• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Erin's Audio Corner gets a Klippel NFS!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow congrats, that's huge! I am trying to donate but PayPal is unresponsive right now, eventually I will manage it.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AM I THE ONLY PERSON WITHOUT A GODDAMNED NFS WHERE IS MY STIMULUS CHECK

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
She just worries about something happening to it. lol
Like what? Your child becomes the best NFS operator in the world!?!?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Speaker manufacturers...
cfc.jpg

Great news.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
I know Amir is on the right because he's older but... I really don't wanna be the dude with the rat-tail. :(
Don't worry, we love Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi equally, regardless of age.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kenobi's braid at that time was just because he was a Padawan, and still training to become a Jedi Knight, at which point the braid will be cut.

Last edited:

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Man, I don't know what kind of stimulus you were expecting but mine didn't even cover the shipping! :D :eek:
How much was the NFS, all told?

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you want to offset some of the costs, you could consider doing evaluations of speakers for a fee. From, for example, small manufacturers or DIY people. Not sure how much business that would generate, but it might be interesting.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want to offset some of the costs, you could consider doing evaluations of speakers for a fee. From, for example, small manufacturers or DIY people. Not sure how much business that would generate, but it might be interesting.
Yeah, Amir measured those Verdant speakers; not sure if the guy paid Amir, or if Amir just wanted unconditional rights to publish results, but the owner originally was going to use Excelsior Audio, and their site claims for regular speakers that they charge $1300 for the on-axis chart/sensitivity, impedance, max input, and 1 orientation polar plot, $700 for the other orientation. That’s $2000 for Spinorama data.

whazzup

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Congrats! Now what I say will probably amount to blasphemy, but one suggestion is to consider a methodology for measuring soundbars. I know it's been mentioned before that Klippel doesn't do that, but I figured that it'll be an interesting challenge. You'll be the first!

Reactions: 617

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yeah, Amir measured those Verdant speakers; not sure if the guy paid Amir, or if Amir just wanted unconditional rights to publish results, but the owner originally was going to use Excelsior Audio, and their site claims for regular speakers that they charge $1300 for the on-axis chart/sensitivity, impedance, max input, and 1 orientation polar plot, $700 for the other orientation. That’s $2000 for Spinorama data.
I have not gotten any payments for past testing/reviews. I either publish something and don't charge, or charge and results only belong to the company. They can give permission to publish but this has not happened. All in all, only once have I done testing for any company for payment and that was an electronic product. I have a couple companies asking me about doing private testing but nothing has happened yet.

So I would say the market at least right now is exceptionally limited for this kind of work for hire.

Top Bottom