• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Which part of the World do you live in ?

• Africa

Votes: 7 0.4%
  • Asia

Votes: 142 7.2%
  • Europe

Votes: 982 49.7%
  • North America

Votes: 727 36.8%
  • South America

Votes: 33 1.7%
  • Oceania

Votes: 85 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

damirj79

You got that right! Soča is unforgettable!
And the largest stone arch bridge damirj79 posted a picture of is actually in Solkan - now a suburb to Nova Gorica, but as a resident there I can not let it slip past.....
The hill you see behind the bridge was taller by about 20 meters before the World War 1 as it was bombarded so heavily the top was blown off. River Soča and its valley was place to the bloody "Soča front" where some 300.000 soldiers died in a few years. Bones of 100.000 soldiers lay in this monument.
View attachment 345156View attachment 345155

That is 100%, the Solkan bridge is in - Solkan :) to be honest. Is that picture of the bridge yours? Kind of remembers me of the picture that one of my friends took it. I lived in Solkan also and I moved few kilometers to the east 10 years ago.

afternine

Nah, picture is not mine - although I live within 1km nearby and have plenty of photos, but all with people, so I opted for a stock one.

webmst007

That’s one hell of a big yard to Mow in the Summer. :oops:
The view looks out north towards Canberra and into the Brindabella Hills which is part of the Great Dividing Range in Southern NSW. This is in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. I swear there are days when I think I'll see the Riders of Rohan coming over those hills....

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Almost 1800 Voting Participants in less than 6 days! Insane turnout for the Europeans as they are trouncing the map and eating our collective lunches. VF, this Poll has set a new participation record. Thank you all for being so kind by participate and sharing your general geographical location. Including the many strikingly beautiful pictures of your home towns and surrounding countrysides. I initially thought we would be lucky to get 1000 votes. Very happy to be proven wrong. :p

dasdoing

Major Contributor

at first I though this is Berlin

siegessaule-1060453_640.jpg

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
1706461336151.png

Silicon Valley. It was called the Valley of Hearts Delight around 60 years ago, as shown below. Santa Clara was all small farms and then folks at Stanford invented the silicon chip, making this website possible as well as a couple other things. Which one do you like better?

1706461776003.png

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Almost 1800 Voting Participants in less than 6 days! Insane turnout for the Europeans as they are trouncing the map and eating our collective lunches. VF, this Poll has set a new participation record. Thank you all for being so kind by participate and sharing your general geographical location. Including the many strikingly beautiful pictures of your home towns and surrounding countrysides. I initially thought we would be lucky to get 1000 votes. Very happy to be proven wrong. :p
6 days to go before the poll ends. I don't think that we can get that much more votes at this point (you were right after all @Rick Sykora;)), but it would be cool if we reach 2k at the end !

At this very moment, Europe is about to lose the overall majority :
1000025318.png

Last edited:

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
6 days to go before the poll ends. I don't think that we can get that much more votes at this point (you were right after all @Rick Sykora;)), but it would be cool if we reach 2k at the end !

At this very moment, Europe is about to lose the overall majority :
View attachment 345847
It would put the above into perspective to know, what an average members traffic is for ASR in any month.
I mean, The number of individual members, logging in, in an average month.
If the number is much larger than 2000, then the above results don't tell much, if it is not, then it is pretty accurate.
I apologize if the point had been raised before.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If the number is much larger than 2000, then the above results don't tell much
2000 votes in a poll are perfectly valid to establish reliable statistics for a 52k group. Especially when you observe an acceptable repeatability over the previous poll (that stayed opened for more than four years). ;)

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
2000 votes in a poll are perfectly valid to establish reliable statistics for a 52k group. Especially when you observe an acceptable repeatability over the previous poll (that stayed opened for more than four years). ;)
was there a previous poll?

Top Bottom