• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Which part of the World do you live in ?

• Africa

Votes: 7 0.4%
  • Asia

Votes: 142 7.2%
  • Europe

Votes: 982 49.7%
  • North America

Votes: 727 36.8%
  • South America

Votes: 33 1.7%
  • Oceania

Votes: 85 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HelloHell

Lisboa, Portugal

Attachments

• praça melhor.jpg
    praça melhor.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 38
  • torre.jpg
    torre.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 39
  • se.jpg
    se.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 40
  • parque.jpeg
    parque.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 37

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Springfield I-5.jpg

Springfield Oregon. It's hard to find an "iconic" picture for this freeway town. This one has the river and the I-5, and you can just make out the big paper mill in the background. It's cloudy, so that's appropriate. No skyscrapers or amazing architecture here. The network of bike paths along this river is getting pretty good though!

Last edited:

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
san-francisco-where-to-stay-golden-gate-bridge.jpeg

local bridge
Many years ago I was a sailor on the USS Nimitz. We steamed into the bay and I was in my dress blues manning the rails. Unfortunately there was thick fog so we couldn't see anybody and nobody could see us. What a bummer! As I stared into the fog, I suddenly heard cheering. I looked up, and way above my head was a span of this bridge, floating in the fog, with a bunch of people waving an cheering! I was in awe and wonder at the sight, because the ship ain't small, and we were standing on the deck, way above the water. Yet there was that span of bridge floating much, much higher than us!

tiggerkater55

thanks guys for this really great thread!
as i love all your photos so much, here some of my home town. -> vienna. photos not from me, but town looks really like this ;) (unsplash.com)

1) view from the vienna wine yards
2) schloss schönbrunn (obviously tourist attraction)
3) musikverein, goldener saal (this is a forum about hifi and music, right? so this is one of worlds best concert halls, some say (me including): the best)
4) neue donau (the place we go swimming in summer. this photo is from my wife)

arno-senoner-sqe52jdWywA-unsplash.jpg

zhang-xiaoyu-nSlTrUHXFH4-unsplash.jpg

bells-mayer-NgXUoFkxQyQ-unsplash.jpg

neue-donau-2012.png

Hart

Many years ago I was a sailor on the USS Nimitz. We steamed into the bay and I was in my dress blues manning the rails. Unfortunately there was thick fog so we couldn't see anybody and nobody could see us. What a bummer! As I stared into the fog, I suddenly heard cheering. I looked up, and way above my head was a span of this bridge, floating in the fog, with a bunch of people waving an cheering! I was in awe and wonder at the sight, because the ship ain't small, and we were standing on the deck, way above the water. Yet there was that span of bridge floating much, much higher than us!
It's funny when you sail under those bridges it is noisy as you approach then silent underneath, then noisy again. Kind of eery at night.

JoetheLion

Forum Donor
To quote ASR Homepage: Don’t just be a gear head! :)

Greetings to all from Bonn! Birthplace of Beethoven, to whom we owe the most beautiful music ever (even if he could no longer hear it in the end and would not have needed a DAC with SINAD > 120...).

beethoven.png

Picture The white T-shirt in Bonn, Germany by Sir John, slightly modified (Sir James, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons).

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
1705957009396.jpeg

Fort Worth, Texas

K man

Completely devastating for the HiFi economy because you get very tempted to take out the passport and spend money on a nice trip to the places shown in the thread.:p
Maybe we should start arranging exchange travels among the members and listen to each other’s systems.

I’m sure people would love to show them off! :)

Last edited:

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps to help with my perceived underrepresentation ;)

1705957316802.jpeg

and also home of the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra…

1705957522249.jpeg

and their summer venue (live about 8 miles directly east of it)…

1705957940962.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom