• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEW AUDIOPHONICS AP300-S2503E. 3E Audio 260-2-29A Amplifier

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

To follow up on what I shared with some... I share the news with you)
The ASR test reassured Audiophonics) But a little more expensive than I thought 499€

audiophonics-ap300-s2503e.jpg

See you guys )

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi amigos,

The ASR test reassured Audiophonics) But a little more expensive than I thought 499€

See you guys )

Looks good, but don't understand the price.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor

natna

If it was an intergrated amp (input source selector + volume control) pricing could be ok.
PFFB is definitely very important and I'm sure 3E's modules quality is better, but you can have 2 x ZA3s bridged as monoblocks for half the price. For 4 Ohm speakers the difference is negligible...

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks to be a nice, serious amp. The final price may simply reflect what it takes to integrate the 3E Audio module into a finished product including all the legal certifications, warranty, a proper customer support… and some profit.
The cost of not cutting corners. Not really surprising IMHO.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Looks to be a nice, serious amp. The final price may simply reflect what it takes to integrate the 3E Audio module into a finished product including all the legal certifications, warranty, a proper customer support… and some profit.
The cost of not cutting corners. Not really surprising IMHO.
I agree ) although I think we expected a less excessive price... but I imagine the margin is justified. If we know that Audiophonics offers it at this price.... imagine the price at Buckeye or Boxem for the same amp -(

For the "made in France"
that's lying... assembled in France would be more honest for consumers ....

surroundman

Way, way too expensive. For this amount of money one can buy all the parts, a soldering iron, and a drill. :facepalm:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is there any fault in amp's weight?
I mean even if it's a small one (300x220x65mm) 2.35Kg doesn't seem to be right.

Modules,cabling,connectors and PSU alone should be more than that!

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Is there any fault in amp's weight?
I mean even if it's a small one (300x220x65mm) 2.35Kg doesn't seem to be right.

Modules,cabling,connectors and PSU alone should be more than that!

Mine is about 3.1KG, Unless their case is really lighter....

1702331723109.png

TheWalkman

Hi amigos,

See you guys )

That certainly didn’t take long!

Seriously, as the owner of an Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Amplifier (Purifi), I couldn’t be any more pleased. These guys rock!

adLuke

Nice to see a complete amplifier offer.
I am not attracted to it due to the price: a few days back the board was priced at USD109!
Probably I would feel differently if they embellished the offer with volume control/preamp as @natna mentioned.
It makes me more willing to build my own.
However, I think the price is justified considering the high demand they are anticipating after the great reviews of ASR.
Also, I think they believe the demand will be short-lived as Fosi/Aiyima and possibly Topping will follow with their version: I am not an engineer but I don't think that the PSFB design will be hard to replicate.
It might be a good idea to wait and see if competition will drive prices down.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
I looked at the Audiophonics address in Streetview out of curiosity. What I see there doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Perhaps more pitying. :confused:

adLuke

Why do you think that?
I don't see anyone complaining about the reliability of Audiophonics. At least that I am aware of.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
I looked at the Audiophonics address in Streetview out of curiosity. What I see there doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Perhaps more pitying. :confused:

Idle speculation :facepalm:! Audiophonics is based in Bordeaux and they even have a storefront ! They have super efficient after-sales service, they are certainly one of the best assemblers in Europe. The only criticism I have of them: it's tagging a product "made in France" when it is just "assembled in France", it's a somewhat dishonest marketing practice but apart from that, it's a great shop !

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
Audiophonics is based in Bordeaux and they even have a storefront
I'm glad you said that. Is there a link to it on the homepage? Or the address of the storefront?

I've only seen the shabby building at the address. And there's actually a sign on the door with the name of the company. Admittedly, it's outward appearances and I've actually bought something from them.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
While I'm at it. I saw that Audiophonics had standardized its cases. The enclosure offered for the 3E Audio is the same as for the new Hypex Ncore amps and Purifi. On the other hand, they took the opportunity to inflate their prices, which is a bit annoying because it is not an innovation in itself.....
I would even say that the cases are less advanced and above all less expensive to produce than the old ones, because they have removed the side heat sinks...

Examples :

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
I'm glad you said that. Is there a link to it on the homepage? Or the address of the storefront?

I've only seen the shabby building at the address. And there's actually a sign on the door with the name of the company. Admittedly, it's outward appearances and I've actually bought something from them.

Service Client 10 Marcelin Berthelot, 33270 Floirac (Bordeaux / FRANCE)

Open till 5PM )

adLuke

Yes, they seem very good and very quick in responding to changes.
As for the 'Made in France', it's an exceedingly common practice. Don't get me started on 'Made in Italy' products!
To me I believe they lack a good marketing eye: if they got a better looking enclosure and added volume and/or preamp board they could have easily justified the price tag.
But I don't think those are things to really complain about.

Top Bottom