressive marketing, innovation is still a crucial factor.
  • When it comes to innovation (i.e., something new that brings satisfaction and value for the customer), it's important to avoid lazy engineering. Unfortunately, this has caused the downfall of many manufacturers, not just in the audio equipment industry.
This V3 2024 edition has been mainly revised according to the suggestions of our extensive user base. We have modified the pre-out interface to allow it to be controlled by the volume knob.

The pro version of V3, also an upgrade based on everyone's suggestions, is currently under development. Developing a brand new product indeed takes time, and we will strive to bring it to market within this year.;)

PlasticDoc

The pro version of V3, also an upgrade based on everyone's suggestions, is currently under development. Developing a brand new product indeed takes time, and we will strive to bring it to market within this year.;)
That is not a question of having a pro edition. You may be missing the opportunity for disruptive innovation with the current V3 development.

Remember that mobile phones, personal computers and photocopiers all started as disruptive innovations. They were not "more of the same" products to serve existing customers, but new products to serve new non-consumers.

In the case of the V3, the aim might be to have the simplest amplifier possible (i.e. RCA input, speaker out, separate on/off switch, volume control, good heat dissipation, no aux outputs, no other gadgets) with flat frequency response and a SINAD of 95dB or better. Keep the good components (coils, capacitors, resistors, heat sink, potentiometer), add a decent PFFB and drop everything else. You will have a winner.

Don't cut corners, as the Ayima A70 seems to have done:
  • its 8R frequency response curve is far from the curve of a proper TI PFFB implementation, and looks more like the so-called "differentiating postfilter" - which is just a cheap single 50~100pF capacitor connecting speaker out to audio in;
  • its enclosure is clearly not about good heat dissipation;
  • its multiple switches, variable frequencies and multiple gain choices, do not even pretend to be a Hi-Fi product; it seems to be (yet another) chi-fi thing for the Chinese domestic market..

Last edited:

PlasticDoc

Fosi V3 could be competing in a new market (compete against non-consumption) rather than trying to be another company in the Chi-Fi low-cost race.

(see chapter 3. "What products will customers want to buy?", source: The Innovator's Solution: Creating and Sustaining Successful Growth, C. Christensen + E. Raynor, Harvard Business School Publishing, 2013)
disruptive-innovation.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom